[1.1.9.8] THIS WARLORD IS BANANAS! 4:20 Crucible Gladiator 150-170, Celestials, SR 90 easy one button endgame destroyer Physical gunner Warlord

*can a tribute surpass the original?

Foreword

This build is a take on (and a tribute to) the one of the most famous @banana_peel 's builds. He was the first one who saw an opportunity to combine the power of the ranged pass through auto-attacking with huge weapon damage modifiers that netted pretty crazy results that in its turn lead to some pretty heavy nerfs (Banana made the first version of the build when pistols were given pass thru to RF itself, after that a negative tdm modifier was added and after that wasn’t enough pass through was removed completely). Banana did bounce back with a very solid version that still was good enough to get into our top20 ranking. It was one of my favourite builds (that wasn’t mine) to play and of course I thought of making my version of it (actually quite some time ago, but came back to it recently to update it a little bit and decided that it’s criminal that such build doesn’t have a guide).

The Build

1.2.0.3 Update!

Decided to update this gunslinger with more realistic green items (apparently “Vampiric” doesn’t drop anymore) and more tanky devotions because game got harder.

<<<< GRIMTOOLS >>>>*

<<<< old 1.1.9.8 grimtools >>>>

*Craft for freeze resistance

Some imaginary questions again

No meta relic Deathstalker? No Deathdealer pistol with its strong wps? What’s the idea here?
Idea is to simplify build even further by dropping extra button from Doombringer amulet (together with the amulet) in favour of the dps and pass through consistency. 9 out of 10 shots this gunner will lob out many hundreds of the %weapon damage 100% pass through attacks of roughly the equal strength and all you have to focus on is on lining as many of them up as possible. Also Rebuke hard cap is a really solid piece of physical flat to rely on.

The weapon is a double-rare tho…
Tyrant’s of [most suffixes] will do. And it can be vendor-farmed.

Gear/skills/devotions/levelling

It’s important to get those exact pieces of gear (minus the rolls on the green items, but more about it below), but good news is that most of them are really easy blue drops (or even faction ring) or target farmable (and gloves crafts are cheap). It’s paramaount to get Tyrant’s prefix on the green pistol and then adtch prefix on one of the green jewelery pieces (can be even the belt). Either gloves or shoulders should have the prefix “formidable” (can be both even).
Skill distribution is pretty simple and straight forward, devotions are on the defensive side since build already has plenty of firepower but few extra safety cushions make extra reliable.

This is the endgame build. It works as advertised once you equip required gear at character level 100 and repeat my grimtools as close as possible.

Look up Warlord levelling guides on this forum.

Gameplay

Build facetanks everything in the farmable content. Be mindful of the Impaired Aim debuffs and use vire or amatok to adjust your position. Obviously lining monsters up increases your farming speed.
Ravager fight is easy but pharma is needed.
Overall it’s one the most simple builds to play.

Stats

General with Ascension, Ulzaad’s Decree and Righteous Fervor charges up

Defenses with Ascension and Righteous Fervor charges up

Videos

1.2.0.3 Physical gunner Warlord vs. SR 75-76 5:55 run

1.9.9.8 Physical gunner Warlord vs. Shard 90 5:05 run (dangerous mutators/bosses)

1.1.9.8 Physical gunner Warlord vs. Crucible 150-170 4:04 run

1.1.9.8 Physical gunner Warlord vs. SR 75-76 6:51 run (no short rooms)

1.1.9.8 Physical gunner Warlord vs. Crucible 150-170 “naked” extra spawn 5:29 run (no buffs/no banners)

1.1.9.8 Physical gunner Warlord vs. Ravager 1:25 kill

In Conclusion

Don’t sleep (slip) on (the) banana peel or something, idk, I am not gonna write a dad joke for you every time. Enjoy the damn build!

22 Likes

sounds like more than one button to me
:grin:

5 Likes

True, I definitely count atleast like 4 :scorv:

1 Like

Build has 0% sleep resistance, which is a shame, cuz playing that build would make me fall asleep right away

:scorv:

5 Likes

Where to farm that Tyrant’s pistols?

tomb of the heretic merchant, do the reset inventory trick
otherwise farm snakes in the oasis
or hope to get lucky in crucible/shattered realm

1 Like

0/10 build cuz missed opportunity to equipt each of the dudes with bananas as pistols in their hands for the opening picture. :banana: :cowboy_hat_face: :banana:
…my day is ruined and my disappointment immeasureable. :sob:

:grin:

1 Like

I guess the dad joke in the title was considered an invitation for all you dad joke enjoyers :scorv:

@MergosWetNurse this is the best that AI could do

just a hint of bananas in this one tho

6 Likes

Hi, from what level i can farm viper sandspitter ??

6 Likes

The moment you enter the forgotten gots DLC from the viper enemies.
Lowest level guns are 20. After that it’s 40 - 55 - 70 - 84 - 94.

1 Like

This is actually a bit disturbing.

Just a reminder: posted build is an endgame build it means it works as advertised at character level 100 with the gear from grimtools. I am sure something can be similiar can be done at early levels but it will be something different.

You have one of the most op skills in the game Warcry and you are not using it? :slight_smile:

I got a follow-up question, perhaps I am blind somehow… I don’t see flat physical RR if not using war cry or any flat reduction for that matter.

He is using Scales for flat RR :slight_smile:
War cry is not necessary as it only interupts the AA and you have flat RR from Scales and DR from Tyrants

4 Likes

Ah, that checks out, thanks for info.

War Cry is indeed a great skill but in this case it makes the build worse simply because it interrupts our attack and then we have to take Warborn Helmet with it (and then there is not enough casting speed to cast it efficiently). Long ago when I was trying to build my first versions of banana’s warlord I actually tried it.

Well lets see… you get 25-30% total damage reduction from monsters and -20 aditional physical resist reduction.That at the cost of 0.5 sec interuption of your attack? Still i think its more damage and more sustain…

No one’s forcing you to use it in the build, if you think you know better than op by all means use it in your build. But I strongly doubt it’s better.

DR is somewhat out of consuderation because of Tyrants prefix, but as @mad_lee points out, the interruption of AA with low cast speed makes the difference. On another topic concerning Belgo BM I learned from him that the less interruption the better, which my own tests also confirmed. On paper war cry would be better but practically it underperforms.

Another topic is Blind Fury on ranged builds. I don’t like it even when the build is semi facetanking, route with scales and azrakaa feels much smoother

1 Like