[1.1.9.7 - 1.2.0.3] Soul Perceptible - Clairvoyant Aether/Vitality hybrid Cabalist [sr+][vid]

When Typhos, the loyal servant of Rattosh, is not enough, other means are required to bring down rogue souls and usurpers…

Hi! :slightly_smiling_face:

What do you say about another hybrid build? I had a lot of fun making them, hope you will appreciate the next one. The Clairvoyant’s Focus set is pretty strong and interesting at the same time, both Aether and Vitality side. It was used for first damage type mostly, Aether AAR Cabalists/Spellbinders were good builds (until some nerfs). Nowadays the set received much buffs for hybrid playstyle, so I decided to make something interesting :grinning:. The results appeared decent and even higher than I expected.

Behold!

1. Grimtools link.

A balanced setup with Rattosh (of course :laughing:), Widow, Wendigo and Scales for flat RR, Chariot for thematic purpose and OA. You may ask - why Harbinger of Souls, not Possession exclusive? First - the theme, second - it is easier to balance damage around Harbinger than Possession :grimacing:. With my available gear, at least.

2. In-game character stats.
1.2.0.3_CAVHC_general_stats
general stats, only passive buffs and Blood of Dreeg are active. Damage Per Second is for Oblivion

1.2.0.3_CAVHC_Oblivion_breakdown
Oblivion breakdown

1.2.0.3_CAVHC_DB_breakdown
DB breakdown

1.2.0.3_CAVHC_RS_breakdown
Reap Spirit breakdown

1.2.0.3_CAVHC_magic_stats
magic stats

1.2.0.3_CAVHC_defense_stats
defense stats

3. Gear/Build explanation.
The gear was chosen to balance Aether/Vitality damage as equal as possible (and not to lose needed skillpoints for our main abilities - DB and Reap Spirit).

1. Core items.
    Set. The Clairvoyant’s Focus. Great flexible Aether/Vitality set for DB and Reap Spirit, tanky and damaging, amazing healing procs, CD resets, insane Energy Regen. One of my favorite :slightly_smiling_face:.
    Gloves. Aethereach. From 1.1.9.7 - Aether/Vitality slot with flat CDR to Reap Spirit, an okay proc, overall good stats.
    Off-hand. Pulsing Shard. Huge %Crit Damage and ADCtH to Reap Spirit, some redundant -Skill Energy Cost to it. Why not Terrnox Aether Tome with -0.8 sec to RS? Well, Shard is much easier to farm (vendor in Port Valbury). Unless you like GD Stash :rofl:. And %Crit Damage is too big to ignore. Look for %OA, %Vitality Damage, %CS.
    Relic. Oblivion. Grants us a spammable Aether/Vitality skill with %Fumble and %Impaired Aim, looks great too :slightly_smiling_face:. I like %DA completion bonus for sweet 3k OA/DA numbers, %OA is good too.
  2. Mandatory items.
    Amulet. Kaisan’s Eldritch Eye. +1 to All Skills, nice %CC resists. Look for %Elemental, Aether, Pierce resistances first, OA/DA (for armor/medal MIs).
    Ring 1. Band of the Eternal Haunt. %Aether Damage, DA, points to Ill Omen, Aether RR proc. Craftable.
    Ring 2. Albrecht’s Duality. Much needed DB skillpoints, huge OA, Chaos-to-Aether conversion, %Elemental res, proc is okay.
    Pants. Wraithborne Legwraps. Nice Aether/Vitality slot with big %OA, DA, %Bleed res, points to Spectral Wrath, proc also does good job keeping enemies at bay.
    Belt. Lunal’Valgoth’s Waistguard. +1 to Necromancer, Chaos-to-Vitality conversion to balance flat Aether/Vitality damage values (look for Magic Stats picture above).
  3. Can be changed.
    Medal. Mark of Plagius. +3 to HoS, some flat Vitality Damage to it, %Chaos Res is redundant. No restrictions here, use whatever you got :slightly_smiling_face:.
    Boots. Voidwalker Footpads. Good Vitality slot with huge DA, Spirit, %Slow res (important), nice defensive proc. Any boots with %Slow and Pierce/Aether res should fit as well (like Rift-Torn Greaves or craftable Magelord Greaves - in this case DA suffers, but who needs it anyway?:laughing:)

Craft with Reduced Freeze Duration (bonus is provided by Malmouth blacksmith in Steelcap District).

