[1.1.9.0] THE Z U C C - Phys Retal DE Oppressor - (ALMOST) EVERYTHING+

Yeah i use darkblaze amulet on my sentinel of the three chaos meme retal witchblade to turn all of the acid retal to chaos

According to Norzan and Valinov, it is apparently converted. Will change the OP to not spread misinformation.

Just watched Crucible video. What a broken build, Jesus. And I am guessing it’s not fully optimized version of Retaliation DE? Damn.

Build used in cruci video was the realms build. Can still be built with more dps for sure.

And you know I don’t minmax builds :stuck_out_tongue: if it works well and feels good that’s it.

Guess no one saw my post about 4x runs with extra spawns with xOMOCHIx beronath, dying god version. shrug

Xmochi also posted and put up the build tho it was dk. I just spoke straight to him, bypassing you :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah but he was posting his DK and about deep shard runs. My post was about his Oppressor version and crucible performance. Whatever though it’s fine :slight_smile:

I love this build, I put together my own version of it earlier when I found this amulet/shield combo - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aK3REZ

I went for the double shield route which looks like it will have pretty devastating amounts of physical retaliation added to DE, although I have no idea if it’s actually any good lol, just looked like fun xD

I love how brutally Spellbinders were nerfed back in the day yet those new builds (retaliation Warlord/Opressor, Octavius Warlord) are in a completely different league of brokeness and they somehow made to the release.

AoM release version was 1.0.2.0, the first binder nerfs (IIRC) went live on 1.0.6.0, where clairvoyant was nerfed. Binders were even buffed when the DA meta was introduced. They were just not as strong as this but it still took long before binder was buffed.

How could they know what every build in the game can do.

SR has undergone lots of tweaks a long the way. It can always get harder

As for retal, again. After so much tedious feedback it was just decided to give phsy retal a clean slate and everything pierce was converted to phys. They know they can’t balance everything to perfection, let alone a new mechanic like this one. So they released it to get a better ssample from the forum

And about every build “can” do 75. I’ve seen some builds kiting however or taking an ungodly amount of time to do it. So yes they can do it but they are reeeally bad at it to the point it’s not worth it. And I disagree with tanky personally. It’s no longer my approach. I tank up where tankyness is naturally aquired and keep as much dps as possible where it’s the type of build to thrive on it.

5 minute crucible and die with one misclick

vs.

6 minute crucible and never die

Yup. No doubt which is more broken. Not that I mind but FG brought most broken builds ever in GD.

And that’s a comparison across patches. Now, soldier/ok S&B is actually faster than Agrivix who dies a lot more than before. So, Crate, any plans to nerf Aeon yet?

Well both Spellbinders and Nex and Ortus nerfs were being implemented during the beta testing phase of Forgotten Gods. At the same time we have three broken builds that made it to release somehow, and they are more broken then Spellbinders or Nex and Ortus builds ever been (I am talking about Octavius Warlord, Retaliation Warlord and DE Opressor/Death Knight). And I am guessing Virtue’s Palladin is oupie af too.

Just salty how merciless and self-assured Crate was about all those nerfs yet they had absolutely broken builds on their hands all that time.

Keep in mind that Crucible is much tougher nowadays then it was during Spellbinders/Nex and Ortus reign. And that those builds can kill Celestials and go very deep in SR untweaked.

So yes, another Star Pact/Shadow Strike nerf is due?

Aye, i noticed. My pre-FG crucible farmers are having a harder time in crucible nowadays. Both in terms of almost dying and timewise. Haven’t really tweaked any of them for FG though, most of them are still running runebound topazes and old augments and such.

Damn, I thought it was just me feeling that the DG nerfs alone increased cleartime by 1 min.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2ddLD52

Used Beronath sword and while it didn’t make a significant difference in realms, it is indeed faster on cruci mainly due to better crits (My only recorder run with beronath had 5:52, 6:16 is my fastest with that random sword). Didn’t try the Dying God version xOMOCHIx had tho cause I’m too lazy to switch devos.

Added this to the OP

Can i take it as confirmed, that global conversions affects retal now? :slight_smile: (Wanna try beronath + dawnguard shenannigans, coz i don’t have the opop superboss helmet, and i play legit :D.)

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvOjmjZ

Current theorycraft; i know you prefer Reckoning, but i want to at least try Absolution.

It is confirmed. Haven’t uploaded the run but withbjust changing beronath in my original setup I’ve already cut almost a minute in my cruci runs. My fastest is 5:29 buffed/bannered.

Which is completely normal by the way!

Great news. Thx a lot and good job! Let’s hope we can enjoy the build for a little while before it will inevitably get zentaied. :smiley: