[1.1.9.1] Double Pistol Acid Deceiver - SR 65-66, Lokarr, Mad Queen

With the recent buffs to the Ugdenbog Venomlauchers and Gulgazor’s Heart, I decided to have a shot (hue hue!) at ranged acid Inquisitor. I decided to go Deceiver to try and exploit the Venomlaunchers as much as possible.

acid%20deceiver%20stats
With all buffs active

The build: GRIMTOOLS

Build performance
Morgoneth, Mad Queen, Lokarr and Kra’Vall ; SR 66 Boss Room

Gear explanation
First of all, I’m using Gulgazor’s Heart since this is a build defining item; I got a lucky roll with +3 to Horn of Gandarr. Double Venomlaunchers add almost full conversion to cold and lightning to acid as well as a strong modifier to deadly aim and decent regeneration. Double Widow’s Sting achieves 100% pierce to acid conversion. Since we’re going Occultist and using a Seal of the Void, chest and shoulder add up to 60% chaos to acid conversion. Belt is a no brainer. Grava Thul’s pants are essential for +3 to Vulnerability since Inquisitor doesn’t have acid rr. Ilgor’s medal improves the effectiveness of Chilling Rounds.

Devotion
Not much to say here apart from the fact that I went full abomination for the (partly converted) flat chaos damage and health regen, the build can reach 3.5k hp regen per second with all buffs active.

Why not Possession?
Requires heavy investment in Occultist tree, unable to reach 100% chaos to acid conversion, lacks OA; we’re banking on (improved) Deadly Aim for damage bursts.

Why not Morguul’s Mortality for more rr?
While the +1 Occultist skills and proc would be very good here, the conversion on that gun don’t make sense and screws up Chilling Rounds’ damage. It also lacks OA. Dummy kills were about 2 seconds faster with double venomlauncher so that was enough to convince me.

Conclusion
Performed better than I expected although DA is a bit low for my taste and limits the build capability to push SR. Damage potential is definitely there:
acid%20deceiver%20damage

5 Likes

Nice, I have a GT doodle of acid paladin gunner with similar gear. Was hesitating to bother building in game but if this is working with bero shard than sounds like I need to get on it!

2 Likes

I would expect similar results with Paladin although it may be a little point starved since you need to go all the way in the skill tree for Celestial Presence. Dropping Aura of Conviction for Path of the Tree is an option although the fire conversion there is obsolete because of the amulet and the loss of physical resistance will be hard to overcome.

Not sure how it come to this but I have 1000% more Acid damage on some GrimTools I once made :thinking:
Of course it’s untested and survival is unknown but you definitely can get a lot more damage.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jRAYx2
Many defensive parameters far worse but 450 more effective DA as a consolation.

Ohhh Deathstalker how did I not think of this?!
I thought about Venomancer but I really did not want to use Bloody Pox lol and the bonus HP from Ravager helm seemed too good to skip. Not going Abominable Might seems like a wasted opportunity since you have almost full chaos to acid conversion :thinking:

Idk about Yugol, it seems the damage reduction from :corn: of Gandarr is so much better and the lifesteal isn’t needed in my “regen setup”.

Defnitely worth tinkering though, thanks for sharing your GT.

Edit: also double Venomclaw affixes, those haven’t dropped yet :sweat:

Yeah, I don’t even know if it plays comfortably.

True, I didn’t think of that. It should probably be corrected.

I have Possession absorption to compensate but maybe the best option is Gandarr + Possesion…

This was created with Crucible mindset (get as much %Damage as possible)
which is definitely not necessary, especially if you play SR but I think
maybe you could try to get, I don’t know, 2500%, because 2000% is kinda lowish
although probably enough.

I’m surprised I didn’t use double rares like I normally do :laughing:

1 Like