[1.1.9.8 - 1.2.0.3] Growth Accelerable - Avenger Warder [sr+][vid]

:loudspeaker: WARNING! :loudspeaker:
The build described below is made entirely for lazy and brainless playstyle, proceed with caution!

And here we are, fellow builders and passers-by :slightly_smiling_face:. Welcome to another build topic of mine. Have you ever tried making something out of Nature’s Avenger? Yes, it is the same glorious Health-regen based set that can make your character an unstoppable regenerative machine, like @RektbyProtoss did here or the strongest (marvelously strongest) destroyer of endgame content - like @mad_lee and his Archon. Yes, Avenger is just crazy :crazy_face:. Just the set I was looking for a build that can be literaly invincible and boring (in a good sense) at the same time. Sometimes I just want to relax and play “with one hand” only while drinking some tea, no thoughts included. To hell damage goes! Times do not matter! :rofl:

So, let us see what I collected.

1. Grimtools link.

Heavy Health-regen setup with a couple of mandatory elements for 2H Melee Physical builds - Assassin’s Blade, Kraken, Ghoul, Bear, Solemn Watcher to have sweet 3.000 DA and some Reflected Damage Reduction. Menhir’s Bulwark instead of Oleron’s Rage is taken because of its Health regen and %Damage Absorption, some flat Physical Damage on top. Only one point in Upheaval since it works for 13% of our non-WPS attacks (that also must crit). Strange thing - you have to build entirely around Upheaval to maximize its potential, so you must not take other WPS skills like Zohan’s Tech or Feral Hunger (does not proc simultaneously :thinking:). OA and %Crit in my build are not great enough for Upheaval, so it is not star of the show. But Zohan is :slightly_smiling_face:. It strikes hard, really.

2. In-game character stats.
1.2.0.3_AW_general_stats
general stats, only passive buffs are active. Damage Per Second is for Savagery.

1.2.0.3_AW_regen_stats
regen stats

1.2.0.3_AW_damage_stats
damage stats

1.2.0.3_AW_defense_stats
defense stats

3. Gear/Build explanation.
Maximum laziness, minimum buttons to press, durability (not immortality, it is not a Vitality build :grin:). The gear was chosen with these ideas in mind.

1. Core items.
    Set. Nature’s Avenger. Regen-and-crush Physical set for Warders, Archons and Warlords. Be it an indomitable juggernaut or mighty demolisher - the set provides everything needed for you. Stats, conversion, giant defensive proc - unleash nature’s wrath on your enemies! Or stand and watch smiling while your opponents hopelessly scratch your hides :laughing:.
    Rings. Judicator’s Seals. A ton of stats, Health regen, resistances, but most important - DR and flat RR. No half-working War Cry needed, just press your Savagery to debuff your enemies. Wonderful!
  2. Mandatory items.
    Amulet. Peerless Eye of Beronath. Health regen devotion tree leaves us starving for stats and resistances. This is where the amulet shines. If it had some %All Damage, I would take it in 100% cases when this slot is free :slightly_smiling_face:. +1 to All Skills as well. Its active skill is not used, do not want to press one more button (devs, consider making it a proc, please? :pleading_face:)
    Pants. Chausses of Barbaros. Still the best Physical slot with nice OA and great proc. Even flat Health regen for some reason.
    Relic. Serenity. Helps making 24/16 Savagery level (so that we gain maximum charges of it - 9), resistances for starving Health regen builds, another circuit-breaker is nice for sleepy walkthrough, %Reflected Damage reduction. Completion bonus is up to you.
    Medal. Crimson Heart. Nice Epic slot with Health regen, +2 to Savagery (important) and other useful skills.
    Gloves. Crimson Claws. Huge ADCtH values, points to Savagery (important) and Feral Hunger with some nice modifiers to it. I would have considered Brawler gloves with its WPS were they not so bad (no %AS, redundant %Bleeding res).
  3. Can be changed.
    Helmet. Callagadra’s Visage. Just a good Physical helmet with +1 to All Skills. Use another helmet with +1 like Ravager ones or Fettan Mask, just play around resistances. Warborn, you say? I do not use War Cry, that is an unnecessary button to press :melting_face:.
    Boots. Earthshatter Treads. Nice Fire/Physical slot with huge DA, %Phys and %Petrify Res (important against bosses like Crate), +3 to Upheaval (whatever), granted skill is not used for mentioned reasons. I also used Boneshatter Treads - Vitality/Physical slot with huge OA, %Phys and %Slow Res.

Craft items with whatever you want. I have %Freeze Res, could be better.

About Resistance Reduction. Total amount is ~52% (-32% from Assassin’s Blade constellation and flat 20 from Judicator’s Seals set bonus). What, too low? Well, it is Warder - no RR class for Physical. Also, more potent RR sources are locked behind additional buttons and skills - not welcomed here! Some enemies may be slow to kill (like Kuba or Maiden), but they cannot seriously harm you. All damage taken is regenerated pretty fast, so no Nemesis or boss is a meaningful threat.

4. Gameplay.
:grin:

5. Videos.
Mad Queen.

Kra’Vall.