About Resistance Reduction. Total amount is ~116% for Aether (-33% from Spectral Wrath (when hit), -18% from modified CoF, -10% from Band of the Eternal Haunt ring proc, -35% from Widow constellation and flat 20 from Scales constellation (when hit)) and ~105% for Vitality (-33% from Spectral Wrath (when hit), -27% from CoF modifier, -25% from Rattosh constellation and flat 20 from Scales constellation (when hit)). Enough for most cases. No problems so far against bosses and Nemeses (maybe Undead ones are a little bit tankier).

4. Gameplay.
Debuff enemies with CoF and Ill Omen, cast DB/Reap Spirits on CD, spam Oblivion in-between. Uptime BoD, MoT for advanced facetanking/dire situations, Will of the Fallen Kings for movement. Nothing difficult :slightly_smiling_face:.

5. Videos.
Mad Queen.

Kra’Vall.

Lokarr.

Morgoneth.

SR 75 full.

Avatar of Mogdrogen (old video) (potions are in the video, facetanking, no Aether Clusters/healpots used).

Ravager of Souls - theme-purposed (potions are in the video, no Aether Clusters and healpots, kiting. Too much sunder for that :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:!)

Callagadra (potions are in the video, kiting, no Aether Clusters used, occasional healpots).

Crate of Entertainment (potions are in the video, no Aether Clusters and healpots, kiting. Can anyone tell me why did Ghoul proc after killing the boss? I had full HP and no crates nearby :thinking:).

Clones of Bourbon (potions are in the video, no Aether Clusters and healpots, facetank).

A somewhat slow (not only in terms of %MS :slightly_smiling_face:), but good and sturdy build for a hybrid. Do you like it?

Thanks for visiting my topic, all nice comments are welcome :wink:. Have a good time!

8 Likes

Hey, do not touch this post!

3 Likes

do not touch this post!

1 Like

/drooooooool

Well, guess I need to assemble another Myth. Clairvoyant’s set then…

1 Like

It is an amazing set, do it!

1 Like

IMpressive performance! All Celestials slain, well done! Then i suppose AAR Spellbinder should be able to do it as well.

Did you try Mythical Deadwalker Footpads?

1 Like

They fit the theme, but have redundant %Stun Res. We need %Slow instead. Added Boots in “Gear/Build explanation” section.

very cool! itemization is very close to a build i’m working on that uses conduit of eldritch whispers for an aether sigil + aether doom bolt. didn’t seem as strong as the performance you’re reporting, though, taking notes… thought about using aetherreach and reap spirit but felt kinda weird since i didn’t have many pet bonuses…

2 Likes

Share your build when you finish it, that sounds like a cool idea

1 Like

Reap Spirit is used in two ways - as a nuke ability or temporary pet summon. Clairvoyant set is for first, Diviner - for second (or even both). Depends on what you like most. Aethereach gloves fit everywhere in Reap Spirit builds.

Interesting build.Where to look for clairvoyant?Thenks

Just random Legendary drop.

majority of ya play on PC but its the skill placement is different between platforms that’s all you’ve a nice one too.

1 Like

Hello, @willketch41. Glad you appreciated the build :slightly_smiling_face:. I do not know how well it would fare on other platforms but good luck making it work!

Willnoword do you knw anyone on Xbox platform yet play Grim Dawn that’s willing to pwr level me up to 100 max level? yet get the other modes unlocked and all too, that’s as long if they’d don’t mind doing such even help me farm for all the necessary gear, that’s for the build too peace out take care then too.

Unfortunately, no, I do not know such people.

okay but for the controller Quick slot setup like for the Xbox controller since the left right arrows are used for last far abilities after the RT/Right Trigger button, since the potion’s aren’t used at all, Idk which quick slots that’re needed for your build even if its on Xbox to PS5 regardless of a Keyboard and mouse can also be used to level the playing field too, peace out take care too then.

1 Like

Not that it matters much but still nice to see :slightly_smiling_face:. Another pseudo “HC viable” build.

1 Like

nice build sometimes I’d get lucky when there’re really nice veterans on GD w a open game that’s not in Ult mode, that’re willing to help anyone w the leveling process that even likes it yet wants it too, Majority of the time the only games I’d found in GD MP mode that are locked yet even in elite/ULT mode peace.

Hi, looks nice! First time using a cabalist, how do u level this build? in wich moment/level should do i play this build?