[1.1.9.8 – 1.2.0.2] Build Overview - Ultos Warder (SR75-80)

Introduction

(this section will repeat between my build overviews; you can skip to Build Concept if you've read one of my overviews before and are familiar with my rating system and test criteria)

Patch 9.8 brought, among other things, major changes to the Shattered Realm. Given that SR is where I do my endgame build testing, with the release of the patch I decided to redo all the testing for all my builds. And since I’d be putting in the time and noting down all my results anyway, I thought I might as well post the builds and their scores publicly for others. Who knows, maybe you’ve been trying to make something similar. Or maybe you’re just morbidly curious and like that tickly feeling in your brainhole when you see someone play something utterly stupid.

Now, what exactly does this testing entail? Each character has to do 10 SR75-80 runs (I used to do 5 runs but I’m expanding it to 10 for this second wave). Every run completed within timer counts as a success. It takes 6 successes (over 50 % success rate) for me to consider a build complete. If a build keeps failing to meet that quota, I keep improving it till it works. Ergo, no build I post here will have a lower score than 6/10, because if it doesn’t have over 50 % success rate, I’m not done improving it and it doesn’t get posted.

Three rules were followed to make the results more representative: 1) no consumables other than healing and energy elixirs can be used; 2) no shrines can be taken; if a build has bad resists, it’ll have to make do with bad resists, Rattosh isn’t gonna be saving its ass; 3) no mutator hunting; if I get shitty mutators, I’ll have to succeed with shitty mutators. Other than that, it doesn’t matter in what manner the runs are completed. If a build takes twice as long to finish a run than others do, that’s perfectly fine as long as it successfully finishes. Doesn’t matter whether the build has to dodge Nemeses in shards like the plague or whether it hunts them for sport, doesn’t matter if it has to kite like crazy or stands its ground with ease, doesn’t matter if it completes the runs deathless or not. Only thing that affects the score is completion within timer. Generally, a weaker build that is slow, fragile, hard to play etc. will end up with a lower score regardless because its shortcomings will affect its reliability across the 10 runs.

Now, one final thing before we get to the build itself. As mentioned in the title, this is a build overview, not a build guide. What’s the difference? Well, a build guide says “this is the way you should build this type of character”. What I’m saying is rather “this is what I did, here’s why I did it this way, here’s how it turned out”. It’s more of a documentary, a post-mortem, rather than an example to be followed. “Wait, that’s just a fancy way of saying you make shit builds,” you might say. No, not exactly. I try to make the build I set out to create as good as I can without deviating from the concept of the build. But the concept of the build might not necessarily be something one should even be doing in the first place :smiley: While my build concept and the in-game support will often align to create a reasonably predictable, almost cookie cutter build, just as often I’ll just be doing something abundantly demented for my own reasons. I’ll always endeavour to explain in the Build Concept section why I chose to do a thing a certain way, but I don’t want you to get the impression that what I’m presenting is a thing you should necessarily be doing in the first place. With that out of the way, let’s get to the build itself.

Build Concept

Barbarian

1.2 UPDATE: So much potential in this patch. To start with, Primal Strike deals more %WD and hits in a larger AoE, which makes the build’s AoE considerably better. The build has also gained a tinsy bit of phys res, though it did lose a smidge of OA (about 30) in return. Not great, given this version already lacks OA and is slotting in Upheaval cause it doesn’t have the points to build up the Soldier WPS. And the lack of points is what hurts this take on Ultos the most. With 1.2 Ultos has gained a good amount of support for health regen. Just as a baseline this build has gained around 800 regen per second. Unfortunately, the combined Savagery + Primal Strike version just doesn’t have the space to build up that regen to its full potential through points in Mogdrogen’s Pact and Veterancy. As it stands, the regen gain is kinda just compensating for the leech nerfs, but this particular build isn’t really getting much extra out of it. The only real benefit is, the build now sustains even when disabled (which happens a lot due to zero trap, disrupt and petrify res) or when unable to deal damage (Fabius’ Blade Barrier, Sunder dodging). Wendigo Totem also heals for 1 % more to aid in this respect as well. The removal of flat RR from enemies could open up some component options for the build to make up for some of its shortcomings, for instance by dropping the Tallow on medal and replacing it with Arcane Spark to improve OA, energy sustain and disrupt res). Sadly, the resist side of Ultos hasn’t improved so there isn’t really space for major armor component overhauls, the pierce, acid and chaos res are just too bad. In its current form the build can do SR80-81 but it’s not the cleanest by any means.

