A bunch of noob questions

Yes, tooltips get updated with conversions to specific damaging skills. I think it’s like this so that Zantai only has the tooltip get updated with direct skill conversions to avoid tooltips get even bigger than they do now. Meaning if tootips also updated with global conversion they would be a complete mess of several damage types being shown because of at least two conversions converting one of the damage types in the skill to two different damage types.

Lastly, if your character uses two, none-stackable (1 & 3, referring to -x% reduced and -x reduced), debuffs of the same type and the same damage source, both are applied to the enemy, but only the highest is active (shown).

so this is what the wiki says. does that mean for something like mythical mindwarp, only 1 of the rr debuffs will be active? or does it only apply to things like -20% reduced ele res and 20 reduced ele res?

Yes. Both apply because they are completely different things.

Unless

• you have similar RR with higher values elsewhere

• you don’t deal weapon damage
    (or only x% < 100% then you only get x / 100 fraction of the benefit)

1 Like

alright so i can’t create rutnicks blasters with gd stash. i have both expacs. do i need to kill rutnick first to unlock it or something? i don’t even know how to get to arkovian docks either lol.

you need to import new database for GD stash each patch

1 Like

Weirdly familiar with the tool 1x

2 Likes

I even know how GD item assistant works :slight_smile: And Rainbow mod etc too
Like when ppl get these text display errors, that they have not updated their mods etc.

I use gdstash to hoard items, but not for crafting double rares and the like, probably what Ulvar was referring to.

1 Like

mythical grasp of unchained might - the gloves put a 50% pierce damage to physical buff on aura of conviction, yet i see pierce builds use it. why?

Because you are looking on old builds, this conversion was pretty recent like 1.1.8 patch

2 Likes

herp derp thanks lol.

how useful is - hp regen on enemies?

If we talking about PHYSICAL damage (e.g. you build deals physical damage), then they arent so important, unless flat value is kinda big. Why? Because all those small damage bonuses get absorbed by enemy armor separately, reducing real damage by 50-70% (regardless of what DPS sheet shows you).
But if it’s NOT physical damage, then those bonuses are kinda handy, IF you use skills with high enough %Weapon damage.
If you use skill with low or none Weapon Damage on it, then you should use items with flat damage bonuses to that specific skill, usually those have much higher numerical value (i.e. 60-100 instead of 6-18) and therefore are incredibly powerful, especially for channeling skills like Albrecht’s Aether Ray, Eye of Reckoning, Drain Essence and Flames of Ignafar.

It’s useless as far as i know.

so i’m seeing some items with 100% damage type to another but its on a basic attack replacer (is the acronym bar?). take rutnicks blaster for example, its 100% physical and piercing on righteous fervor to aether. does that mean all my physical and pierce flat damage from devotions, items, WPS, and passive buffs are converted to aether when i use righteous fervor?

another question that probably seems painfully obvious to you guys. lets say i throw on a seal of skies which grants chain lightning and it does half lightning and half cold roughly. it also does 70% weapon damage. what does the % weapon damage mean lol? what if my weapon does physical, do i need to convert that to lightning or cold to get better results?

1st:
yes

2nd:
If you use seal of skies, you usually push for cold or lightning dmg. A main part of chain lightning will be wpn dmg, so conversion to those types is recommended.

2 Likes

so i know granted skills via items (10% to cast doom bolt) don’t benefit from mods from items, but can they still be affected by global damage conversion (via a belt)?

Yes. I used Pierce Ring of Steel procs on Cold Infi with global Pierce → Cold conversion while leveling.

1 Like

beautiful. i was thinking of doing a meme ring of steel (pierce) x6 proc build and a doom bolt x5 proc build from items.
btw thanks again for the autocaster, got mine to work again for a low cd reap spirit build and its a huge qol boost.

2 Likes

Can you post a link? I was checking it out in Grim Tools yesterday myself. Unfortunately no RS spam like in Grim League mod :slight_smile:

i made this a while ago so i’m guessing there are some improvements to be made, not just from my inexperience with build making but the recent updates as well.

1 Like