[1.1.9.0] THE Z U C C - Phys Retal DE Oppressor - (ALMOST) EVERYTHING+

Yeah, like no one made calls on how build perform in 150+ before :eek: Oh wait, RoH loosing 80% of dps was a result of overperforming in vanilla /

I bet he know that every build can do SR 75 :eek: Just need to build tanky .:eek:

Not everything in this game was meant to be beaten easily and consistently. The only things that seem to be meant to be beaten consistently are all main game story content (excluding superbosses and arguably even nemeses), the Hidden Path, and SR25 (since you earn extra skill points). Everything else is basically optional, for-fun hard mode, which is why Zantai has no sympathy.

Somewhat off-topic, but another probable reason for Zantai asking praets to hold off on posting builds is because a flood of new builds by the top .0001% of players will create a skewed idea of what a “good” build is supposed to accomplish. GDStashers (lol at that term btw) end up doing it anyway on a much smaller scale, but there’s a fair amount of other builds that are posted that are weaker to dilute the pool. People want their characters to feel strong and powerful while playing, and if the forums are filled with builds that have to clear naked 170 cruci 9 min and SR 75+ minimum, 99.99% of the player base who visit here won’t feel that way unless they copy praet builds, GDstash, or both. That’s not ideal.

xOMOCHIx posted a DE ret oppressor in the “What Oathkeeper class combination is the most powerful so far?” thread a few days ago (http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=724271&postcount=20). Curiosity got the better of me and i ended up testing it. Did crucible 150-170 extra spawns 4x times and still had time left on the blessings

By far the fastest while being the safest crucible farmer i’ve played thus far. Didn’t go into SR with it cause doing 65-75 was too tedious at the time.
His setup was using dying god/TD and beronath, reforged as a weapon

This is how I imagine Crate when they balance retaliation builds

ps Great build, x1x2, amazimg performance.

What do you mean that lowering it’s damage 30% x 3 isn’t actually a 30% nerf :stuck_out_tongue:

The amount of retal to attack the Order amulet had in beta was 40% and it led to some results, like the pics posted here. An example of how strong it was: Korvaak died in like 10 seconds and that’s not counting the animations he has between phases.

The funny thing is that me and a few others were calling the amulet bad because of the total damage penalty, because me at least, assumed the retal to attack was affected by the total damage penalty. Guess it wasn’t in the end.

-DON’T USE X CONVERTED TO PHYSICAL ITEMS, most notably Beronath, Reforged and Gladiator’s Distinction. CONVERSION DOES NOT AFFECT RETAL UNLESS IT’S ON A SKILL MOD OR TRANSMUTER

I seem to be getting different results. Global conversion seems to affect retal now.

Got a good chuckle out this. Thanks for the build ill be sure to try it. :smiley:

I was waiting for this OP build to be posted. Good build. GJ!
Last night I cleared SR88 with a slightly defensive build of Retal DE DK.
I dropped it out with SR89, but it was very exciting and interesting.

If that’s the case then phys retal would be even more OP with beronath. Anywho, last time I put beronath in there, grimtools retal didn’t convert anything. Not sure ingame.

Dying god setup is interesting and fills in much needed OA, and cast speed. I’m not sure about giving up anvil tho I’ll be testing DG on crucible to see if it clears a lot faster.

Grimtools doesn’t show converted damage. Heck, the weapon damage tooltip a lot of the times is completely different than the ingame one. Always test conversions ingame and not in Grimtools.

And yes, retal damage can be converted with global conversion. So you can use Beronath to convert fire retal and Gladiator to convert the vit retal in Azragor armor.

That change would also screw over dervish builds that badly need the extra armor, especially now that now that Barbaros is nerfed.

I chose DK because I mainly aimed at SR. I think that you can get better results with more aggressive (and better Oppressor than DK on crucible).
Anvil is a great constellation for retaliation builds, but instead of losing it I get 720 retaliations that are converted from dead gods to OA, extra resistance, Proc to CD, CS(max200), physics.
As I will be forced to shorten the time to face tank in SR, I think it is good enough as a replacement condition.
I was not dissatisfied with the speed of conquest until at least I immediately killed in the debuff in SR88.

Grimtools does show converted weapon damage. But yeah I’ll test it

ADDED CRUCI VIDEO AT OP!

I tried to tool up DK but my OA was too low without dying god (around 2.5k after ascension) which is just a no for me. But dying god makes more sense now that you have dk.

currently leveling an oppressor after someone mentioned a retaliation caster build and i love the concept.
is there any way to simulate the build idea while leveling, maybe by going for decay damage and devotions? currently i am using pets and ofc it’s strong, but i’d like to get used to the playstyle.

Not really. The build enabler is a level 94 item so retaliation caster can’t be done until then. Before that maybe you can just go normal drain essence with vit and/or aether.

Playstyle isn’t something you “need to get used to” tho. It’s just hold one button and suck dem lives out.

i am just bored to tears with pets and can’t wait to wade into the enemies^^

so just go pure vit caster on necro and take OK guardians for rr? i assume this build would need to use bone harvest and RE for aoe, or is DE good enough for aoe when going for Vit?

edit: the 6% retal damage addition from the shield are not enough to get through leveling i assume?

This is similar to what Valinov showed me in playtest. It’s one of my top 10 builds I enjoy.

-DON’T USE X CONVERTED TO PHYSICAL ITEMS, most notably Beronath, Reforged and Gladiator’s Distinction. CONVERSION DOES NOT AFFECT RETAL UNLESS IT’S ON A SKILL MOD OR TRANSMUTER

So it doesn’t affect the skill when conversion is global?

I’m confused, as I was recently informed in this thread that passive retaliation is definitely affected by global conversion…

It is affected by global conversion. Grimtools just seems that it hasn’t been updated to this yet.