Once I was firmly decided that I’ll be sticking with GD as my ARPG of choice, literally the first build archetype I put on paper as a thing I want to make was a 2h Barbarian-style build. The choice of the primary mastery was rather easy. Shaman is the go-to two-handed mastery and it carries with it the savage, barbaric type of flavour I was looking for. To complete the idea of a brutal melee warrior, Soldier seemed a fitting second choice, given its support for melee combat and some slight leaning towards 2h fighting on some of its skills. Now, looking at it today, admittedly if I wanted to stick very strictly to the core flavour of a barbarian of generic fantasy, it would have made a ton of sense to make him a full physical character, perhaps working off of the Soldier side first with Forcewave, or sticking to Shaman as the primary and wielding something like a Troll Bonecrusher. However, at the time of character creation (this was back in vanilla GD), Troll Bonecrusher did not have lightning to phys conversion. And since I was building the character from the masteries up, not starting with the gear, and the primary mastery I wanted to base the build on was Shaman, I was perfectly fine accepting GD’s take on a tribal 2h fighter and go with Lightning. This left me with only one RR mastery, but as is typical for my character building, I lean more towards fulfilling the flavour of the build rather than sticking strictly to optimal synergies. Soldier still seemed to provide a decent number of things I was after, and given that I soon found there was an entire 5-piece set supporting my primary playstyle, it seemed the build should be smooth sailing regardless.

Performance and Setup

7/10

(DPS is for Savagery with stacks up)

Or not. Now, I was very close to getting an 8/10 out of this character (long story short, I kinda got myself killed at SR80 chunk 3 needlessly by avoiding getting into a Reaper fight I would have easily won; the boss room after was not an issue either). So you could say 7/10, almost 8/10 build, that’s not bad at all. But numbers can be deceiving (deafening yelling from the mathematician crowd ensues; I spray them with a water bottle). Where my Blademaster landed on an 8/10 and I spent half of the performance section profusely apologising to the build for letting it down, this build really deserves the 7 it got. Because getting even just 7 successful SR75-80 runs out of this build is hard work. It could have been 8. It could have also very easily been 6 or 5, and nearly was if I didn’t work hard to save those runs.

Before I get into the why, I must preface this by saying that I’m aware an Ultos build is not just one thing. There are three general ways of building the Shaman side of an Ultos character: you can use Savagery and supplement it with WPS for AoE, you can use transmuted Primal Strike only, or you can use both Savagery and the CD version of Primal Strike. I decided very early on that I want to use both Savagery and Primal Strike and I have not tested the other two variants at all. It is entirely possible that I chose the worst of the three options and kneecapped myself right out of the gate. However, that is not to say that the combined version doesn’t have its merits. By not transmuting Primal Strike, the build retains the skill’s stun aspect. And given the newly introduced flat CDR to Primal Strike in 9.8, this allows even the minimum stun roll on Primal Strike to permastun enemies even if they have 50 % stun resistance. That gives the build an ample serving of crowd control, which, as it turns out, it can definitely use. On the other hand, this dual skill use also ends up eating a lot of the build’s skill points. The lack of skill points eventually forced me to abandon my initial approach of using Primal Strike on cooldown and solving the shortage of AoE in between Primal Strikes by using Shaman’s and Soldier’s WPS. Since I ended up having a lot of issues to solve on the build, I ended up dropping the Soldier-side WPS entirely, which was originally a big reason I took Soldier in the first place. Thankfully Ultos does help in this regard through the weapon’s Lightning Nova and the on-crit proc on the full set, so the AoE in between Primal Strikes didn’t wind up being as bad as I feared (plus not using as many WPS allowed me to take Upheaval which goes well with the build’s focus on critting). Speaking of skills, one unfortunate missing piece that I wasn’t able to fit on the build is one extra level for Savagery, which would bring it from 8 to 9 stacks. But frankly, that’s the least of the build’s issues.

