[1.1.9.8] Poison Ivy - Crucible 150-170 4:20, Celestials, SR90, resilient Acid Retaliation caster Archon by mad_lee [vid][g3][cr+][sr+]

What are the best skills to focus on when leveling an archon before you get all the 94 gear? I really want to try this build!

Any changes for this in 1.1.6?

Should still be hella strong despite Thornhide pants nerf and slight Bat nerf, so no changes. Will report if I find something thru testing.

Sorry to answer so late, didn’t see your message. You should check leveling guides on this forum, they are really good.

1 Like

Any thoughts on possible BiS greens for this since they were made a whole lot more farmable in last patch?

Hi, I think really good rolled Creeping Rings might do the trick.

For some reason I cannot find the leveling guide and the faction choices. Is it in a different post? I have not played since November and I’m still a little slow trying to get back into the game.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s because there isn’t a levelling guide. This is an end-game build and they don’t include such things.

Thanks.

My apologies. I must have been confused when I read it.

Have a look in the Builds for Beginners in the Build Compendium.

I guess I gotta use bigger fonts for this disclaimer :rofl:

UPDATE 1.1.9.5

• Shield got chaos res in-game*
1 Like

I’ve also revisited this build lately.
Still haven’t tested it in anything but campaign, but I’m sure it’s not as good as your or Mad Lee’s version (but I never beat Calla, so no hat for me)

I went a slightly different route. (Tried Daega set too, but Perdition was a bit better)
Much lower physical resist though.

Not sure how to improve on it :slight_smile:

There’s no version by grey. It’s also by mad_lee. People are just contacting him in the underworld through some witchcraft and posting his builds here :wink:

3 Likes

The cult of Chton pales in comparison to cult of Lee Sensei :rofl:

2 Likes

Top20 builds edition update:

Grimtools: Archon, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.7) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

SR75-76 run:

Naked Crucible:

Ravager 1:17 kill:

3 Likes

Greetings good Sirs!

I am newish to Grimdawn and find this build very fascinating ! Any chance of a newbie/beginner friendly guide version of this? It’s so cool looking at the vines and watching it destroy everything that it reaches.

Hi, Acid Vines need end game gear to work. For leveling with Vines you can go for vitality/bleeding build using Groble Sand effigy farmable off-hand.

I terms of guides, there’s one for Archon but it’s pretty different from this build and it’s melee.

1.1.9.8 Update

Daegga set is here to stay. This top20 beast just got spicier. Check out new grimtools in the OP.

Here are some videos with build’s performance:

1.1.9.8 Retaliation Vines Archon vs. SR 90 4:42 run

1.1.9.8 Retaliation Vines Archon vs. Ravager 1:09 kill

EDIT: Took me like 15 tries to do it, you gotta mostly kite her but I was stubbornly facetanking too much

2 Likes

Hey, nice build. Im coming back to GD after some time and want to try this out - is there any specific reason for Aegis of Menhir or can we instead use Judgement (with Heart of Wrath) for the extra damage? Reason is i dont like AoM that much because the targeting feels weird :smiley:

Aegis is a pretty strong filler for retaliation, Heart of Wrath not so much. Wouldn’t really recommend using Judgement over Aegis on a retal build.

1 Like