1.7.0.1 Super Blitz Witchblade - no greens, 170 viable (4 buffs, no banners)

Yes, I know it says 1.7.0.1 , I was pretty tired when I posted this :rolleyes:

Intro
Hello. Today I want to introduce my last pre-FG build - the Super Blitz. The recent patch added 25% WD to Blitz on the Mythical Markovian shield and I wanted to try out a build that focuses on Blitz as a primary attack.

The Build

*All perma buffs + Blood of Dreeg up

GRIMTOOLS - a little update, switched the components between the gloves and the belt to get a bit more armor. Thanks to hammyhamster1 for pointing this one out.

Gear and Skills

The gear is pretty standart for a soldier. The core of the build is of course the Markovian’s Bastion set for that sweet Blitz damage and for the proc. Epic Mythical Dreadnought Boots are BiS here, because the allow to cap Blitz and have pretty nice overal stats. The weapon choice here is an interesting one. I’ve chosen the Mythical Cruel Edge because of the proc and because of the 10% to do 1200% more physical damage. Not exactly sure, how that works, but I’ve seen some crazy numbers on the screen from time to time, smth like you can see on the first picture.

Blitz is the core skill that I focused on. And it hits like a truck. Even like two trucks, because it hits with both weapons.

*All perma buffs + Deadly Momentum + Overguard active

Time Dilation and the Markovian set proc allow to spam this beast quite often. The crit dmg from dying god and the the Mythical Cruel Edge’s 10% to deal + 1200% dmg can lead to some huge-ass numbers.

As far as I know, Blitz is considered to be a double attack, so the max damage shown actually comes from the one weapon only.

Cadence in this build is used here only to proc Assassin’s Mark and for the Deadly Momentum.

Gameplay

Put your RR on the enemy, activate Deadly Momentum and Blitz. This combo kills most Heros and some Bosses in one go. If the target didn’t die - repeat the process. Use the Doom relic proc in between. Overguard, if you want some extra damage or some extra defence.

The Build is pretty tanky, but I wouldn’t recommend to face dangerous enemy combos, especially in Crucible. You still have Ghoul and Menhir’s Will to save you, but some extra caution never hurts.

Crucible

Took me about 12:50 min to finish 160-170 with this build. Why so long on a build with such a deadly nuke? The answer is simple - Blitz is a very bad skill for Crucible. It knocks away some mobs, so you have to chase them down to finish them off. The strange 300 angle attack type doesn’t hit all the targets that you want it to. It does always deliever the damage to the primary target though. Also Blitz can be stopped if the character is trapped, frozen or petrified and that happens a lot in Crucible.

And for the love of God Crate, plz fix the old bug, that makes the character stop attacking randomly after using Blitz

*you can see that in my video on 8:08. My character is just standing there after Blitz even though I hold LMB.

Video

Enjoy!

Nice write up Saw. Love that screen shot - some nice damage.

Well done!

Nice! Congratulations on the build dude. I had no idea that they used nukes in the good ol blitzkriegs but hey I guess you have written your own story now :wink:

thoughts on adjustments here ?

Thoughts on this more aggressive flavoring?

The flat chaos present in occultist and that one node on dying god represent a large amount of damage for Beronath Reforged to take advantage of. Only issue I’m seeing is energy problems due to the aura.

I was considering doing something like that at first, but Solael’s Witchfire is very expensive in terms of mana + the Beronath proc won’t allow to spam Blitz, because the mana bottles can’t recharge quick enough. Even with the current set-up you really need to pay attention to the mana level even with the Crucible buffs.

Nice weapon alternative if yoy don’t want beronath. I was thinking Warborn Gavel but looking at grimtools it doesn’t offer much unless you wanna hybridize with cadence.

With that Aeon, wouldn’t it better to max Fighting Spirit than Blindside?

Try my devotion path, may help you solve the energy problem:D. Because Markovian set is ultra tanky, we dont need that much defence
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4qenx2

You don’t get Aeon’s Hourglass then, which is needed in order to double cast Blitz

Blindside actually has some nice DA shred (more than Markovian Advantage does) and it also adds some decent %damage and flat internal trauma to our main nuke (i’ve seen 100k DoT ticks appear btw), so I think that Blindside is better in this case. Fighting Spirit as a 1 pointer still gets the job done :cool:

Yes, there are some epic weapons with these proccs which are quite good. :slight_smile:

Not only you get more dmg but more AS too. Also the mana thing can be mitigated

I tried to make some small changes for a somewhat better Energy situation
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0Dr4EV

Changed some skills around (less in Markovian advantage) and component in one Ring and Amulet. Removed node from Sheildmaiden and +150armor node from Obelisk to the first nodes in scales of ulcama and in harvestman scythe

The attack speed on this build isn’t actually that important, because the main damage comes from spamming Blitz. Both procs from the Cruel Edge and Barbaros + the Dying God add some % total speed and I feel that’s enough to activate Deadly Momentum and Assassin’s Mark quickly.

still, you will get more reliable flat phys damage. Even invest into dying god flat chaos node for a total of 51-70 flat phys added along with solael skill. That’s a pretty big deal.

You also invested far too much in markovian’s advandage. You can keep it at 1 pt. Good way to migrate skills to solael

That does improve the energy situation a bit, but I don’t think it’s actually worth it. The build will still be pretty mana hungry, but less sustainable.

I also don’t get why people tend to overcap Military Conditioning :confused: I believe that 10 out of 10 is a good stopping point for this skill and that adding more points there is kinda wasteful. Am I missing something?

Still, you’ll have to use the Beronath sword and lose the proc and the 10% 1200% physical dmg that I really like on this build. And lose some sustain to make the build more mana friendly.

As for Markovian’s Adv, I think I can migrate some points to Bloody Pox to get the OA shred.

Yeah you can stop at 10/10 :slight_smile: