[1.1.9.7] Warborn RF Siegebreaker Oppressor | Crate + Calla + Ravager in less than 5 minutes | HC friendly

well I think now the build should be able to kill Grava before he nullifies you :thinking:
try to kill him as fast as possible next time. Was barely able to do that before the update already.

also you could upload your character to Grim Tools - your particular character - so that I can check if you didn’t miss something

besides… “it’s a skill issue” - you need to recognize when Grava is about to Nullify you and after he spawns the balls, make them hit some obstacle and disappear

Thanks for the help. I agree that it’s a skill issue. My build is exactly the same as the one you posted (Imposing / Alacrity Gargabol ring, Serenity with poison res, same components / augments and devotions / skills / attributes distribution). The build won’t die instantly after being nulllified, but It’s not easy to continue to fight without buff. Currently I have to retreat to a safe place to rebuff, and go back to kill more minions. I’ll try to dodge the nullification ball next time. :handshake:

No Greens 1.1.9.8

• Elemental / Acid res are 5% higher in 1.1.9.8
  • no important Serenity completion bonus
  • DA / Armor took a hit by taking Ulo for resists,
    the first one can be increased by ~100 with 1 more Arcanum Dust + Omen
4 Likes

Looks great :+1: But 22/10 Reaping Strike?

1 Like

Try lowering it

I saw it one-pointed, still looks awful :smile:. Some gear swap is needed. Maybe boots?..

After trying tqFan’s new adjustment. I can say one thing - this build is my fav. and main for SR farming. I really enjoy this build with my heart. thank you

1 Like

in-game it’s 20, don’t forget GT is only an approximation :stuck_out_tongue:
boots are very good regardless

@tqFan , how did you go about leveling this character?

well I don’t have a leveling guide but you could use this one but use my devotions
[1.1.9.4] Budget Physical Melee Dual-Wield Righteous Fervor Oppressor

I appreciate the link, thank you

This little cannonball is so fun to play, thanks a lot.

For anyone looking for levelling tips, it’s also pretty fast and fun to just go full on skelemancer until 94 (also very HC friendly).

My question is if this guy has any weaknesses I might have overlooked against specific mobs? I would hate to loose this char by stepping on a landmine by accident.

Skelemancer w/o pet devotions? How would that work?

It’s hard for me to say. I don’t think it has any specific witness and it’s much more resilient than your average build due to shield, passive leech, Mark of Torment etc. but if you’re not experienced with the game I suppose you could do some misplay that I wouldn’t naturally and die. I guess I could provide a softcore version of this character for download and practice if you want to test it out more thoroughly and are not super experienced with the game before playing with your legit one.

Oh, I ment to pick pet devotions while levelling and then do a full respec of gear/skills/devos at 94. I just find it to be a fairly fast and safe route when I level a necro char, so thought I’d mention it for the people asking in the thread.

I have a ton of experience and many 100 HC chars, but I definitely don’t have the in depth knowledge of all the mob abilities like some people here. The build feels very sturdy, I’ve just lost too many chars by walking into some lethal combo that I could have avoided.

The only things I haven’t killed yet are Calla and Crate, and since I don’t really like SC practicing is limited. But I have high hopes for this guy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Tbh with you I don’t have such in-depth knowledge either. I prefer to make safer character that are more forgivable.

I also remember Physical Guardians leveling being nice but that was before the armor started blocking damage converted to Physical :thinking:

Oh cool, I just recognized your name from some killer builds so thought I should ask.

What I like to do is just get to 94 by the end of elite as fast and safe as possible, so that I can practice the actual build during ultimate before it’s time to tackle the hard stuff. And preferably avoid running into some shotgunning mob along the way that’s anti my build :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyway, thanks for a cool build, been a long time since I did sword and board. Might have been my first retal warder before expansions actually. And this is waaay more fun.

Safe and fast are two contradictory things I’d say
I don’t usually level such melee characters.

I only play SSF so 94 by the end of Elite would be super slow but you can use some Exp potions and other stuff I don’t remember now to make it happen.

For it to be safe

• make sure have good resistances of course (not sure if overcapping is needed for campaign especially to this point)

• I’d advise to get (almost) every possible devotion point you can to have them lever more quickly.

• follow different devotion path

• yellow crossroad
    • :turtle:
    • respec yellow crossroad
    • Assassin’s Blade
    • :hammer:
    • :crab:
    • respec :hammer:
    • and then go for :bear: or :balance_scale:
  • Reaping Strike for the leech

• perhaps playing Ranged RF could be better while leveling? There are Elemental → Physical guns for that in Forgotten Gods after killing Krieg Viper Sandspitter

• you can check this guide too of course [1.1.9.4] Budget Physical Melee Dual-Wield Righteous Fervor Oppressor

I doubt something can kill you while leveling in MC with good resistances, absorption devos, Reaping Strike for healing, Maul and Scales :thinking:

Well I got the basics, I was more thinking of specific weaknesses. Since this guy hits pretty hard, would he survive a missed reflect call on Mad Queen? Could he stand a missed DA debuff on that lightning guy in Temple of Osyr? Survive a shotgun from the mini boss in Gloomwald? A nullify from the elite in Plains of Strife?

That’s just a few of the mobs that have one shotted me unexpectedly over the years. And it’s not like I require you to have all the correct answers here, but I assume a lot of people have followed your excellent build, and perhaps some of them have been killed along the way and would like to chip in.

1 Like

Here are some videos for you - 1.1.9.7 guy because I didn’t make this new 1.1.9.8 setup.

Tanking Bosses without using Health Pot or Mark of Torment:

Mad Queen
Ramzul
Kra'vaal
SR75 Mad Queen

Bonus: taking SR75 Grava’s Nullification balls on purpose and fighting without buffs for a bit
(although you can kill him before it happens normally)

click
4 Likes

Thanks for these.

Yes, I’ve noticed this guy isn’t afraid of debuffs generally, it’s one of the most badass and hardcore friendly characters I’ve played. I’ve survived several unlucky situations where other chars would’ve been toast.

Almost done with the game now, basically only have my 2 holy grails left, Calla and Crate. I just have to get the nerve up and try them.

1 Like