So let’s get into those and stop beating around the bush. Despite hauling around over 20k health, the build feels squishy. It can take a tremendous amount of damage even through the near permanent 25 % DR (near permanent thanks to all the CDR Ultos provides). There is no % absorb to be found, not unless the build is willing to skip on its go-to exclusive skill and take Menhir’s Bulwark or Primal Bond just for that (in which case it’s likely to start struggling tremendously on damage and stun res). Circuit breakers only exist in the form of 1 level in Menhir’s Will, and Ghoul. For whatever reason, ground effects seem to slurp the character’s health like lemonade on a hot day. Particularly so if they snapshotted their damage before you applied War Cry. This combined with poor CC resists, particularly on the trap front, can leave the character stranded in the middle of a whole lotta pain, unable to attack or relocate. It’s easy to get surrounded in a skill disruption pool without a way out, because despite the character’s seemingly very nice raw DPS, it doesn’t seem to kill enemies at nearly as blistering a pace as the aforementioned Blademaster (who, on paper, had about half of this build’s DPS).

This is not helped by the fact that despite having Squad Tactics, Storm Touched and Kraken, this setup struggles to even get acceptable attack speed, let alone an overcap to handle enemy slows. Now, there are ways to get that attack speed up, but all of those come at a cost I think the build cannot afford to pay. Firstly, the rings. Since there are no lightning rr rings, the build is free to do whatever it chooses on this slot. Theoretically. The ideal option is Signet of Astral Ruminations, given its fairly high AS roll and relevant skill bonuses. However, the build was so desperate for any survivability it can get its hands on, I elected to drop all alternatives for Coven Storm Seals, which provide % DA but less AS. Another route to improve attack speed is Light’s Defender Gauntlets, which is what I was using initially. Despite lacking the flat damage that Cindertouch provides, the extra attack speed actually makes them the higher sheet DPS option. And the % armor bonus is certainly welcome, given that the build has fairly low armor. However, Cindertouch provides a good bit of OA, which, given the build’s astronomical crit damage and number of on-crit procs, is extremely valuable. Cindertouch also shores up the build’s freeze res. And chaos res, but I’ll get to damage resistances in a moment.

Another downside is, the build is entirely melee, with no ability to sustain itself or deal damage without being engaged at face-licking distance with an enemy. This makes the issues with cc res even more of a problem. The fact that the build is 100 % melee and Lighting focused also turns the Grava fight into pure suffering. It was so bad at SR75 I had to include Black Tallow and Sanctified Bone to even be able to reliably make it through the encounter. With the current setup the build can kill him at SR80 within two dispell rotations but may Ch’thon have mercy on your soul if Grava is the first boss you have to fight and you have no maneouvering space, cause at times he can have you running across the arena not to avoid dispell, but to not tick down to his aura before you can heal from all the damage you just took.

