[1.1.9.3] The ATV - Aetherfire Templar Vanquisher

There’s three different types of resistance reduction: X% reduced, X reduced, and -X% resistance. Generally speaking, anything in the game with “reduced” is a flat bonus and does not stack, while -X% does. So Eldritch Fire would (-23% Fire) stack with M. Combustion Band (-8% Fire) and M. Warpfire (-15% Fire), but Elemental Storm (32 reduced) wouldn’t stack with the Vanquisher set bonus (22 reduced). All three types also stack with each other, so the usual advice is to get a source of X reduced (what people generally call “flat RR”) and as many sources of -X% reduced as your build can afford. X% reduced is harder to come by for non-Elemental builds, and is not as impactful as the other two, so it’s often skipped.

For the conversions, the values are scaled up and then normalized to 100%. So 100% Physical to Fire and 100% Physical to Lightning adds up to 200% total, which scaled down becomes 50% Physical to Fire and 50% Physical to Lightning. This does mean that you lose a bit of the hit damage on Vire’s Might, but since Volcanic Stride deals most of the damage and you have a lower cooldown because of the helmet, it’s a net gain in DPS overall.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, that clears up the whole resist thing for me, and the conversion makes sense.

I am aligned with The Chosen, and I can’t change at this point can I? I believe I have a character aligned with Death’s Vigil and would have to go farm the crown on them I suppose. First time running into this… haha

If you didn’t pick a side on another difficulty, you can do the quest to side with them there. Otherwise, it’s like you said, you’ll have to farm for the helmet on another character.

1 Like

Well I just farmed a few of them on another character… someone with only one charge from a medal augment. Holy shit I feel like a snail playing the game now.

Wow, Vire’s Might only went from .8 sec CD to .5… but it feels like the CD isnt even there anymore when charging back and forth real quick.

Any advice on respeccing to use Rhowans Crown? Looks like it takes a bit more moving around than I had thought.

Edit: I was thinking it looks like I’d drop a point off of Obelisk, to put 3 into hammer, then get Rhowans.

Edit2: Oh, just realized I don’t exactly have to complete the full Rhowans either. Hmm

You can check the Leveling section to see my pre-Vanquisher devotion setup. For Rhowan’s Crown, Imp + Quill and the one purple from Rhowan’s Crown should be enough. The rest of the tree is mostly the same, except for Light of Empyrion and swapping full Behemoth for partial Behemoth + Red Crossroads. Keep in mind that the leveling snapshots were created before the change to Obelisk, so if you are following that route you will also want to take the right two nodes instead of the bottom left and right nodes.

Also, since you won’t have Light of Empyrion anymore, you could try using an Attuned Lodestone in your medal/amulet for a small, but passive source of damage reduction.

Oh, thanks. I suppose I missed that. I’ll just go back and read through it more thoroughly. Thanks for the help!

I ended up doing this before seeing your response, but I suppose dropping Lion is even more defenses lost, heh.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0m6bXZ

Edit: I’m looking at your guide closer now, and I didn’t realize there were so many clickable links. That is super cool. Super impressive guide man… gonna look through it better now. I appreciate all the responses

Oh, yeah just read about dropping Vire’s Might down until Vanquisher set… that would give me a lot of skill points that I need right now. I also just realized that when I import my build on GT, it says I have 7 points available, which I guess I am missing. This was my first character I made, so looks like I need to go get all of those…

Sweet, got my Vanq shoulders. Some more Aether conversion will feel good. I guess the devotion numbers don’t reflect it but doesn’t matter I guess.

Hi I have two questions

1. Why do you put 12th points on presence of virtue? What is the use for this skill, only because of OA?
  2. Why do you choose Serenity instead of Iskandra’s Balance? I see Iskandra gain a massive damage buff when the skill active

you need a relic with at least +1 Oathkeeper skill to get the final 26/22/22 skill line of Vire’s. And as i remember Oath Fire relic is pretty bad (except for retaliation). Serenity has super good resistance and 1 more circuit breaker. PoV has both OA and energy regen, and this build works super good with OA since it has hugh +crit dam.

2 Likes

Any reason to max out Arcanist’s mastery? I mean, 10 points could be spent on something like Overload and/or Elemental Balance for a (tiny?) bit of power.
Overall, a very solid build and guide, many thanks.

Not the OP, but I’m guessing it’s because with Inner focus at 12/12, those 10 points add up to a LOT of spirit, which might be enough to get you more damage than points into either overload or elemental balance (and it also gives you Physique and Cunning for more Health, OA and DA while at it.)

Nice build.
and lots of good info from all the posts in here.

If you dont have all the items for the build. How to choose?
i mean its volcanic stride’s dps we focus on, how to figure if item a or item b give the most dps?

Created an account to thank you for this comment. Every game since 1992 has just been chasing the dragon, trying to recapture that feeling. Guess I’m making this build now!

Excelent Guidee , Factions ?

It’s posted in the build guide. You want to side with Order of Death’s Vigil in order to farm the Skybreaker Circlet while leveling, and with Barrowholm for access to endgame augments.

1 Like

hi @MysteryMeat, i have been a fan of your bulid from the get go, i added some minor changes, here is the bulid, should i change the pants/medal? the conversion on the medal seems really good, it adds damage straight to virs might, thats what was i thinking by farming the medal

its really good now, i finish SR75 naked at ease, i still dont have the warpfire or the ring sadly, overall really good

The setup is pretty good as it is. Your medal has decent stats and provides +3 Tectonic Shift so you don’t need to use Kuba pants. The only issue would be that when you switch over to M. Warpfire, you’ll drop down to 21/12 Volcanic Stride due to losing +1 Oathkeeper on your weapon. To make up for it, you can M. Hellforged Legplates, which also have a lot of Physical resistance and DA as well.

I would also suggest farming for a Physical resistance prefix like Destroyer’s on the Zarthuzellan’s Archive. Even though they’ve been nerfed a bit, they’re still the best prefixes to have, and it shouldn’t be too difficult to get something like Destroyer’s of Scorching since the item has a bias towards Fire affixes.

thank you for your replay, i got the warpfire and added some changes, would love to hear your opinion, you might not like the fabric of reality points, but it added damage due to the conversion on the belt, and i felt i dont need the ascenion point anymore because of the extra da and health i have now (soals bloodbinding+ravager eye) unlike ascenion its passive damage, sometimes im too lazy to click an abilty when farming

im trying to get a triple rare of Zarthuzellan’s Archive, still tho

Fabric of Reality doesn’t really offer much besides the racial damage, which is why I only choose to take a value point in it. The flat damage is pretty low and only affects the initial hit of Vire’s Might, whereas most of your damage is coming from Volcanic Stride/Aetherfire.

You won’t be able to get 22/12 Tectonic Shift with that belt, so it’s better if you put it down to 18/12 instead since levels 19-21 don’t offer any extra CDR.

Instead, you can put those points into 10/10 Haven for an extra +21% health and +12% healing received (which affects all non-regeneration healing including lifesteal, Dryad, Tree of Life, etc.). 12/12 Crushing Verdict is another option that gives you an effective 200 OA, but your OA is already very good so it’s not really necessary.

Also, you don’t need to farm for a triple rare Zarthuzellan’s Archive. I still use a Destroyer’s of Scorching which is just as good, if not better than most triple rare combinations out there. The main thing to look out for is Physical resistance on the prefix and Fire damage on the suffix. As long as you have that, you’ll be set.

1 Like