[1.1.9.4] Gutsmasher Warlord/2H Physical EoR. SR 90/Ravager of Minds

Tyvm for the quick reply!

1 Like

Can’t you also kill him siding WITH Barrowholm ?

i actually thought you had to side with them to kill, is it possible to kill ravager siding AGAISNT barrowholm??

2 Likes
  • Ravager <=> WITH
  • Reaper <=> AGAINST
2 Likes

Yes you all right, thanks for correcting.

Hey another quick question :
You bind Ulzaad’s Decree to Blitz.
Doest it mean it only procs when using blitz (20% chance on attack so 1 proc every 5 blitz)? Or does it proc with any attack? Sorry if thats a newb question.

In game chance to proc on skill that have cooldown will be higher. Also blitz is multitarget so even better chances to proc :slight_smile:

Edit: forgot to mention: grim tools probably shows wrong value

2 Likes

Hi all, Im attempting to play Grim Dawn again after being away for quite some time. This build caught my eye as I love whirldwind type skills since the Barb in D2.

Im currently leveling as forcewave soldier. At what level can I transition to this build? Does it require a lot of the gear shown here to work well? Any advice on getting to be a whirlwind fiend as fast as possible would be great. Thanks!

I’ve started leveling Physical EoR Warlord from empty stash recently (24 level, Normal). Probably doable from start to finish.

The most important thing is to convert Fire and Lightning damage on EoR. If you don’t have Gutsmasher, I think it’s wise to use Beronath, Reforged for this job. It can be bought from a vendor easily (although doing it efficiently requires some know-how) and you dual wield till you get the build defining weapon.

Here are my two budget theorycrafts for this: Warlord1 Warlord2
I wouldn’t bother with Beronath if I had Gutsmasher already in my stash.

1 Like

Hi appreciate the reply. So with Beronath, do you just use the activated use on it and it drains energy but while its going its going to convert fire and lightning into physical damage? Do you still stack physical damage or are you trying to get elemental damage since it converts or rdoes it matter? Im not sure how that interacts.

yes

still stack physical Guide – Gameplay – Combat – Grim Dawn (“This calculation is done before…”)

Would the dual wield version of your build look like this for example or theres other changes to improve it? Warlord, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Thanks for the info. One last question I had you mentioned you can buy the Beronath from a vendor? I see on grimtools it can be sold from Vinelton in Feral Thicket. Do you just spam new games, run to feral thicket, use skele key to open the zone and go talk to him over and over? Wanted to make sure Im not wasting keys by doing this method if its incorrect.

Yes, incorrect or rather wasteful and time consuming. When you reach Vinelton and check his wares, go back to the previous level and then return to Vinelton. Vinelton Demonstration + Sandstorm Streamer's Luck - YouTube Just one :old_key: is enough.

3 Likes

Can someone explain to me this “Devotion Manipulation” cuz i cant have this "Scales of Ulcama: :confused:

Welcome to the forum.

Devotions can support themselves so the 2 yellow points from Scales count toward the 8 total yellows required to unlock it. Put points in devotions unneeded by the final build to reach 8 yellow points (Scarab, Panther, Lotus, etc.). This probably require you to refund some points at the Spirit Guide from devotions you want to keep in the final build. Fill in Scales. Remove the points from the devotions that allowed you to reach Scales and place them back in the constellations you want to keep.

For this specific devotion tree, I’d remove the points from Ghoul and put them in Panther, take Scales, remove the points from Panther and put them back in Ghoul.

Thank you very much for quick respond :smiley:

It work <3

1 Like

How is this build in 1.2??

Haven’t tested yet but should be good.

Just checked and according to GT version 1.2 vs GT version 1.1.9.8, this build is exactly the same in 1.2 except we get +58 more Armor, +17 more DA, +40% healing increase, and +171 more health regen. Build should be a bit tankier in 1.2!