And then there’s the damage resists. They’re. Bad. Thankfully, Ultos’ 3pc set bonus provides major help in that regard, and for that I shall be eternally grateful. For a second there, I was indeed worried that my lightning res overcap would be LESS THAN A HUNDRED. But the god of storms did come through for us in the end, blessed be his name! You will notice the wondrous pants that I’m wearing. It was a sheer stroke of good fortune that I had these inexplicably in my stash when I concluded that I just couldn’t get my resists to work with Feralmane Legplates. And that’s a damn shame because those pants seem to be tailor-made for this build. But with them on, the Aether and Bleeding resist is absolutely atrocious, and the build ends up with awful freeze res to combine with all the other nonexistent cc resistances. And while freeze (and petrify but who cares) can partially be remedied through the ring components, that would then leave the build short on stun res and drops its DA. So it’s just patching one hole and exposing another. I’m honestly not sure if I’d have made it to above 50 % success rate without these pants. Cause even though we have Wendigo Totem healing us and providing extra lifesteal, and have Korvaak’s Brand for more off-sheet lifesteal, and have Feral Hunger for sudden bursts of healing, even with the extra leech off the pants the build is sometimes taking more damage than it can leech back when fighting bigger groups.

If the build goes for the ideal 2h Lightning devo route of getting Elemental Storm, Ultos, Spear, Kraken and Widow, it’s a real struggle to cover up all the holes in resists that Ultos leaves us with (which is pretty much everything except Lightning res). The build has baseline 46 % stun res from its exclusive skill and it only just manages to cap it. Almost every resistance on the build could be better. There’s just barely enough acid res to not get it broken by Kaisan or Slathsarr. Pierce overcap is too low to protect against Reaper (which is an ok fight anyway) or Fabius (which is a bad fight even without his rr). Without the MI pants Aether and Bleed res are awful. Even with the pants, there is very little room to fix the awful cc resistances.

Oh and I almost forgot about Energy. The build chugs Energy potions pretty much on cooldown, because there’s no energy sustain on the set, the devo route taken doesn’t help much, and there’s no room for Spark on the medal because the Tallow feels mandatory here. If an enemy wraith decides to burn your mana, you better have an elixir ready else that Stormcaller Aura from the relic is falling off (you’ll see me reapplying it at the start of the SR80 chunk because of that XD).

It’s problems on problems on problems. But to end on a more positive note…despite all that I’ve said, the build works. Completing SR75-80 within timer 7 out of 10 times is no small feat, after all, and SR75-76s are perfectly fine. But if you aim higher and try 75-80 within timer, it takes some work and careful play to get him through despite this being seemingly a chonky boy. Even the successful runs often come with some deaths and struggles to still finish in time afterwards. Nothing really comes easily to this build. Other than maybe stunlocking some hero groups. It’s shaky, it requires careful engagement, not pulling too much, knowing when you’ve pulled too much and need to lose aggro, judging when the ground effects are mounting up beyond safe levels, keeping an eye out for enemies that apply entrapment and so on. Where someone like the Blademaster can enter an SR80 chunk against the three Manifestations of Hunger and wonder how much time it’s gonna lose killing them, this build enters that room and wonders if it’ll get out alive. It actually does, I don’t think I’ve ever died to them. But it’s always a question with this build. Will I make it? The feel of the build just doesn’t fill the player with confidence simply because of the incoming damage and vulnerability to being immobilised or having one of its weaker resists shredded. On the other hand, it can also be quite rewarding. Cause when you succeed, you’ve earned it. Not just because your build carried you through but because you played well. I’ll admit that when I played the monstrous Retal Commando it did at times feel kinda boring, cause I was just wading through legions of enemies and I knew I’ll be fine. With this, you don’t know, and that can be exciting. I was never bored playing this build, because the build just won’t let you. It demands something from you. And at the same time, I never felt handicapped by playing it, like I was playing a bad build from the get go and that I put yourself in the shit. I was just playing a decent build that had some weaknesses. And without weaknesses, without problems, would it really be that fun?

3 Likes

Hey, Marcus, gratz on making the Ultos Warder journey.

