[1.2.1.0] Exploring Pet Critical Damage: Doggo Conjurer Edition (~4+ million crit)

v1.2.1.0 update. (Skill point update, old devotions… don’t use)

v1.2.1.0 + new devotions. (While effective, don’t use. These devos are lacking.)

v1.2.1.0 Three+ million crit damage version with proper devotions.

v1.2.1.0 with new 1H, skills updated, new devotions to take advantage of the 1H’s strengths… 4+ million crit so far.

I built this Pyromancer to see just how bitey a dog could get, the Dracarris just felt right to use with a Pyro… but no way a conjurer can’t get in on this action and let some pesky Pyro out-pet-damage it… and sure enough this conjurer manages to be a bit nastier than that already spicey pyro. This build uses a Veilpiercer for the 1H for the flat fire damage and a little flat rr. This dog is one point away from a fully hardcapped line. That plus some good aura buffs and decent pet critical damage % (love you always Primal Bond) make the dog hit very hard. This pooch does seven figure hits regularly and in large numbers. This guy could really use a bit more rr (never enough) and some points in BoD would help with the glassiness a bit… but… I want the hardest biting dog I can, so this version is a bit glassy but certainly still SR75+ / main game capable.

SR75 critical attack:

In game stats:

Build link:

Video of pets getting busy with multiple seven figure hits, 2.16+ million single crit:

6 Likes

11iii11

4 Likes

v1.2.1.0 update:

With the new patch there are more points to play with and the hound is now fully hard-capped at every skill.

2.7+ million crit here in SR75. (around the 6-7 second mark, video at half speed)

The dog drops pretty big bites regularly:

More to come…

2 Likes

Oh daaaaaaaaaaaymn!

1 Like

The OG build very purposely stacked flat fire and lightning in the devos, the newest patch has borked those devos. Also, this version feels a bit less glassy, probably due to the higher DA + pet taunt from Ishtak. Testing new devos, more to come:

Dropping big hits all over the battlefield:

Updated build as in pics in this post:

2 Likes

So @WyreZ pointed out to me that Light of Empyrion devo no longer has any value for pets, aka my devos were still borked… don’t theorycraft until fully caffeinated. Also… Fiend and Soleal’s Witchblade… I totally forgot them, kind of a must for a fire pet build (imo). Anyway, I updated the devos, I think they are correct now for this gear. New high damage number. Benny had no idea what hit him…

Properly fixed devos:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m totally into conjurer since the early days and came back to the game after a long time.
Can’t get your devos to work, missing 1 chaos for the witchblade…got 1 from the crossroads and 2 from fiend. How did you activate the witchblade?

Finish Toad (for 3 green) and finish Fiend (for 2 red and the rest of your required green points). Put 3 points in Jackal to complete it so you’ll now have 5 in red (2 from Fiend + 3 from Jackal), you can now finish Solael’s Witchblade. Once done, go to one of the Spirit Guides and put one point in Crossroads red and pull the points out of Jackal, you can now start working on Shep’s Crook or your Blue / Gold devos.

1 Like

Ok… first things first. With the updated Veilpiercer v1.2.1.0 build at the request of a YT comment I did a SR75-76 run. For those interested in that type of thing, my times were SR75 3:04 and SR76 3:23.

Second things second… when I built this guy out originally, the Veilpiercer gave a nice bit of flat damage to the hound in addition to tasty flat rr… now it just gives flat rr (though a few points more) but lost the flat fire damage… that makes it kind of a wimpy weapon for the purpose of this build. But damn, that Bysmiel Mindweaver is looking pretty stout these days…! MOAR damage to the hound? SURE! And, on it’s maiden voyage, how’s this for a critical hit? Zantarin went from undead to dead pretty quick here. :slight_smile: More to come, will do more runs, possible more tweaks.

Whoa… I am still sorting through the footage from it’s first test… 4 million crit:

Against the dummy:

Updated build with new Bysmiel Mindweaver 1H, devotions and skills tweaked:

It’s also interesting what the math behinde those crazy OA values for pets builds, while normal build can stack at most 3.2k+ which is roughly 15% to crit. Pets builds can get 5k+ (with +100% OA bonus on 2300 base + dreegs blood) + other buffs

For case callagadra has 3100DA, which should make it nearly invulnerable for crits for most build (and fu**k up rr for phys :D)

It’s true, the dog isn’t overly impressed with Callagadra’s DA. :slight_smile:

Now my toon staying alive for 60 seconds against Callagadra, that’s a different situation. :slight_smile: