[1.1.9.1] World Police and Friendly Fire - 5 Guardians of Empyrion Paladin [4.20 Crucible] [SR75] [All Celestials]

True true. There’s just no other way to make it as good

Actually I wasn’t planning to use Pandemic anyway, I was going for Ascendant Authority for the AS on Guardians. Not sure whether that winds up better than the conversion or not, I’ve only given the build a quick ponder in GT (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRdkWr2), nothing finalised. You can then get a bit of conversion from Infector’s Shade body and some extra from Pestilence of Dreeg if needed for over 50 % conversion. Still far off the mark but from what I see you don’t get total conversion either and it seems to work. Granted, everyone and their dog seems to resist Vit in this game so who knows.

i already have the dot part in burn, which is more important than converting the 25% of flat physical on guardians hit.

thats true

Wait, nvm, scratch the whole thing about conversion. The acid on GoE will stick cause it’s already converted once through the transmuter. It would have to be a split acid/vit build I guess. Going full Fire the way you do seems to be the only way to consolidate GoE damage.

No GoE is a special skill that is able to do double conversion through the transmuter. Same as Storm Totem with the transmuter. Don’t give up your pure vit GoE dreams.

It was patched, you can no longer have Acid Totems by converting Vitality Totems to Acid:

Wasn’t that just for aether conduit? Or did it come as a side effect for the aether conduit nerf? Patch notes only say conduit

Why would these skills work differently though? Seems like that was an unintended effect and the patch does imply it was fixed (for all, not just conduit, even mentions the Transmuter specifically). Would be surprised if GoE still worked like that if it wasn’t supposed to.

Anyway this is probably not the place to have that conversation. Feels like I’ve unintentionally derailed this thread enough as is.

No they don’t

The patch doesn’t mention GoE and Acid Guardians are strong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4qpFsoprXg
Could be strong nonetheless but look at the beginning of the video:

• the first damage instance is from a Guardian hitting a monster

• yet damage breakdown only shows Acid damage which means Guardians are fully converted

The first instance of damage should be a tick from the Celestial Presence aura, which is pure Acid. If full conversion was happening then there should be no Vitality on the screen since between 2x Ring of Shuroth and Pack of Deadly Means the build should have 100 % Vit to Acid conversion. Yet vitality damage is being done, however little. Hard to say exactly what is coming from where. I just don’t see a logical reason why GoE should be convertable twice when most things aren’t.

I forgot about Celestial Presence :thinking: I guess I’ll test it quickly or maybe Grey will tell us
I even have my own Acid Guardian build to test.

Hey I have played 5 Guardians Paladin and performance wasn’t as good as yours :sweat_smile:

Good job figuring this build and pilot it! And glad to see Paladin being pull up in the class ranking.

1 Like

Because there is no conversion in the first place. Transmuter replaces one version of guardians with another. If conversion did happen that a) we wouldn’t see the change in guardian’s color b) there wouldn’t be change in -rr from fire/phys to acid/vit hence you can’t convert such parameters

Here how it looks like:
bladearc1 - skill of fire/phys guardian
bladearc1b - skill of acid/vit guardian

2 Likes

I see. So even though it’s indicated as conversion on the transmuter, it’s not programmed as such in practice. Good to know…until they inevitably notice and give it the Storm Totem treatment XD

I wasn’t here when it happened but I think the Corrupted Totems got this treatment because it was too easy to get these full Acid Totems and Acid builds (Dark One?) were to powerful with them? With Guardians the situation is a bit different because they deal 2 damage types from the start.

Btw I tested it and it’s only Acid although I had to get over 100% global Acid to Vit because with precisely 100% I have there was still a tiny amount of Vit damage (i.e. ~30) due to rounding probably.

Storm Totem got that change because the shaman conduit amulet has a total damage mod to that skill, and the change was made to avoid lightning totems abusing it.

1 Like

I was totally blind.

This. Aether to lightning rings + belt are staples for totem builds so that conduit was basically just a pure damage mod to lightning totem builds before the change. I guess the reason why transmuter was also changed is because it worked the same way as the conduit and they can’t change one without changing the other.

GoE doesn’t have such mods on items at present so I assume it’ll be fine for now.

2 Likes

This looks entertaining af

Clever thinking with assigning Fissure to the guardians!! In previous builds I’d assigned it to Mortar traps to spam the fissure fragments, but I didn’t consider that each mortar trap would then provide it’s own burn damage from the fissures…

Nice build as always. @grey-maybe have you tried it on shieldbreaker with full Justice or 3p Infernal Knight and BwC maybe? Probably unplayable glassy…