[1.2.0.2] Cabalist fire pet build, no set [HC-Callagadra, Ravager]

Hi all,

I am new to the forum, and most builds I see for Cabalist pet is vitality, for example of Duskdeep86. I tried that build too, and it’s good with 2 Hellhounds but it took me more than 10 mins to kill Callagadra and I had to resummon a lot.

So I tried a fire pet build with high physical resist for pets and my character. Here is an overview of gears:

• A green dagger Korvaad’s Burning-Blade to convert all physical damage to fire damage (this is a MUST).
  • A green off-hand Fleshwarped Archive for more damage, physical resist and CDR for Hellhound (this also is a MUST).
  • Two green rings Bloodsworn Signet with suffix Of the Untamed. Each can give me up to 5% physical resist for pets.
  • A green medal Halion’s Crest with either prefix Conjurer’s or suffix Of the Untamed or both. Each affix can give me up to 5% physical resist for pets.
  • A green helm Spectral Crown for 8% physical resist.

Other parts you can choose your favorite, but the more physical resist for pets the better. With my gears and devotions set up, my pet’s physical resist is 56% with extra 8% for Hellhound (Grimtools doesn’t show physical resist bonus from Aspect of the Guardian, don’t know why). It makes the fight vs Callagadra easier because the Hellhound can tank for a while. Build is very safe with 59% physical resist, 25k HP and 3k DA. This is a HC build, and the leveling is easy with Necromancer’s pets. Later when you have levels and items, you can put 17 points into Ember Claw so that Hellhound can taunt enemies. Here is the link for my build (UPDATED thanks to @fizzo_man)

I haven’t tried SR, Crate and Mogdrogen because I am lazy but the build is safe for Callagadra and Ravager, just remember to stay away from them, run and re-summon when pets die. Callagadra took 4-5 mins and Ravager was easier with around 2-3 mins. Here I upload a pic vs Calla. I can’t upload the other pic for Ravager because I’m new. Comments and suggestion are welcome!

Nice non set build. The only thing that I see is that your belt splits your elemental damage significantly. Since damage can only be converted once you will end up with a mix of vit and ele damage from your pets. Your weapon does not overwrite this conversion. Your dps will increase alot with a different belt choice. Mythical Shadowfiends is a good choice and it is very easy to get.

Cheers

Oh…I didn’t notice that the belt has elemental dmg convert to vitality. I just tried it out today. Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I’ll change.

I’ve already changed the belt and tested, and yes, the time to kill Callagadra has been reduced by 2 minutes. Thanks @fizzo_man! I think it can be reduced more, but I don’t want to risk using a HC char.

Link to the character will be updated.