[1.2.0.0] Graphical Glitch: Shadows Disappear During Dusk/Dawn

When the in-game time reaches dusk, suddenly all shadows disappear.

This bug happens only:

• if “Lighting” is set to Low
  • in specific areas, like the Korvan Sands

Here’s a 30s video showing the bug happening: https://youtu.be/2pRn5hNLvA4

I checked in Grim Internals and the time of day is 20h when this bug happens. But the bug still happens even if Grim Internals is not installed. The bug doesn’t happen if “Lighting” is on Medium, and also doesn’t happen in the Conclave of the Three. I remember seeing the bug also happening in the East Marsh, but I have no video of that.

Here’s my dxdiag:
DxDiag.txt (109.2 KB)

Related threads:
There are a couple of old posts from 2017 on reddit and steam discussing the issue:

And there’s mention of a related fix in v1.1.9.8 + Hotfix 1:

But I’m not sure if this is the same issue, because the bug I’m observing occurs with “Lightning” on Low, and not “Shadows” on Low. I actually have “Shadows” on Medium.

I’d love to see this issue fixed, because running the game with “Lighting” on Medium is quite taxing on my machine. I want to go back to Low for more FPS.
Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help solve this problem.

I’ve retested this, and the issue persists in 1.2.0.0 (no mods or tools installed).

Also what I mentioned earlier about:

is incorrect.
I’ve recently witnessed the bug happening in the Conclave too, but it was later on, in in-game time. So it seems to happen earlier in the Korvan Sands and later in the Conclave. No idea why.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.