[1.1.9.4] Budget Physical Melee Dual-Wield Righteous Fervor Oppressor

That sounds good! Got any suggestions? The GrimTools database is doing my head in, lol!

I do not claim any expertise regarding end game builds, therefore I cannot really help you. The old dual wield build still seems somehow possible (converting all the elemental and vitality and most aether damage Necromancer provides to physical damage), a more direct improvement of the budget concept (without Soul Harvest) could e.g. look like: Oppressor, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

That does look good (as far as I can tell, Iā€™m awful at the theorycrafting parts of the game, hence why Iā€™m always scouting for good guides). After studying the Necromancer and Oathkeeper tree for a bit, there does not seem to be much overlap in types of Elemental damage. The only thing I can think of my small brain is take Dreegā€™s Reproach for the vitality and acid conversion, and turn into a dual wield vitality build (perhaps with some more Necromancer passives instead of Oathkeeper ones) .

Thoughts? ^^

A dw melee vitality damage build is already made - >1.1.9.0< Mannoroth - DW Melee Vitality Oppressor SR 85/Ravager of Flesh/Mogdrogen - if you want to use Dreegā€™s Reproach will depend on the gear - if you need more physical damage converted to vitality - it might be counterproductive

1 Like

Do you think my character needs the faction gear before moving to Ultimate?I wanna say I got pretty lucky with some drops and getting the faction gear would require me to fix resistances

If you donā€™t want/need, you donā€™t have to do it - the faction gear setup mostly works as a guranteed baseline - but it is nothing you have to use if you have found better gear. In this case, the real faction gear move also only happened at level 94. And your build looks good for the current level.

1 Like

Hey The_Coyote loving the guide so far. I was just wondering if thereā€™s any reason to not upgrade to Severed Claws over Chipped Claws when they become available? Should we be using the double Slams every cooldown WHILE holding righteous fervor down? (slam weaving I guess??)

1 Like

You are likely right - I just missed that upgrade path.

I used the skills especially in boss fights (and then on cooldown - and I canā€™t remember to stop pressing the left mouse button for RF) - or if I had the right mood for it, it is nice extra damage, but nothing build defining.

Another question couldnā€™t you bind Assassins Mark to the Guardians of Empyrion or do they not crit enough?

you try it - if the OA bonus is high enough, they should crit (I used them Oleron - Blind Fury which is on crit in other builds)

Some endgame build idea for this: Oppressor, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6). Not tested yet.
Always wanted to do some full Myrmidon build but I somehow ended up with Warborn.

1 Like

If I would try a Myrmidon S&B build, I would like end by something like this - Oppressor, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

1 Like

Thanks for linking, looks great. Iā€™m not doing it myself then. Funny how similar these 2 builds are.
Could get to 190% attack speed if needed by making some very subtle changes to comps, augs and devo.

1 Like

I said ā€œifā€, so feel free to optimize the build. :slight_smile:

I currently level a dw ranged Warlord (and than have an idea for a S&B shieldbreaker which I likely test afterwards) - and have some fun with the missing build workshop

1 Like

You did it so fast I thought you had it prepared before :thinking:

Beginner Compendium would benefit from such a build for sure. Warlords are popular.

Interesting.

1 Like

This one was only made for the reply :slight_smile:

So far, rather strong (but visual a bit boring - ranged Cadence needs more visual ā€œboomā€, smite looks imho better than Cadence). Had however a longer break to wait for the 1.1.9.6 changes - but only ended with minor adjustments (Zolhan vs Markovian WPS)

currently status is Warlord, Level 73 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
should go into this direction Warlord, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

that is the target build - Shieldbreaker, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (not looking forward farming two good Gargabolā€™s)

youā€™re gimping your damage by not maxing out retribution. the trauma part is a dot applied to your attacks.

A build has only a limited number of points to invest - one pointing retribution does not yield that much, and was skipped therefore here. The focus here was on other aspects (e.g. maxing Rebuke) - and internal trauma damage is always a double sided sword - without high reflected damage reduction, it is rather easy to bring oneself in a rather uncomfortable situation (and a high value can typically only reached rather late)

1 Like

Well my reasoning is that Internal Trauma doesnā€™t scale with attack speed and the number of all our different procs.
Well only what % of this DoT is Crit over time scales somewhat.

However I have many very tiny sources of damage maxed out, for example Rebuke, Safeguard, all RR maxed out, Presence of Virtue, 50 level Necromancer mastery and perhaps they are less beneficial than Retribution.

Iā€™d have to do the Math. Actually it would be pain in the ass to calculate, would probably be better to do dummy tests but the question is whether it would be even easy to detect the difference.

From 1p Retribution to putting as many points to it as possible thereā€™s a 124 IT tick/s gain in the build Iā€™ve linked (not multiplied by weapon damage / RF / WPS procs). Iā€™m not sure what to pull it from atm. A lot of points like Necro mastery / Clarity of Purpose / Presence of Virtue I have to Crit and hit super bosses better Oppressor, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
And have some chance at proccing Seal of Annihilation. I even pulled from Haven like a try-hard.
Maybe pulling from Necro and putting it in Retribution would be a good idea.

Clarity of Purpose being temporary never really bothered me as itā€™s % uptime is higher in practice when you move from enemy to enemy. And that huge OA boost at the start of fights might be a big deal.

PS Ill Omen is at 9 / 10 because the shield gets +1 more to it in 1.1.9.7

@Gnomish_Inquisition What do you think? Max Retribution or not (and pull from Necro mastery for example)?

Iā€™m researching Discord:

2 Likes

those builds in question were regular flat dmg oriented, or fire dmg etc, in which case retribution was/is a total waste
it can be useful if youā€™re trauma stacking, since itā€™s still an additional source of trauma, but if youā€™re not, itā€™s still equally pointless imo
trauma/dot stacking only makes sense if youā€™re actually stacking it, otherwise itā€™s just a little drip there that wont be scaled by anything (wd/wps)
so iā€™d treat it like how most flat dmg builds treat it, they donā€™t go out of their way to dump extra points in it just for that,
ex cold AA+wps/non dot focused nightblades maxing lethal assault before elemental awakening - even without acid conversion
iā€™d imagine if Storm Touched didnā€™t have speed and chance of big %dmg it would be breakpointed a bit less often if it was just electrocute

is kinda interesting you didnā€™t take soul harvest tho, with that belt there, if youā€™re going for flats anyway

1 Like