[1.1.9.0] The Silver Crossbow - 2H ranged pierce Purifier SR 90/CR+

Thanks. I started the same, with Octavious but I dropped it for a moment because I also wanted to cast Rune of Kalastor just for flavor / diversity and there are not enough points for that.

There’s is one silverish but it’s pretty standard otherwise and I prefer this more “piercing” one:
(the light makes the illusion less silver / more yellowish than in-game)

1 Like

Awesome build. I look forward to making it and trying it later. Looks fun!

1 Like

Low number of skills you need to cast is very encouraging.

1 Like

This is the build I use

1 Like

Thanks, hope you will like it!

I always prefer low amount of skills for auto-attack build or channeling/EoR. But for some players low number of skills is con.

Looks good, but I don’t GD stash so

I do like it a lot! I usually prefer defiler with the pink guns of chaos for my shooter build of choice, but this this is immensely sturdy. Even under heavy load (rendering a video) and lagging game, I still did a CR in 6 mins or so. Feels great. This community only has a few builders of your pedigree. Never stop :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Nery Two words. Digustingly good. I accidentally ran a 76 Shard (trying to re-level my Devotions since my other Purifier was Fire based) and it is so efficient. So easy to track. So few buttons and Icons you need to remember. Well done once again Nery, well done indeed.

1 Like

Thank you very much! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes few buttons to press, I hate to break my attack to cast stuff.

how would you suggest leveling this build? right now I’m lvl ~50ish, mostly doing a generic phys -> fire convert 2h purifier. can you pretty much not switch to pierce until you get the ele -> pierce convert?

1 Like

I think you are right. Going for fire during leveling will net you the best possible ranged Purifier. At around ~50 you can get Udgenbog crossbow with mod to Fire Strike, it will really improve your toon. I personally wouldn’t try pierce.

1 Like

The time saved playing fire up to level 94 where you can equip items and re leveling devotions with experience potion will for sure out weight the time lost on trying to play pierce to 94 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe @dncndn could use Messenger’s Repeater
That would be very good for pierce but it’s in Forgotten Gods and what’s worse pretty far
But maybe you’ve already beaten it or have other chars go for it?

Personally I’d try to play Pierce asap for roleplay / diversity of leveling reasons.

yeah I actually just saw that browsing grimtools. I have a few characters i could farm one on. Or just use GDstash i guess.

seriously considering it though, i’ve done fire/ele 2h purifier to death before

2 Likes

Do it! And these shoulders Chosen Epaulets

1 Like

Im lvl ~77ish now on the character, I’m using valdun’s, the chosen shoulders and a few random pieces of whatever

sorry it looks weird, I’m playing at 2x speed (grim internals) with grimmest at 2x hero/monster density, this is in the ancient grove on elite

2 Likes

@Nery Cool build! I’m looking forward to trying it out :slight_smile:
I’m worried about one thing though: screenshot with stats has 1047 physique but GT link has only 970 (which is too low to equip SR chest (1035). What’s missing?

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the community!

You can craft items with % physique with Angrim at Devil’s Crossing. This way you will have enough to use SR set. Outside of requirements for pierce build you should put points in cunning for OA and damage.

2 Likes

yeah the gloves, boots and belt has blueprint so you can craft those :slight_smile: even if you get something else useful like +%armor etc you can just adjust attribute to get enough physique to wear SR set, rest should just be cunning

Also for future reference, some builds uses items with attribute bonuses. And those stats can vary, meaning GT will only show with average rolls :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Nery Excellent build. I just changed my old DW Ranged purifier to this. Super fast clean speed, very efficient. But I’m curious how you overcap your piercing resistance to 74% which showed in the GT link ? My gears is the same and it only shows 80% with no over maximum. For other resistance I can’t change my armor augments to gain piercing resistance.