[1.1.9.6-1.2] Forcewace Trauma Witchblade: All Celestials + SR90 - 1 million damage internal trauma crits

Confirmed :slight_smile:

Sheet damage isn’t too impressive
DEE psn dmg

but DEE has 163% crit damage.

So variance is pretty high as you can see.

Feels a lot weaker than grey knight forcewave though lol.

I suppose I’ll do some proper testing and make a dedicated thread in a while.

Oh yea and don’t hit reflect mobs cause you get poisoned for like 40 seconds :rofl:

2 Likes

Looks a lot like PS Warder: about half the damage, but high crit compensates somewhat. Great work :slight_smile:

Might be a noob question, but I’m wondering why grey knight shield instead of 4 piece octavius with the shield?

1 Like

While Octavius set gives -1 cooldown and some goodies (trauma) in forcewave yes, logically you would say it’s pretty good but how /Crab_Turtle went is pretty logical too… basically “Grey Knight” shield gives hellofa damage in a hit which keeps on going meaning after u hit enemy u can simply run around instead of wearing full Octavius and being forced to hit more often.

It all comes down to your playstyle - you either like many small hits or big boi chad hits. :wink:

1 Like

This is forcewave damage with my best rolled Octavius shield fw damage with octavius
I didn’t put on seal of might but you can see the point. IT ticks will be much lower with that setup. Full Octavius would be worth it if you used 2 of the supported skills.

1 Like

I’ll share something interesting for me but maybe obvious for others.

I’ve calculated that these mods are multiplicative not additive.
Meaning you get (100%+60%) x (100%+120%) = 1.6 x 2.2 = 3.52 multiplier which is 252% more damage
instead of 100% + 60% + 120% = 2.8 multiplier which is 180% more damage.

The formula for sheet trauma damage for a character wielding the sword and the shield is:
78 x FW% x (100% + sheet_trauma% + cunning_trauma%) x 3.52
78 is from 390 / 5 → :shield: dmg/s

[edit] I confirmed this by testing it on dummies.

That means Grim Tools incorrectly displays the following:
(should be 252%)

Which is consistent with the test I made for CT: Total Damage Stacking

11 Likes

Wow that’s actually a big drop, when i was comparing the two shields (including the 4 pc bonus) i didn’t see much difference aside from the total damage modified by 120%, is it that stat that’s making this huge gap or is it something else?

It more than doubles the FW damage whereas Octavius mods for example adds 500% Trauma damage which is good but you already have 4k% damage on the build so relatively it’s a decent but far smaller gain. Or the flat Internal Trauma to FW is not scaled by FW’s 325% Weapon damage like flat damage not from mods. Well Octavius Shield also has higher damage on it but I guess these all together are still worse than the doubling mod.

2 Likes

That was certainly not obvious to me!
Thanks!

That puts another perspective on some items, like the Dunefiend set, Vanquisher, and of course the 2 items responsible for the abomination here.

2 Likes

In the past I was doing research and reading in a few places it’s additive.
Also I was fighting with Adios Ocelot also known as USER_NAME_01 about it on Twitch stream.

In wonder if DWielding the axes also stacks multiplicatively :thinking: // w8, I’m dumb you need a shield :laughing:
I remember Valinov making some weird FoI using both Chaos / Vit transmuter and Aether conuit’s Total Damage mods

1 Like

It’s still worth knowing though, 2 chillheart with RoS ?

Edit: And dual Venom launcher (though probably much less impactful)

1 Like

Thank you for testing - was on my list for today - because with additive boni I was not able to reproduce the numbers - only assuming multiplicative boni reached the in game values

2 Likes

Also wondering:

Considering that damage reduction reduces not just damage but everything offensive (including RR against you)
Is it possible… that “total damage modified by” also increases other effects ? Like “-x Offensive ability”, or “reduced target’s resistance for X seconds” ?

very interesting, thx for testing that!

3 Likes

is there a way to build it a little more tankier, especially for 1 hit ko? i really wanna try a dot build, but im not confortable playing on HC with 2.4 DA (even with high armour + phys res). like maybe a battlemage? also more ways to get recovery aswell?

@Crab_Turtle_2112 I tried Callidor’s tempest, mostly a mix of your theorycraft, with a few tweakes.

It’s ok… on par with all the “also ran” builds we’ve seen in this thread and the other.

20220724231005_1

Also tried to make anything out of Aegis of Menhir, but there isn,t enough support to even go past theorycraft.

3 Likes

quite some damage loss - but likely a bit more reserves on the defensive side

1 Like

Yea Battlemage is the answer for hardcore I think. As I said on the reddit post, for HC you give up some damage for survivability: Avenger of Cairn amulet, DA ring augments like arcanum dust, defensive boots like windshear greaves, trim some point off squad tactics to put in Menhir’s Will. Pump a bit more physique too. I don’t think you want to rely on shield block to survive here, there’s more important stuff to get.

Edit: pretty much what @The_Coyote posted lol

Looks good. Messenger of War feels out of place, I think there’s better stuff to get. Maybe unironically go Rat, since you have conversion on the belt :rofl:

1 Like

Wasn’t sure about messenger either, thanks!

I don’t think I’ll spend a lot of time on it though :slight_smile: