[1.1.9.8] Caustic Rebuke: 4:05m Crucible Gladiator, SR 90, 34 seconds Ravager retaliation caster Sentinel by mad_lee [sr+][c+][vid]

So the gloves, and actually giving them a component (lol) has helped greatly.

Mine differ from the build set as they have %blocked on them.

Now if only my leggings would drop …

Any leveling tips for this build?

You can choose the path of the eternal suffering and try to play retal right from the start, or…

You can follow this guide and farm yourself the Perdition rare set around level 40 and follow this guide (which would require you farming the Mythical version of the set or a blueprint). Then farm the Sentinel of the Three set or a blueprint.

You can craft a bunch of Faceguards/Judgements of the Three and convert the worst of them to an item of the same set. Costs a bit of iron and some rare materials, but this might be faster than farming for the full set.

I’ve farmed Perdition in 1 hour, it’s quite a common Epic drop to be honest. I didn’t bother farming the Empowered version because the build felt quite strong up until level 94, at which point I switched to the Sentinel set.

The budget build is pretty strong in terms of damage and there are some good MIs that support acid retal. 1 death happened to get myself to lvl2 in crucible, 1 was not paying attention to resistances and the last one was to the Pit in act 2 Ultimate. Got bonked with phys damage, so I recommend avoiding it if you don’t have the Empowered version of the set.

1 Like

I’ve taken over the thread so that we can have up-to-date OP and entry in Grim Tools build database.
Grim Tools is the same as in some recent post but there’s a new video.

1 Like

Hello @mad_lee ! Thanks for this build! I’m excited to try it, hunting the gear now.

Question though, your “Stats” pictures have legendary rings/medal, but your grimtools build planner uses rares. Boots/gloves also vary from epic to rare/magic.

Should I be grinding the rare rings and medal (from the planner) or are the legendary items superior? (since they are the ones highlighted in “Stats”)

or maybe situational? Just looking for a good place to start the grind properly.

Thank you

@tqFan Maybe you can help with my item grind question? I plan to respec into the build at 94-95

Thank you

Hey, trust the grimtools! I will update screenshots at some point.

Will do, thanks!

Thoughts on using these gloves instead? Mythical Handguards of Perdition
And using these boots instead? Mythical Stonetreaders

Hi, zajebe,

Gloves - absolutely not, not a chance in hell. You have to have green gloves with casting speed. Even if prefix is different. Having physical resist in this slot plus a lot of casting speed is absolutely crucial for the build’s performance.

Boots - was using Stonetreaders before but switched to Stormtitans as build is starved on hp a bit and Stormtitans are perfect for that. Plus, they have a damage reduction proc which is big for a build whose source of damage reduction is a very incosistent one - just an attuned lodestone. So again no, but not as hard of a no as with Perdition gloves.

Thanks for feedback that helps. I am trying to craft those gloves to get the same or similar stats and it never dawned on me that cast speed was the important thing. Looking at the medal that makes sense too. Oh wow and even one of the rings.

Would you have advice of non-green placeholders until I can craft/find the appropriate items? Or which stats are most important for the rings and medal?

I will specify it under grimtools, actually, my bad. Build was conceived in its first iteration very long ago and I was absent for from editing the guide because of my ban.

The place holder would be this item but without needed affixes. Because Creeping Rings are vendor farmed and Ikrix Scale medal should be very very easy to target farm.

Hi, i have a question: why poison resist is so low at -14%? Other than that, build is pretty powerful, can feel it even without most components, and its really fun!

Hi, you should press the second button of buffs in Grimtools, yours is probably showing the build like this:
изображение

When it should be showing it like this:

изображение

Which means what you were looking it is the build with Blood of Dreeg off.

but blood of dreeg is a temporary buff, and it has a cd, isnt it dangerous to have such a low resist when the skill is on cd?
edit: my bad, didnt see that the duration is longer than cd… I apologize

No, Blood of Dreeg is a buff that is always on. It has 15 seconds cooldown but 30 seconds duration. It’s basically a permanent aura and a heal button.

yeah i didnt notice that. Thanks for a very fast reply!

1 Like

Consider this a dumb question but is there really no better option than Outcast’s Wrath for the weapon and shield? Is the 44 OA that much better than something like Dreeg’s Spinedust?

Dreeg’s Spinedust is definitely an option. Outcast’s augment was taken not just because of OA or hp but also because of the important aetherial racial. I didn’t want to slot Runestone into helmet (because I want more hp in that slot and another mini-absorb source in a form of Prismatic Diamond) so those augments is the only way to get it. You can also get Coven’s Wit there.

1 Like

Alrighty, hopefully the difference in damage isn’t too significant but it’s looking like I’ll need to use the Spinedust in order to make up for a bleed resist shortfall. Gear rolls came in about 10% under cap.