[1.1.9.4] Sentinel of the Underworld/2H Vitality EoR Sentinel- SR 90/Ravager of Minds/Avatar of Mogdrogen

A man who is neither dead or alive, yet he protects the gates of underworld and eliminates the ones who dare to escape…

Hi people, I like to share the best EoR build I have made with you. It’s much faster and sturdier than other EoR build I played(DW Fire/Lightning, DW Vitality, DW Aether,DW Acid). Interestingly it’s a Vitality build, and interestingly, it uses a 2H weapon that has no attack speed…

Image from the game with perma buffs and BoD and Hungering Void proc

Helmet crafted with Freeze resist.

:wine_glass::tornado: GRIMTOOLS :tornado: :wine_glass:

Build has -%139 RR, almost constant Hungering Void proc but unfortunately it requires a lot of greens to work properly.

Gears

Most gears are BiS, I mean really.

• Weapon is core of the build.
  • Fallen ring is BiS for RR.
  • Pants and Shoulder is needed for EoR points.
  • Boots and Eternal Band is for Soulfire points.
  • Belt is for ele>vit conversion.
  • Helmet and Chest are the best options to cap ele>vitality conversion to %100 since they provide good stats.
  • Bolvar amulet is for RR and perfect stats. I recommend ‘‘of Alacrity’’ suffix but ‘‘Dread Lord’’ is not that crucial.
    (Medal and Gloves are not BiS.)
  • You can use Obsidian Grasp as gloves, it has %2 less phys resist and %5-6 less AS, resistances does not matter that much.
  • And I used medal for more damage, but I guess one can use Korvaak Medal for +2 Soulfire points, get the stun resist from Shoulder instead of Solael’s Malice affix.

SR 90 Boss Room

I believe build can do a bit more, with consumables if necessary. Chunks are much harder than boss room ofc, you can get some weird one-shots at these levels.

Ravager of Minds Kill

Used health, OA and bleeding consumables; added Aether Cluster on skill bar but didn’t need it.

Mogdrogen Kill

Used Health, OA and Lightning resist consumables; added Aether Cluster on skill bar but didn’t need it.

Thanks for reading, any comment & feedback is welcome

8 Likes

I’ve followed several of your builds lately, I’ll definitely try this one. I’m no builder and I thank you guys that post them, my stash is full of items over the last 3 years I’ve wanted to try but didn’t have a clue. Thanks.

2 Likes

Very nice! This weapon (and it’s lack of attack speed) has been something of a puzzle to me recently. I’m glad to see that the solution is GDstash :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. In all seriousness, though, I look forward to trying this one out.

2 Likes

Nice to see it is possible to to make viable build with this weapon ! Good job !

1 Like

@fordprefect I know this is a. Old thread, but I was curious if you’ve made any improvements to this, since you built it?

Also, curious on your relic choice, wouldn’t Meditation or Necrosis just outright be better options? Or were you really just finding that you needed that life saver ability from Serenity?

Thanks!

Do you really need that high OA for normal gameplay (aside from Ravager, etc)? You dont really have that much crit damage to get a good benefit out of it.
And isnt Revenant better than Scales of Ulcama? Better RR, attack speed, ADCTH, etc. And if you lack energy, just change your Dread Skull for Arcane Spark (extra AS will make for it anyways).
And why Serenity instead of Meditation or something? Is that small save-proc with 80 sec CD really that good? Isnt that CD a bit too high?

Lol, it’s one of the most OP weapons in the game. Builds with it are not just “viable”, they’re real BEASTS, that stomp over everything in this game! Be it Sentinel, Archon or Oppressor. I’m playing a similar vitality EoR build with Archon, and it isnt any worse at all.

IIRC my comment was before buffs to this weapon. So back then I think it had something like 15% WD to EoR.

It had 22% bonus to WD for EoR, and worse stats/proc overall, but it was still useable. Just not a top-tier item it is now.

1 Like

I think these are for me.

First, I use this setup now but haven’t updated the build Sentinel, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.7) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

OA : You need it to proc Mark of the Fallen.

Scales vs Revenant : For better damage Revenant is more useful but Scales provides the tankiness you need at higher shards. And yes since build has disruption resist and regen from scales I used Skull instead of spark. If you wanna do fast SR 75-76 or fast CR then there are a few layers of defense that I use you can skip.

Relic : Yes meditation is better choice and I already implemented it and take turtle for circuit breaker. The first time I test the build it was too squishy for me due to low armor so even a few ranged thrash mobs could kill you until you reach them to hit so circuit breakers was needed.

With EoR hit rate, you dont really need high crit rate, even with 5-10% crit it will proc very quickly against a tough boss, and having a significantly higher duration than its CD ensures it stays on till boss dies.
And it’s pretty useless against packs anyways due to its CD and no AoE/spread.

IMO, if you rely on that proc to recover your HP, it probably means you just dont have enough ADCTH in your build to leech HP with your Eye of Reckoning. I actually think your 21% lifesteal is a bit too low ( considering it makes 14.28% real LL due to EoR WD). I have more than double of that, and it feels REALLY good against bosses.
I can see the usefulness of Scales for extra HP sustain, but i feel it’s a wrong build to rely on it. IMO, that’s for ranged caster stuff and all.

That seems a right decition for me. Turtle has a really low CD and decent stats too, it’s 100% worth it.
Though i feel your build is a bit squishy just because it has pretty low HP pool. Increase your HP pool with items, and you’ll be much tankier, with circuit breakers proccing only when you’re in a really dire situation, and not just all the time.
For example, you can use Heart of Yugol chest instead of yours.

Working on getting the Rotgheist set, but having a challenge getting the celestial lotus mats. Anyone have guidance for best farming spot for them?

I’ve done about 20-30 SR 65/66 Ultimate runs, zero drops, and about twice as many Corrupted tomb runs with only 5 dropping from the Celestial Totem there. Seems crazy that these are the best 2 options for a material used in so many crafting recipes.

Wierd, it shouldnt be so rare in SR, it drops every few runs for me.
With that many runs, you could just run Crucible 170 and get the set dropped “in normal way”.

BTW, you dont have to use Rotgheist chest. If your belt and helm have good rolls, they provide close to 100% conversion already, and you can just use any good chest you want - Heart of Yugol. for example, or just a good MI.