[1.1.9.7] There is no Camel Level | Bonebleach Infiltrator | SR 75-76 farmer | All Celestials

GrimTools

Introduction
  • the idea is to create the best build with Bonebleach Halberd, a weapon obtained in SR or Bonebleach Basin,
    which is an Easter Egg level in Forgotten Gods similar to Cow Level in Diablo 2, just with :camel: instead of :cow2:

• 2h Shadow Strike is actually not that strong as it hits only once in constrast to DW which gains twice as much from SS bonuses

• that said, Bonebleach Halberd more or less compensates for it by

• having more damage for other skills and procs that only use 1 hand
    • -0.6 s recharge to Shadow Strike that allows to get a very low 1.05 s cooldown
    • Cold → Pierce conversion for
      • Blade Spirits
      • Shadow Strike
      • Nemesis / Night’s Chill / Nether Edge / Death Sentence / Nightfall
  • the build is a Pierce / Bleeding hybrid with the following Bleeding sources:

and a lot of Cunning to compensate for relatively low % Bleeding damage

Gear

Item pages below are shortened to most important stats.

Bonebleach Halberd’s main features are described in the introduction. There’s a prefix and a suffix that allow to reach 6 projectiles or even max Phantasmal Blades. Not sure how important this is but it does look nice. I also played with this rare prefix and a magic suffix with % Pierce damage and it was fine although of Alacrity might be better for more consistent and fluent skill activation (because it speeds up the default attack and 2 movement abilities).
Magnison’s Trench Coat for more conversion and Blade Spirit points. All converted damage sources are mentioned in the introduction.
The red Ravager’s Dreadgaze from Ravager of Flesh is the best out of the three Ravager helmets because of how much Health if provides.
Murderer’s Epaulets for 9 skill points and partial Vitality conversion of the Tip of the Scales devotion healing proc. I use a suffix with Slow res but I don’t think it’s very important for this build.
Basilisk Mark can be vendor farmed easily from Vinelton, see this video. I use a prefix with Stun res which matters mostly for :crate: superboss I’d say. Dread Skull is mandatory for the Total Speed increase - both Attack and Casting speed are very important for this build. Energy depletion occurs very rarely.
Bladetwister Signet’s Elemental conversion is actually not important as it stacks with Cold conversion in a multiplicative way - they are not added but one only converts a % of the damage not converted by the other. Chosen for the Pierce resistance debuff.
Rune of Violent Delights is not only great for movement having the lowest possible recharge but also deals quite a lot of damage - Bleeding is the 2nd damage type used and Physical is converted to Piercing. For :crate: superboss a teleport movement skill from Rune of Displacement is highly recommended.
The rest of the gear is not interesting. I just considered it best in slot because of stats / skill points
Skills

2h Shadow Strike is actually not that strong as it hits only once in constrast to DW which gains twice as much from SS bonuses. Has a very low 1.05 s cooldown. Can drain your Energy somewhat if you don’t fight and just cross a map. Used on LMB to minimize the delay between subsequent uses and for default attacking in between. Great for avoiding :crate:'s projectile that reduces damage.
Chosen because 1) it can be maxed quite easily 2) multiple projectiles are great at proccing devotions 3) it benefits from high weapon damage.
Pneumatic Burst is the highest priority heal due to the lowest cooldown.
Drink a Health Potion if Pneumatic burst is on cooldown.
Use Blade Barrier if the previous heals are on cooldown. Also at moments when there’s a chance of dying - vs Mad Queen’s red aura, at the end of Reaper / Aleksander fights (also to tank his meteor while pets still damage him), against Gargabol, etc. Essential for all 3 hardest superbosses - you can see it in the videos. Blade Barrier can be soft-capped if needed for a shorter recharge by moving skill points around.
Horn of Gandarr has an incredibly potent Damage Reduction which, if I’m not mistaken, is also mportant for DPS by reducing enemies’ offensive debuffs.
It’s always good to spam Inquisitor Seal as it provides Elemental Resistance overcap and flat damage Absorption. As it’s spawned under enemies, it makes all Blades of Wrath devotion proc’s projectiles hit them, albeit with some penalty. I have 3 Seals permanently stacked under Ravager for 3 Crit / proc chances per second.
Violent Delights is not only great for movement having the lowest possible recharge but also deals quite a lot of damage - Bleeding is the 2nd damage type used and Physical is converted to Piercing. I’d say it’s optional for fighting though. For :crate: superboss a teleport movement skill from Rune of Displacement is highly recommended.
The rest of the skills are self-explanatory

Videos

Ravager 1:20 naked - I didn’t need it but Blade Barrier can be soft-capped for this fight.

Crate 2:42 using Displacement movement skill

Calla 4:20 - I moved Word of Renewal and Elemental Awakening points to Blade Barrier GT just in case and to free space on the bar. I tried to save time by tanking behind the :cactus:. Didn’t succeed because I failed two initial attempts.

Full :cactus: facetank is not possible for this build and I had to finish the fight normally. I don’t think I’ll use this method next time as I have terrible FPS near :cactus: - 10 or even 2 depending on a build and also most skills are blocked by it.

SR 75-76 gameplay

• try to not pull very large groups of monsters

• clean most of trash first, then heroes and after that nemesis

• use Blade Barrier at moments when there’s a non-zero chance of dying - vs Mad Queen’s red aura, at the end of Reaper / Aleksander fights (also to tank his meteor while pets still damage him), against Gargabol, etc.

• be careful when you’re not in Inquisitor Seal

12 Likes

congrats on da build but my reaction when seeing it’s DA:

still, good riddance :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I should have put 1p more into Physique, 2.4k would look better! It’s not as bad as it looks though - Veil of Shadow has 94 OA debuff and Rend has 150 OA debuff (bound to 1s cooldown Shadow Strike with 68% chance to proc). I probably also have a good chance to proc Annihilation that has 55 OA debuff.

Btw check out the last post in Meme Dawn by :crab: :turtle: - contains a great DA meme.

5 Likes

Very nice build here @tqFan! :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

DA stat is for newbies (and lazy casuals like me :grin:). Nice fashion, @tqFan !

1 Like

I’ve always treated DA as a “Nice to have” on everything but the most in-your-face melee builds.

Not that I have that many decent builds to boast about, mind you, but those that work well aren’t necessarily the ones with lots of DA. Moving around is as good as DA IMO :slight_smile:

Great build BTW :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you checked results with Shard of Beronath?

1 Like

decided it’s a no no from QoL standpoint - most would like to have SS on their main button and Default Attack with it

1 Like