[1.1.9.8] Luminari Godkiller: Ravager, Mogdrogen, Callagadra, Crucible 4:40, SR 75-76 Belgothian Infiltrator/Blademaster

Yeah, Ive seen it, thats why I am asking what do you think about Belgothian Sigil instead of Blackwatch Seal (better resistances, 8K dps boost, physique boost and nice proc at the cost of 100 OA).

Also why Arcane spark? Energy leech is useless (especially with Ulzuin pact), not sure its worth taking just for 35 OA. Wouldnt it be better to put Tainted hearth into medal and use Seal of Annihilation/Ancestry in ammy slot?

I know this is nitpicking, just putting up some suggestions :slight_smile:

Haven’t played this build but blackwatch has +2 execution. I’d prefer that over another whirling death bonus

Arcane spark because it’s a bitch to switch components all the time. 5% crit isn’t much compared to QoL.

basically what x1x2 said. But just to be clear, zero green setup already has one Belgothian Sigil, using two does not make sense. Stats from Blackwatch Seal are just amazing (with it we are able to overcap pierce resist by 25 in zero green setup, which is important versus reflect enemies), it can roll over 100 OA too.

Energy Leech is not useless, you need both in campaign and Crucible when you are grinding coins buffless, build has very low Energy regeneration, but with Arcane Spark you can get by without energy potions. Seal of Annihilation is not much of a value to this build, because we are already reaching 200% attack speed with Battle Cry and given how much OA we already have shredding enemies DA has diminishing returns at this point.

Oops, my bad. I thought u were using Bladetwister + Blackwatch Seal in the no green setup (thought Bladetwister is kinda mandatory for more RR), so my initial post was referring to using Bladetwister + Belgothian sigil.

Not bad not bad… for an INQUISITOR

Seriously though usually in GD you gotta balance defense and offense. This build has an insane amount of both. And with a set that was originally meant for a different class combination. It proves 2 things imo: 1) VERY nicely built 2) inquisitor is op.

Btw why not bind blades of wrath to amarasta wps? You don’t miss out on its weapon damage this way (and a decent adcth in trash mobs). And if not, use amarasta on living shadows - whirling blades is only superior with 3 or more enemies around. Just a suggestion from a humble follower

argh …wrong thread …

Thanks for the compliment, you might be right about binding living shadows to amarasta, I will try out, it’s just that binding to Inquisitor Seal was with Crucible in mind, a lot of enemies proc it there :). And in Main Campaign, you don’t really need seal that much, because nothing is a challenge there (except maybe grava with his annoying Fumble and Nulliffication).

I find that the seal is indeed best for proccing crit based devotions, second only to skills with bigger AoE like Word of Pain or, before the nerf, damaging auras. Wait a sec, you do have WoP of course. There, I think it’s number one choice for Blades of Wrath - both constant proc and player’s weapon damage.

As for Amatasta Quick Cut vs. Whirling Blades/Ring of Steel, the latter is better in trash mobs, the former against single strong enemies. But who am I to try and tell GODKILLAH how to better kill gods…

I’m too lazy to level a new char just for the sake of this but if you could only undo mastery choices that soldier would go for sure

You can’t bind “on critical hit” stuff to Word of Pain unfortunately. And honestly, BoW are there mostly for the nodes.

first time lvling solo for nightblade and cant lvl mine after 51lvl on elite, low on att and def i guess any suggestions to how to change skills devotions or items(which have none cause all items and chars gone from cloud)? Thanks :smiley:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYKkqBV

First of all, 51 level is very low for elite. After I finish Normal/Veteran I am usually 65. Finish all 5 acts in Normal. It’s a must do. You have to get all the factions reputation before you can dive into elite, so reputation for Coven/Barrowholm is being farmed just by killing beasts/chtonians (you also got to get faction warrants if you have enough rep).

Secondly, dude, you are asking me to help stating that your build is low on defence, yet you haven’t inserted a single component into your gear or used any of the faction items. Like, seriously. Put in some antivenom salves, some Runestones, some Molten skins, like anything to cap your resists. Get some level 40 faction rings/amulets and level 50 faction weapons.

Thirdly, you haven’t even touched Shadow Dance - main source of defense for all Nightblades. Got to softcap it. Here is what I did with skill points, please, do sort resistance components yourself. Devotions are all right, except I would get Ghoul like right now and then move on to the next devotion.

Hey,
what do you think about using Mogdrogen Ardor over Belgothian Carnage? We lose some pierce damage and little bit of OA, but gain +1 to inquisitor and a lot of HP (which this build kinda lacks).

Might not be a bad idea actually, plus you can roll da on it or phys/cunning/spirit. You do loose a bit of flat/oa on paper tho despite buffing relevant inquisitor skills. But as a defensive option it’s pretty decent.

capping resistances and your skill distrubition worked i thought i can handle till ultimate with little res i was wrong :slight_smile:

I have a question about the devotion Solemn Watcher, this devotion requries 10 blue affinities, but as i can see you only get 9 from the previous devotions? 5 from sailor’s guide, 3 from panther and 1 from the crossroads in the middle, what am i missing?

You’ll need to temporarily pick up one of the smaller blue devotions, such as Eel, then go for Solemn Watcher. Once you complete SW, you can drop the smaller devotion, because SW will give you the affinity you require.

I’m leveling this build now, trolls rage or beronaths shard?

I only have chest/head for the set have most other slots however for cheap item build. I don’t trade and play untwinked complete legit, am I kinda gimped until i complete this set? Also I feel this devotion setup is really aggressive, i would like more health. I think i’ll skip Assassin while leveling and pick up some health nodes?

I would say neither. Dual wield cold Shadow Strike for the win. Especially with Night’s Chill and Aura of Censure.

I recommend taking up trading, this forum offers a very nice opportunity for legitimate trade with Grim Dawn enthusiasts from all over the world. Without trading you are not likely to complete any kind of end-game build soon, unless it’s something like Krieg’s Death Knight. However, if you made your mind on playing without trading, you can still pull off a semi-decent build, be it pierce or cold or runes or phantasmal blades, because Infiltrator is the most powerful and versatile mastery combo in the game.

Don’t know about taking other devotions, I never had problems while leveling, once you cover basics like capping resists and updating your weapons and jewellery regularly with faction gear and new drops, health was never a problem. I would recommend leveling all relevant devotions while leveling your character and patching your hp/resists with gear/augments/components.

example of cold SS for leveling? also do i use tendrils or blessed steel for flat -rr? for leveling.

Dual wield Crescent Moon can be equiped at level 50 and can carry you up to level 94 where you can equip your end game gear. No need to use Blessed Steel, just double Cold Stones, Night’s Chill, Aura of Censure, you know the drill. Everything will melt.