[1.1.9.6] Behemoth - Physical AAR Templar [SR100] [4.25 crucible] [All celestials]

SR75-76 speedrun, 4 maidens.

6 Likes

Run by me, best AAR build currently no doubt ( and probably consistently the top one for the last 2 years given how up and down aether has been and aether is glassy too)

2 Likes

Is combustion band a good alternative for gargabol ring? For more phys res shred? Or is the dps/oa loss not worth it

Its a decent alternative, will be a damage boost against IM and celestials but overall max % damage gargabol is still the best option.

Thanks for the prompt answer :slight_smile: Yeah, I guess it makes sense against high resistance enemies. Right now I have some bad mods on gargabol so performance is pretty similar, but with proper mods the difference would be more noticeable.

Greetings, and thanks for this awesome build.

Iā€™m planning on running a slight variant of it, because Iā€™m not able to handle very many active casts or a complex rotation very well, and wanted to ask about the best way to handle a couple of changes, if you donā€™t mind.

Firstly, would Mirror or Nullification be better for a defensive cast? Iā€™m leaning towards mirror because the total invulnerability seems better than the cleanse in an emergency.

Secondly, is the Deathstalker pet able to land crits?
Iā€™m planning on avoiding using the Ravagerā€™s Deathgaze skill, because of the need to keep repeatedly casting it in order to trigger the Ulzaadā€™s decree. I wondered if I could use the AAR to trigger the decree more consistently, and leave the Deathstalker to trigger the assassinā€™s mark. (Iā€™m playing alongside a summoner who will also be packing 85+% Phys RR.)

Lastly, because I wonā€™t be using the Deathgaze, is there a helmet other than Ravagerā€™s Dreadgaze that might be better suited to this build since I donā€™t need the skill from it. The +1 to all skills seems really hard to beat, but my knowledge of items in the game is very limited.

Any advice or feedback would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Iā€™ll preface by saying that this way you are gimping the builds maximum potential. Just fyi, but you can choose to play it however you want to play it.

Both skills are some of the best you can use defensively, I would not recommend removing either of them, you donā€™t have to cast them off of cooldown too.

It can

You can trigger Ulzaad with second movement ability, AAR is a very fast Assassinā€™s Mark proccer both in single target and aoe.

You can keep the helmet for the stats alone.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the responses.

Iā€™m aware itā€™s gimping itā€™s capabilities, but itā€™s one of the nicest AAR buildā€™s Iā€™ve seen, but itā€™s just too complex an active cast list for me. Iā€™m simply not capable of keeping track of that many things, as well as my positioning and aiming. Iā€™ve tried in the past, and it just leads to me standing in damage zones and dying, or forgetting important casts, because I simply get overwhelmed. Cutting down the amount Iā€™m trying to keep track of helps me maintain focus on whatā€™s left.

Iā€™ve tried to cut it down in a way that least hurts its ability to deal damage, but my experience with the game is limited. If you have suggestions on how to better do that, without me having to cast buffs/debuffs continuously throughout a fight, and without adding much more in the way of active casts, Iā€™d definitely appreciate it. Modifications to the devotion tree too, if thereā€™s anything that would better suit the streamlined variant Iā€™m trying to go for.

Also, does the PhysRR debuff from Assassinā€™s mark proc from itself? And how necessary is it if my partner is already going to be throwing PhysRR at stuff? Iā€™m not sure what the cap on resistance reduction is, whether iw works additively or multiplicatively, and whether you can force things into the negative for more damage. 85% seems like a lot.

Thanks again for the advice.

You donā€™t have to cast the debuffs all the time, they are mostly important for bosses and heroes, white mobs will die just by channeling AAR. I would suggest trying out both mirror and nullification and see what works best for you and then maybe remove the other one. But you donā€™t have to press them all the time, especially if you are in multiplayer.

Yes, there is a blue swords icon that pops up when an enemy is affected by it.

-X% resistance reduction is additive and has no cap from all sources. Goes into negatives and comes first into calculation.

Reduced targetā€™s X resistances for y seconds is additive but only the highest source will apply. Goes into negatives and comes last into calculation.

Reduced targetā€™s %X resistances for y seconds is multiplicative and only the highest applies aswell. Comes second into calculation behind -X% and cannot go into negatives. It does work against targets with negative resistances only if -X% drops them to negative in the first place.

So it is important to have a lot of resistance reduction for the majority of builds, mostly with -X% and Reduced targetā€™s X resistances because the multiplicative resistance reducion is harder to come by and isnā€™t as neccessary.

1 Like

i really appreciate the detailed explanation, thatā€™s immensely helpful. Iā€™ll try out mirror and null as youā€™ve suggested, and see what works for me, thatā€™s a good idea, especially with how easy it is to respec. I had meant to ask if assassinā€™s mark stacks with itself, not sure what my fingers did there, but the detailed explanation answers that.

Thanks again for all the help.

Have some advise to devotion bro?
you put all point to cunning on leveling or fix it at endgame?