[1.1.9.2][Guide] Trozan's Ice Shards - A cold Warlock Beginner Guide

Loving this build!

My favourite by far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How to get skill modifier like your snapshot?
Sorry for the weird question :sweat_smile:

Skill modifiers come from gear. In that case, it’s solely from the weapon and off-hand

1 Like

First time playing Grim Dawn and having a great time with your TSS build!

I have a question though. I recently crafted the relic Haunt, but can’t seem to bind Blizzard with it’s skill.

Am I doing something wrong? Or are Blizzard and Haunt no longer able to be bound?
(I’d like to use Haunt instead of Bloody Pox as my Blizzard proc because of the longer range.)

Anyway thanks for the detailed guide. It was very easy to follow as a newbie.

Apparently such debuffs (same case for curse of frailty) can’t be bound to on-crit devotions (anymore?) even though they can crit. Pox has a different mechanic so I guess this one gets a pass. I’m pretty sure I saw a thread about that at one point but I can’t find it

But ayway, thanks fam, my pleasure

Thanks for the beginner guide! Is this still viable in 1.2?

Also I’m having a hard time choosing the second class for TSS. Can you give me some direction on which I should choose?

Thanks a lot!

As 2nd class either Shaman or Occultist would be an option if you decide to later use this set:

Another would be to go Inquisitor with this:
(I highly advice AGAINST it tho, TSS side of the set needs help imo!)

There’s also this, which iirc is also mainly paired with Inquisitor:

And lastly:
(Usually not used as a full set in endgame builds tho outside of niche cases)

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Very much viable and improveable with the patch that just came out (OFF is now an incredible tool for the entire playthrough, Evade allows a more aggressive playstyle and thus build, more Nullification investment for comfort…)
For second mastery choice, that guide focuses on levelling the classic Trozan build, in the optic of using the eponymous set. Shaman would be the easiest and most obvious choice, occultist isn’t much different until you get the full legendary set. In the end, shaman will end up with a more kitey playstyle, while warlock will focus on keeping the enemies in sigils. And Mergos gave you broader options, you can find builds on the forum to see how they play.

1 Like

Thanks guys! I’m gonna go with Warlock!!

Just returning to the game and am going to follow this guide as it seems like a fun choice with the added mobility. Will post updates at some point but thanks for what seems like a nice guide to get me back into the game again!

Thanks mate, please do post updates.
I’m releveling this build myself to update the guide, you may see some changes appear at some point