[1.1.9.0] Vindictive Fame - Ember's Calling Aura Purifier (SR80)

Lmao yeah, as I said, it was informal and for a friend. For a public guide, I would just hyperlink the items

1 Like

I am playing a pet build now SSF 100%. IF I decide to write some “journal” about it, I am pretty much tempted in writing “Just get beastcaller set, end of guide” :sweat_smile:

Getting Banana_Peel’s guide to GrimDawn vibes from that. I think it was BP anyways. Just a gif where they select necro, then select arcanist. The End.

EDIT: found it

2 Likes

It is very accurate :smiley:

1 Like

Actually reminds me of some of the meme video guides I did for Dark Souls 3. One was about fighting spellcasters, and I just walked left and right as spells missed me. Good times :smiley:

Would you recommend this build over the saboteur for HC? the seal and extra phys res makes it more tanky it seems

Why does purifier have extra phys res?

good question, i just opened both grimtools and saw the difference between phys res and somehow i thought inquisitor grabbed the exclusive that gives phys res, but its a mod on the shield thats giving that amount of phys res lol, my bad. But even considering that, seal makes it more tanky i believe?

Depends on what content you wanna do. Inq seal is very good until it is very bad, i.e. even 22/12 rank seal is not enough to negate damage to managable levels.

what do you mean by new SR sets?

2 Likes

EDIT: @RxJunkie beat me

2 Likes

oh, thanks a lot! They are random drops though, right? are they tied to some particular achievements, like the SR set?

It is written in the threads that is linked to how you can get them. But they are random drops on the SR chests. The higher the shard, the higher the chance to get them. Ultimate only. I completed all sets in 2 days after the patch release so not very hard to get.

1 Like

How did would you level it? Is there any way to level as an auramancer from the start? or it’s possible only with the new set?

You need some other damage before you get to steelclap and can buy weapon and shield from hyram. I dont think Aura of censure and vindictive flame is enough until that point. Sure you get farm Gollus rings for vindictive flame skill ranks in homestead. Maybe also get phoenix devotion asap. Maybe also do FG content first and get scarab shield Scarab Carapace for damage etc to Aura of censure as a temporary “solution”.

Maybe you can have something like this around level 50ish once you get to crown hill and have saved hyram https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDBW5W2 I guess next step would be to run Ancient grove to get demo amulet for bat conversion Vilgazor’s Heart

Maybe I will try these ideas myself when I am done with my current SSF build :slight_smile:

@RektbyProtoss leveled an aura build SSF in HC, I think he has the playlist on his youtube. But that was a paladin so he basically went with heart of wrath instead of vindictive flame.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the info!!! I will try your advice.

As much as I’d want to, i hate watching video guides. If it would.be a short illustration for a written guide, that would be fine. But long videos - just no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56BgnD1EC_s not super long, and it has time stamps and GT links for several levels in the description so you can like watch 5 min here and there.

Does vindictive flame only trigger from melee attacks? Or will things like floor AOEs or Aleks’ rock still trigger this?

There is a confirm that Ranged attacks specifically Projectile attacks do trigger Vindictive Flame but i dont know if AoE trigger it or not