[1.1.9.0] THE Z U C C - Phys Retal DE Oppressor - (ALMOST) EVERYTHING+

yep then add ez mode high block chance/recovery/block damage…

and amulet of mercy with +4% all max and +4% max aether. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQeaXrPX04Y
You are literally invinsible if you pull stuff one by one and swap some items with +max resistance against specific enemy.

This is actually not entirely true. Not all Warlords have high phys res save for silly octavius. Some stop before 30% phys res and sometimes i’d give some armor away for that

Don’t jump to conclusions based on a couple of builds

Sentinels can have 80% phys res;)

That retal warlord should be killing a bit faster :stuck_out_tongue: Jeez it’s not until a week that i can post that shit.

Congrats on trolling Anasteria though :smiley:

^phyz res is prone to debuffs, Armor don`t. A Black Flame warlock can run around with 80% phyz res too and 40% dmg absorbtion, its nowhere near the tankiness level of retal warlord. And the dmg is incomparable. My warlold do naked crucy in ~8 minutes on max dps setup… my warlock can barely finish in 12 minutes with all bufs and a banner and its not even remotely safe.

I think maiden applies armor shred no?

I know what retal warlord can do you know:) Been playing it for a long time and was my main object of feedback during testing

Be careful what you wish for. Phys retal was at one point the worst of them and painful to play. It slowly got better after lots of feedback. Then Z suddenly decided to convert all pirece to phys and that put it into overdrive a bit. Give feedback carefully on it cause it can always go from Zero to Hero and back to Zero

Also some Korvan mage monsters which actually hurts pretty bad

Yeah :eek:
Still, the combination of Concecration+Field command is quite gamebreacking. I dunno if we need two classes with %armor on them, especialy if they both have acsess to shield stuff. I hope Z understand that overguard is not the core of problems. :eek: (I use it at onepointer)
And I hope if %armor is removed from Conscecration, the Consecrations itself is separated from that AA . plz.

Oh, this build. Was waiting to see when everyone else would get to it.

Pics or it didn’t…

Oh.

The mighty have indeed fallen.

Nice retal/shield/caster/spammer or whatever is this build:p.It’s working,solid DPS,deep shards and 6 min Crucible,well done!

Even if it isn’t true how in the world is a dw nightblade with 2.5k armor and no block supposed to survive a hit that damages a character with 9k armor+block? Now that FG has seen high defence+dps builds rise in prevalence the large gap in defences amongst play styles raises the question that spanks asked.

Prior to FG physical damage mechanics were not as problematic because high defence characters usually came at the cost of significantly lower dps (and that made the higher defences necessary for them). Now that cost is disappearing people will start to think the situation is unfair; high retal to attack dps can yield large life steal on top of the already great defences some of these build can stack. The extreme defences that can be stacked are not as necessary anymore and do more harm than good imo.

Zantai’s face when asked how the hell the least obvious Drain Essence build stomps all content in the game on easy mode:

Great build, x1x2. I saw it in action before this thread and honestly it seems like another one of them broken FG builds.

Afaik it was know since testing that it’s OP. Sometimes nerfs dont’ happen all at once which is good. Otherwise a build can become total shit if tweaks are rushed

Well,

The problem of DW melee is something i’ve been salty about during testing as well. In the end some builds will be better in SR than in crucible and vice versa. It is what it is. SR is made to test the limits and different builds have different thresholds.

Don’t get me wrong, Phys reta will be nerfed in the end. The question is how. Phys retal Warlord for example was ok-ish at best right before all Pirece retal in the game turned to phys. Devos and gear. So knowing this it’s pretty easy to tweak nerfs.

It can be:

• Tame the %retal to attack mods
  • Lower Flat phys retal bonuses
  • A combo of both

And end up with a tanky build that does moderate damge and the occasionl spikes, which is what imo retal ought to be in this case

Yeah, but these SR builds are also wrecking crucible. :rolleyes:

That’s besides the point. I was talking about DW melee vs others in general,

Phys retal is a separate case and I explained it’s history and how it can be balanced

The problem is Vanilla. SR75 push tankiness plank so high, that any build capable of farming 75 would feel like godmode in vanilla. At least with Crucible we could pretend that its “optional” and things shouldn`t be balanced around it… Still it negatively affected balance in vanilla.
I fear how things end once SR75 became the target balance point for sets.

So, given its current trajectory, what changes do you foresee in the meta?

Balance will never be geared towards completion of sr 75.

What makes you say this with such certainty?

SR 75 isn’t what is used to balance things. If you go there and beyond you are on your own. SR is misinterpreted for what it is

If something is too strong, then it’s a case by case tweak

Cause if you tell Zantai you can’t do SR 75 or even 65…you won’t get much sympathy