Few things I would recommend trying out without ruining your initial concept too much (so not gonna suggest the obvious “Spam Primal Strike is better”):

• adding soldier’s wps for the price of 9 points in Storm Touched (one point gives you a nice breakpoint at 13/22): that’s basically free damage for your Savagery swings;
  • finding some trap and petrify res to be more safe of cc-looks, it’s a melee character after all and your survivability depends on your adtch quite a lot. If you are not swinging you are not leeching;
  • definitely change the glove component to consecrated wrappings, you will make up for lost acid res with chaos res and your attack speed will get a significant bump (more attacks, more damage, more leech)
  • Some disrupt res in medal component slot goes a long way (ironically helps you against one Nemesis you are trying to counter with Black Tallow component)
2 Likes

The glove component is a good idea, though the acid res it’ll still cost me will mean Slathsarr and Kaisan will be able to drop my res below cap now.

The cc res I would like to fix but I really like my devo setup and with Ultos taking up so many slots and me having so many res issues, I don’t have much space to tinker. I’ll try to have a look at that later. Generally the way I test these builds is, I’ll do a test run or two and if they feel awful, I’ll fix what issues I see a ready solution to, then give it another go. If it looks ok, I’ll do the full 10 runs. In order for the scores to be representative, making adjustments mid-go is a nono, so any major overhauls mean doing another 10 runs. And a set of 10 runs takes about 7 hours so that’s a major investment. So before I go into making major overhauls, I try to see if what I have works first, and if it does, I post that.

As for disrupt, that’s actually not an issue with Grava, disrupt is more for the Diseased enemies. I never have issues with Grava’s disrupt cause I stutter step to dodge the disrupt charge. So the Tallow helps much more in that fight than a Spark would. The issue was that even with a Sanctified Bone up, I was having trouble with standing up and fighting against Grava at 75-76. It was the Tallow that allowed me to go the distance with him even at 80. So I can’t lose that. Not unless I want to drop the Seal on amulet and put it there instead.

1 Like

I see, well, depending on your resist rolls you could try chains of oleron + bone.

Arcane Spark is just so nice to have in general but if you dodge disrupts 0 is not the end of the world.

Almost forgot to recommend trying like a 25-35 points into Cunning dump. Build’s damage scales insanely well from OA.

1 Like

So great to see someone else struggling with an Ultos build lol. I’ve taken 8 builds to endgame now and my Ultos Warder is still the one I’ve struggled the most to get to perform as advertised in guides. Appreciate the in-depth info and build-craft!

2 Likes

Same honestly, I’ve tried multiple things and still struggle to consistently clear sr 75-76. Maybe weaving savagery would help in my case (but I hate doing it so I won’t use it).

Just…squishy and I don’t know why. Specs are fine on paper (192 AS in game, 62 ish slow res), AOE is great but careless playing even with constant DR will get you overwhelmed in SR. And…Grava is such a bitch ass kunt I almost insta-restart when he spawns lol.

1 Like

Yeah I have the same problem. Just recently switched to Savagery only with Upheaval maxed and it feels a LOT better but still not great. Realizing I need to be better about overcapping and secondary cc resists in general too.

Yeah your Chaos res really leaves you open to his rr, he’ll slap you around hard when it’s up. I think you need to drop the medal component and use Black Tallow there. That’ll improve your DA, your Chaos res and give you % reduction against him. It was really a noticeable improvement for the fight when I switched to it.

Also glad to see your cc res is just as awful as mine (as in, what is cc res?). I really don’t see a way to fix it with what the Lightning devo path and Ultos gear offers.

I also think swapping the ring to a second Storm Seal might be needed to get that DA up. I’ve had some very sweaty fights against Fabius and that was even with him not being able to crit me. A physique dump could also help on that front. Even though both Cunning and Spirit give you great benefits for damage, if survivability is an issue, you get a lot out of every point in physique thanks to the % increase from Military Conditioning. You’ll still probably end up in squishlyville like me, particularly because you don’t get the benefits of the % phys res on Might of the Bear, but then again your AoE is better than mine so you might have an easier time with hordes at the cost of having a worse time with bosses.

Oh and I think just 1 point in Break Morale does the job well enough. Those could instead go to Oak Skin for the res and DA.