Lokarr.

Morgoneth.

SR 75 full (I cannot see those pesky healers alive! :angry: More seconds to timer because of that and %Health mutator)

Avatar of Mogdrogen (old video) (potions are in the video, one augment swap to have 50% Lightning res overcap, no healpots/Aether Clusters used, facetank).

Callagadra (potions are in the video, no healpots/Aether Clusters used, facetanking with evading on sunder).

Crate (potions are in the video, no healpots used (they are for weaklings) and Aether Clusters. The fight is much easier with good %Petrify Res, just avoid NAME ME boxes and burning crates rain :grin:).

Clones of Bourbon (potions are in the video, no healpots/Aether Clusters used, facetank).

Ravager does not talk to me unfortunately :neutral_face:. Should be harder than Callagadra, but still beatable.

Are you still awake?! :laughing: How was this avatar of laziness? Feel free to share.

Have a nice day!

7 Likes

It is gaming time…:sleeping:

Great Avenger Warder Build! Thank you!

I only played a Avenger Warder Build that can easy kill Lokarr. But i dont know that a avenger Warder can kill Gods easily.

It is possible to kill Ravanger with this build, with a lazy playstyle?

Hi! Ravager of Minds/Flesh would not be a problem for this build, of Souls one is a little bit annoying thanks to fumble pools, but still doable, just with longer killing time. As I said earlier, Ravager is easier than Callagadra - in 1.1.9.8 patch for sure, 1.2 may be different.

Great guide! Started my first hardcore character with it, and I’m having a smooth time. Just hit lv 72 and counting!

One question, now that 1.2 is upon us, constellation bonuses have changed in health regen favor, but Wendigo 3rd pip has changed slightly (Phys Resist is replaced with 40 DA). Does this affect the build in any way?

Thanks!

I will update the build after some testing and adjustments, but I can say for sure - Wendigo is no longer needed without %Phys res. We can take two points in Jackal instead for %Total speed and use spare devotion point elsewhere. Health regen has become massive indeed :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Hi! :slightly_smiling_face:

What is new for this build?

• Nature’s Avenger Set: reduced Health Regeneration and % Health Regeneration on the skill proc
  • Behemoth: increased Health Regeneration to 110 and % Health Regeneration to 80%. Added 100 Armor for pets and removed % Physical Resist for pets.
  • Ghoul: increased Health Regeneration to 16 and % Health Regeneration to 30%
  • Lizard: increased Health Regeneration to 24 and % Health Regeneration to 40%
  • Tree of Life: increased Health Regeneration to 120
  • Ghoulish Hunger: added % Increased Healing (Forgotten Gods only) and added % Cast Speed
  • Giant’s Blood: increased Duration and Health Regeneration scaling with rank
  • Healing Rain: increased Health Regeneration and % Health Regeneration scaling with rank
  • Wendigo: increased Health to 300 and replaced % Physical Resist with 40 Defensive Ability
  • Fighting Spirit: reduced Cooldown and Duration to 5s
  • Markovian’s Advantage: increased base % Weapon damage by 15%
  • Menhir’s Bulwark: increased Health Regeneration and % Increased Healing scaling with rank
  • Menhir’s Will: increased % Heal and Health Regeneration scaling with rank
  • Veterancy: increased Health Regeneration and % Health Regeneration scaling with rank
  • Zolhan’s Technique: increased base % Weapon damage by 20%
  • Feral Hunger: increased base % Weapon damage by 20%
  • Mogdrogen’s Pact: increased Health Regeneration scaling with rank
  • Heart of the Wild: increased % Health Regeneration scaling with rank. Fixed Bleeding and Poison Duration Reduction to correctly reduce the duration of these dots, rather than being multipliers for other Duration Reduction effects.
  • Upheaval: increased base % Weapon damage by 15%

Grimtools link and videos (except for Mogdrogen) were updated, used more %Petrify res gear to make Crate encounter easier :laughing:. Now with more Health regen!

Until next update!

3 Likes

Love your build bro
Which ravager hat should I use?

1 Like

Depends on what you prefer more - tankiness, damage etc. Here are some examples:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlQMRoZ - Ravager of Minds variant. Easiest to assemble, has the highest damage numbers of all 3 variants, better OA and same DA compare to original setup.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JKmPjV - Ravager of Flesh variant. More HP, slightly less damage than Minds, same OA and slightly less DA compare to original setup.
Warder, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator - Ravager of Souls variant. More life-leech and slightly increased healing (regen not included), same damage as Flesh one, same OA and even less DA compare to original setup.
As I said in main topic - choose one and play with resistances :slightly_smiling_face:. I would take Minds one for its flexibility. But it is my personal taste. Had to give up Mark of the Traveler to fix resistances in all three variant though :frowning_face:, no maxed Slow Res (and less regen, but whatever). That is why original setup with Callagadra helmet is preferable for me.

1 Like

I chose Ravager of Souls and Bone Shatter boots, with this option I went sr 90-91 comfortably without dying with 8 minutes left, killing all celetials in a simple way, I tried hats and found this to be the best option for me. Thanks so much for your build, it made me love this game.

1 Like