[1.1.9.0] Physical Forcewave spammig Warlord

Yep ill gladly post them in a bit and as i level

if you have any questions, or just want to add to extend community, you can add me on STEAM account is ascensi

silly question (still trying to get some things) why do you have ulzaad bound to war cry? i was considering that but didnt think it would matter since wc doesnt do damage

It doesn’t matter,you need just a skill with high chance to trigger it.

ahh ok that makes more sense, thanks for clarifying.

Here’s a link to where I’m currently at:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0W3KR2

as Nery said, you can start in Soldier with forcewave & transmuter, or you can go Oathkeeper.

Since its a phys forcewave build, i chose to start with that.

Here’s what I did so far:
1 point forcewave : 2 soldier mastery until you get Tremor
Switch 2 Forcewave:1 soldier until forcewave is maxed
Rush to max out soldier mastery ASAP, adding 1 point every level to rending force per 2 levels, the rest into mastery. If dps is lacking, pump it more, but Oleron’s rage should be the next big go to due to DPS increase and QOL with movement speed.

Max Oleron’s rage, backtrack and start putting points 2:1 into Field command/squad tactics, again huge DPS boosts as well as great defense.

started pumping points into Oathkeeper 2 points OK to 1 Point in war cry, I wanted to get Vire’s might (better than blitz for movement) and start getting ascension for bursting, once i had enough points to get ascension I went back to get break morale, because I felt my defensives starting to lack.

as for devotions, im sloppy, but heres what i did:
Yellow
assassins mark (bound to forcewave)
refund yellow
purple
falcon
hawk
refund purple
blue
eel
refund blue
kracken
chariot of the dead (bound to an aura)
hammer
ulzaad (bound to war cry)

as for gear im trying to get a good mix of resist and phys damage. since this is my like 5th character (none at 100 yet) i was able to craft up to juggernaut relic

and thats where I’m ending tonight!

I’m up to fort Ikon, trying to hit 50 before I finish normal, I did the hidden path quest, killed the queen etc with little to no issue. any starred mob dies in a couple swings, 3-5k hits, 10-13k crits with the crap gear im currently using. its a machine

Apostate,nice leveling!To which skill you bind falcon swoop?Maybe guardins will be suitable?Also neat to get devotions and skills with OA.I remember leveling Soldier based build with low OA,if you’re unable to proc assassin the boss battles will be so long.

@Requnix I think 2h with Cleaver will be very good in campaign with faction gear primarily.For 1h Bludgeon looks fine and you can reset vendor for better rolls.

Thanks for this guide Nery! I was looking for a more recent FW build and this one fit me perfectly! well done.

I just went over the constellations myself, and this seems to be the best approach for getting Kraken soon and unlocking the important stuff as early as possible, with the least amount of re-purposing:

• Blue Crossroad
• Sailors Girdle
• Green crossroad
• Spider (temporary fill)
• Refund Green Crossroad
• Kraken
• White crossroad
• Assassins blade (bind to Forcewave early, swap to GoE once you get them.)
• Hammer
• Harp
• Rhowan’s Scepter
• Ulzaad (bind to Warcry, or Doom once you get the relic)
• Hawk
• Refund Spider
• Azrakaa (swap forcewave to this once you unlock it)
• Refund White and Blue Crossroads
• Solemn Watcher
• Ghoul (not completed)
• Jackal (not completed)

Also I’d recommend for new players with little gear that Cadence is a great temporary addition to the leveling process. For players who choose that route, I’d recommend a few points in cadence and it’s passives, and I’d recommend that they NOT take the Tremor passive…the CD on Forcewave is short, and with other skills to fill in the downtime it works smoother to keep it with a CD and high damage until you start to transition out of Cadence. At early levels with crud gear Cadence is a solid boss killer, whereas Forcewave feels very whimpy against them with Tremor attached.

Hope that helps! Just started a new one naked to enjoy the gear grinding experience once more!

Temjiu,nice effort!