1 Like

I mucked around with augments, components and skill points following mad_lee’s advice:

3 Likes

I’m not sure the shift from Storm Touched to the WPS is actually worth it. If I were to take either of the Soldier WPS I’d probably take Zolhan cause that one has AoE. But, taking either of them diminishes the proc rate of Upheaval, plus the dmg output of the build in general will go down because of the missing Storm Touched bonuses. Attack speed, flat electrocute, % lightning all down. As for the Arcane Spark, I think the fight against Grava will really get a lot worse without the dmg reduction against Chthonics, not to mention the Chaos res overcap is now too low to protect against his RR (you need 28 for that). I’d leave the Tallow there. I think the main improvement that can be made is swapping out the glove component for the Wrappings and reshuffling the augments to make up for the removed Ugden Leather. Probably something like this.

Fixing the missing Acid afterwards does make the Pierce res worse but I wouldn’t change the chest component cause that may fix the pierce res but then wrecks the armor absorb, so we’d be better off against enemies the debuff pierce resistance, sure, but we’d be worse off against almost literally everything cause phys damage is so prevalent.

However, I don’t think this slight reshuffle would noticably change the overall performance of the build. Cause the issue of awful CC resists remains and I don’t think it can be addressed without gutting a major portion of the setup. There is no trap res on the devo tree that we can reasonably get and the gear slots where we could get it (such as swapping the boots for Footpads of the Grey Magi) all put a wrecking ball to one of our damage resistances. Oleron on the chest nukes our resists and armor absorb and all we get out of it is a mere 24 % reduction anyway. We can replace the Corpse Dust on the ring with Frozen Heart to get a little bit of Petrify, but that’s a sufficiently rare cc that I don’t think it would really have a noticable impact.

In order for the build to decidedly improve without losing something important somewhere else, I think Ultos would just have to provide better resistances. Cause we’re building on such a shaky foundation we don’t have the freedom to fix everything we need to.

1 Like

So I just did some math (yuck) looking at the resistances provided by the 5pc sets. And wouldn’t you know it, Ultos is in the bottom two. Arguably, it’s the bottom one because it supercharges just one elemental resistance and thus wastes a good portion of the total res it provides.

Here are the numbers for the fun of it. Since elemental comes lumped together on everything except Ultos, I treated it as a single resistance rather than three for the totals. For Ultos I just averaged the ele res.

1 Markovian – 348 dmg res total of which 0 is phys, 30 slow (also provides by far the most health and most armor)
2-3 Ulzuin – 252 dmg res total of which 15 is phys, 0 cc res
2-3 Iskandra – 244 dmg res total of which 15 is phys, 50 slow
Ulzuin has more res but Iskandra has the slow as extra which might nudge it to no 2 depending on how much you value it
4 Deathmark – 219 dmg res total of which 16 is phys, 0 cc res
5 Runebinder – 209 dmg res total of which 3 is phys, 0 cc res
6 Virtue – 188 dmg res total of which 18 is phys, 0 cc res (second highest health)
7-8 Ultos – 183 dmg res total of which 16 is phys, 0 cc res
7-8 Dreeg – 171 dmg res total of which 12 is phys, 20 stun, 20 freeze
Ultos may have more raw res but the cc on Dreeg should push it to no. 7
9 Uroboruuk – 163 dmg res total of which 3 is phys, 0 cc res (third highest health)

However, if we don’t average the elemental resists for Ultos and just take fire/cold as the base (since we still need to fix those anyway and they will mostly come as all ele res, not fire/cold), Ultos has 140 total res, with no cc. Which makes it far and away the worst set in terms of raw resists provided.

