[1.1.9.1] Budget 2-handed ranged "The Desolator" Fire Strike Fire Purifier

Thanks for the build, we definitely need one around the Desolator gun.

You could just change relic and the character would be truly SSF all other things are easy target farmable I believe (high level component blueprint only require for example 1h of farming totems after leveling my character to 100 - they have higher chance / priority or something like that over other blueprints).

Devo proc with WPS - I made some tests once and I think Storm Spread (with 4 projectiles) was the best, followed closely by Chilling Round. Bursting Round I rated the worst because it’s just 1 hit / proc chance on a boss with no minions.

Maybe 1p for Deadly Aim could be found somewhere?

Devotions I’d personally go for Ghoul / Elemental Storm, maybe Chariot and drop Revenant, Solemn Watcher (compensate on gear / Physique). But yours works well too of course. Also what’s the deal with not finishing Meteor? ; )

1 Like

If you play long enough, you will have the blueprint and it is self-found. :wink:

But to be honest, all other relics were somehow not that interesting - visible also in the fact that I used the first early one until the change. And not using Korvaak’s Deception would have required some gear farming to fill the holes - something which was not very high on my “want to do” list (e.g. the character still uses a level 84 armor).

The most likely “cheap” alternative would likely be Conflagration (but than, why not sinply use the skill for levelling) or Annihilation (well, also already level 70). One possible “lower (well, also 70)” level inquistor relic could be Bane.

I think the assumption here is that all Storm Spread projectiles hit, or? And I assume that with Bursting Round also the AoE hits might trigger the devotion proc. Therefore the used binding - as the character is mainly intented as campaign map farmer with lots of enemies - where one Bursting Round hits multiple enemies. If this assumption is wrong, a different binding would obviously make more sense. For a single boss killer I would also have used a different binding.

Thought about it more than once - as more or less the last 2-3 skill points are free - but than 2/12 Deadly Aim did not looked that promising (the same applies to Arcane Empowerment). So I decide to go for the marginal higher proc change for Bursting Round.

Looks better that way. :innocent:

As I finished the devotions - I had no free skill to bind Meteor. And afterward, I simply stuck with this decision. And I think that it will be not that helpful as perhaps expected (well, can be wrong here).

Killing the typical trash mobs happens rather fast (beside some human high resistance enemies) - so that the proc would come to late for this kind of enemies - as you have already moved on. The additional damage would likely be nice in boss room encounters, but there the build has other issues (you cannot really move that much as Adcth is the main sustain - but certain enemies cannot be facetanked as their projectiles kill you with one hit).

But I think your question and @fishy image comment make it rather clear that Meteor might be a good alternative for the last three rather free devotion points. :wink:

1 Like

ahahah, I am just dying seeing that picture… could post it on meme tab and get millions of likes.

1 Like

Take torch but not take the skill from tourch ???
Man this is how you play GD in 2021. LMAO

hey guys,

a bit offtopic, but what fire strike build is the best nowadays to farm at least all ultimate dungeons consistently?

What about between two handed and dual-wield? What are the main differences?

Thanks

Desolator Purifier: Tanky from Justicar set, strong leech but build is little bit slow because there are not many aoe to clear big mobs.
Two DW melee Variant: Same as the above.
I remember there is a Nex and Ortus cold fire strike somewhere but cant find it any, pretty viable for cruci and SR75-76 farming

Cool that you posted this build! I tried leveling it but wasn’t fun honestly. Ranged builds (auto-attackers) feel inferior compared to casters. But Desolator is faction bought recipe weapon, so can be used in budget setups.

3 Likes

Will you finish this build?

u use so much green, why not also use Ugdenbog Arcaneweaver, 100% Chance to pass through Enemies to Fire Strike can improve a lot.

• Desolator has pass-through as well.

• It’s a beginner build so it’s natural that it has many greens.

1 Like

sure, u are right.

The budget build is finished, some potential endgame builds are linked or can be found in the corresponding section of the compendium [edit: the idea behind a budget build to present a path to level 100, from this point on (or even a bit ealier - depends on the gear available) you should start to develop your build to the intended target build]

well, the Ugdenbog Arcaneweaver is used as early as possible for levelling just because it has pass-through - also to get the player used to this kind of gameplay before moving to the final (standardized) rifle

Hello, big noob here. I’m following this build in veteran, I’m at a point where I need to choose between Kymon’s chosen and order of death’s vigil. Any tips?

The final build uses an augment from Kymon’s Chosen, so that is the choice you should make.

2 Likes

thanks, I did see Cult of solael there but somehow I thought that Kymon’s chosen and that were different things

These are different things: Kymon's Chosen - Faction - Grim Dawn Item Database
  Cult of Solael - Faction - Grim Dawn Item Database

1 Like

And I thought this had clarified it :wink: - happy levelling (the augment itself is nice but not that important)

sorry for the (maybe stupid) question how do you remove devotion points (as mentioned in point 3 of this build)?

with the spirit you can’t take off the crossroad