But personally I will take Assassins’ mark first for RR,despite Kraken is monster(no pun intended) early game.

For Cadence,actually it’s gonna slows you down a lot of the time.Single target damage is very good,but trash clearing will be annoying.Tremor is universal way to level Soldier.Even after the Nerf Aegis should be strong,combine with non transmuted FW and Vire is also a option.

I’m going to bind it to guardians. the proc rate is huge, and after leveling stupid dragons pre-kreig DK (https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74487) the damage is undeniable with an amazing AOE spread.

I went cadence at first to test it out, its not as good without dumping equal amount of points into WPS, Forcewave is still best bang for the buck. assassins blade being a 1 yellow is a HUGE qol and DPS boost (tested, significant damage increase to FW straight off the bat) Then rushing kracken.

Honestly, the best bang for your buck ability would be starting Aegis until you get kracken, but i duked it with forcewave for the sake of the build. Aegis aoe spread, and damage is undeniably high early on, and being able to use it from a safe range lets you kite difficult pulls easy. once you get points into reprisal, the dot is killer allowing for some solid dot kiting (i levelled one 1-50 in crucible, capping at 120, i couldve went higher, but at that point i was wearing level 15-20 gear)

The reason i did hawk/falcon over spider is for the OA, which at low level is a HUGE ST and AOE dps boost to FW straight off the bat. if you decide to use them over getting assassin’s blade, you can bind falcon swoop to FW, which is a nice QOL change. I have falcon swoop still being used on FW on my 63 DK and the aoe spread+bleed is pretty impressive for mowing down packs. eel and hammer are nice at lower levels (ive found) for the defensive abilities, until you get better gear and more points into soldier where the defensives shine ( i didnt understand that at first, but this time around getting them earlier made a huge difference since i dont have a lot of HP leech)

Well, you dont have a lot of HP leech because of your devotions choice.
How about following setup:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrPO912
18% lifesteal looks much better, than mere 7%.
And skeletons from Revenant also add RR (since Warcry doesnt have 100% uptime).
And Judgement with Crushing Verdict provides 245 DA reduction.

Since I saw you’re online,I will try to do some answering.
1.DA reduction-OA is enough to crush weak enemies.Against Nemesis you have DA shred from Rebuke,which doesn’t stack with Blitz or Judgment.

2.AdctH seems low,but don’t forget increased healing adds some bonus as well

3.Revenant seems OK,but I need extra reds and a lot of them.If I want it,I have to go either DG,which I don’t like here or Meteors

1. But still. 245>145 (and Rebuke takes a slot, can miss, has low animation due to relatively low AS and requires to be in melee range). Seeing how hard some bosses from SR and Crucible hit, i dont want to stay at melee range VS them most of the time…

2. 7% from 7% = 0.5%, right? I dont think an extra 0.5% would help… Actually, i use Barrowholm’s consumable VS same bosses, cause even 18% sometimes feels not enough.

3. What’s the problem to get more reds? You put points into Ghoul and Jackal anyways, finish then - and you already have 8 reds.

But I will need than 5 points in Revenant.So 7 extra points and return is dubious.Only tough wave is 169,when Korvaak spawns with all that stackable RR.Even double Reaper is not hard.

Ofc I am willing to test two more versions.One is gonna be with meteor,so Revenant,other will be with Empyrion-more defensively.

Have you test this build in SR?

Yes,but since I already had 75 unlocked it’s hard to tell how consistent is there.Probably next few days will test more defensive oriented version,to be able to ensure high success rate.

Hey bro, do you have the defensive oriented version yet? :smiley:

Yes,but can’t post it currently.It’s with Empyrion constellation and bottom row of Menhir,also it have more life steal.

Ok that must be a sign.

I was reading this Guide and was thinking about going full 2H forcewave Warlord, but i wasnt sure.

40 Minutes later i do the Steps of Torment to get the Outcast Quest done and i get my third Legendary “Stonefist Rebuke”.

I think this Build it is, after i decided to go Warlord earlier today anyways.