Obviously it’s not that simple, the availability of res on the desired devo routes matters, the amount of res provided by ideal gear matters, res provided by masteries matters. You can end up with unnecessary overcaps just naturally and waste a good portion of what the sets provide, etc. And that’s not even talking about OA and DA (Ultos stands out in neither department though). But it’s no surprise Ultos is such a struggle on resists when it takes up 5 item slots and provides that little on the resist front. The rest of the build then has to pull double duty to get that shit sorted.

don’t necessarily have to take from storm touched, could just take from ex Torrent, given its special mechanic means it has limited dmg potential, (although that’s less pronounced on CD primal strike ofc)
meanwhile if Savagery is your main spam, wps is significantly going to affect dmg potential there

What special mechanic? I know it didn’t use to hit the main target but that’s no longer the case afaik.

Torrent on PS is a "secondary mechanic"effect, which means, A it doesn’t get PS modifiers applied, and B in this case has an internal cooldown/limit, “only 1 torrent can be active at a time” (iirc)
*the 1 limit is usually only a big deal factor for spam, but since mods also doesn’t apply, and the WD portion is useless for dot stacking because of dot rules, means Torrent does get some slight less value on CD primal strike too

2 Likes

The internal cooldown I did not know about, though chain lightning type skills do tend to have some sort of a limit so that they don’t bounce over and over between the same two enemies. The rest was expected, since it’s a secondary ability like Brimstone and such.

I’m still not sure it’s worth sacrificing, given how big a portion of the build’s AoE (and sustain) Primal Strike is and how often I’m getting to use it with all the CDR I’ve got. I’m 1 point short of getting another target on it, sadly, but I’m only 1 level over the last breakpoint, so there’s not that many points I can free up at no loss. And every point in WPS comes at the cost of Upheaval proc chance. With Upheaval all it took was 1 point and I got a decent “WPS” out of it. I lack the skill point bonuses on the Soldier side so I’d have to get it all to a decent level manually. If I only free up 2 or 3 skill points, the WPS I get out of it isn’t all that great.

you aint proccing that many upheavals anyway :sweat_smile:

reminds me, Ultos shoudl really be on devils, and you should have 1pt in maelstrom too
elemental storm you should be able to pretty safely have on primal strike

*crit calc is saying you currently have 15% crit chance against trash enemies with 2400DA, less against the boss room nemesis ofc
which means you’re getting 15% hits of 101%wd increase, meanwhile even moddest amount of points into wps would be more than 15% interval, making it probably much more worth, even if the effective wd is lower

3 Likes

I think Ultos set is a relic from the past and needs some fresh re-work. Like Marcus mentioned, resists are terrible to juggle on this set; some chaos res would be nice. Also; phys res doesn’t exist on individual pcs nor is there a set bonus as is common with other 5 pice sets.

Secondly, if you’re not using savagery as a crutch for PS; your attack speed will not be capped. Best I seen was @Slev1n ’s old Thunderbolt Warder build. 193 AS with GD stashed gear. Legit players will struggle to have around 190 with similar set up on Warder. Non soldier builds will have even lower speed. I myself managed 192 but that’s after hours and hours farming best rolled Ultos stick; and rings and so on. Maybe set can get a %speed bonus or AS bonus.

Thirdly. Tone Grava’s fumble pools the fuck down please! Lightning aa builds like this have an unfair struggle against this guy. No other nemesis consistently manages to be such a problem for a single archetype as this fucker.

@madlee I’m tagging you because I’m curious to hear your opinions on current Ultos situation.

2 Likes

looks like a wrong tag there friendo :sweat_smile:
@mad_lee

1 Like

Thanks man! Long day. :hot_face::yawning_face:

Have I been summoned again to this thread? Ha.

Current Ultos situation is that it can be a decent middle of the road build, even able to farm most of the endgame and facetank Ravager. But its inherent flaws stand in the way of it being trully top-tier. We did test Ultos Archon for top20 min-maxed by @banana_peel himself and it was an all right build. But stuff like lack of good passive and active defenses, usually low DA, scuffed adtch because of -tdm% dipping, Grava and his pools make it forever flawed.
And I am talking about optimal Ultos setups that are PS spams (but everyone of course has a right to play how he wants it’s strictly nerd talk)

2 Likes