[1.1.9.6] DW Olexra's Chill + Mageslayer Frosty Spellbreaker - SR 90ish

Any tips for end game weapons before getting the BIS weapons?

I’m having very bad luck with those.

This is a good build to use until then: [1.1.9.4] No Set DW Spectral Longsword Cold SS Spellbreaker. SR 90(ish)

Well there is no chance you can play this style without Mageslayer Set + Olexra’s Chill + Ilgorr’s Eternal Curse efficiently but yes you can farm Spectral Longswords and focus SS while you’re farming.

Thanks, was hoping there was some obscure item I had overlooked, but I guess Longswords it is. I lost two Olexra’s on my previous char (only play hc) and now I’m out. Also don’t have any Alkamos rings atm, that will be fun to farm.

Ok I just have to vent for a bit. I’m doing fine with this build while farming with a chillstrife and a beacon, it’s really fun to play. But I don’t know how many Alkamos runs I’ve done now, it’s a lot, and not a single purple ring. Know how many Soulrends I have? I mean the BIS weapons will drop in SR eventually, got a very lazy pet build for that, but I want the RINGS.

All that said, mad props for the build, it’s very fun.

1 Like

Weird, the drop rate of the rings got increased with the 1.1.9.7 patch. Yes it as pretty pain in the a** before but it should be better. Nevertheless pray for RNGesus :stuck_out_tongue:

I know, I’ve been playing casually on and off since about vanilla release, and I have never gotten a purple Alkamos ring. It’s gotten into this spite realm where it’s just taunting me to manufacture it, but that’s not why I play this game. So I won’t.

Anyway, cheers for caring.

1 Like

And I just ripped it in SR getting the last skill points. OMG I just hate this game and love it at the same time. I was so careful. But then cornered. FFS.

At least I didn’t loose any rings.

1 Like

I’m having another go at this guy, it’s so fun to play.

Question about constallations though, is the speed from jackal that crucial? I’m thinking diminishing returns at the top there. If not, you could drop jackal and lantern, and get candle to get elemental storm. And max out ghoul for some extra def.

I’m kind of new at trying to theorycraft this game so be kind, but why would this be a bad idea?

I think it’s important. Also you need Revenant’s Adcth aswell.