150+ hours game played - some ideas and feedback

Thanks to the Dev Team creating this amazing game , I really do enjoy it and appreciate your hard work. After 150+ hours game played my town also reached to 1000 populations.
If I may put my two cents in , here’s my suggestions and ideas of the game below:

< buildings and decorations >

1. Prioritizing on walls and roads could be managed by drag-select function. Especially It’s not convenient to prioritize road construction since it’s difficult and time-consuming to click the road build site one by one.

2. Shelters and decorations could switch the type when players placing them. The hotkey may set to Q

3. More types and size of statue(e.g. 2X2 staute) , park could be several types just like garden.

4. The town center could hold more garrisons(villgers) and be upgraded to tier 5

5. Add tier 5 housing(e.g. town manor) , the upgrade requirements could be tier 5 town center , 100 desirability , 4 types of food , spices and another condition (e.g. fruit wine)

6. Mines could be upgraded to deep mines , providing more or even infinite mineral resources. Only the exhausted mineral deposit could be upgraded to deep mine , which need heavy tools and monthly cost to maintain it.

7. Brewery and pub could be upgraded to tier 2 , producing fruit wine and selling them in the pub. The pubs also gain more income.

8. Basket shop could be upgraded to tier 2 , making Wheelbarrow(or hand cart). Villgers may equip a wheelbarrow to carry more then a basket , especially for grocers and traders.

9. Armory & Blacksmith Forge may set to 3 tiers , corresponding to town center’s tier 2 ~ tier 4

10. More entertainment facilities and spiritual buildings.

< Resources >

1. Sand is high-consuming and not easy to gain enough production in late game , only import by trading could fulfill the need to make glassware and preserves. It’s recommended to add the source from sand like traders , or to adjust the transforming ratio between glassware and preserves(e.g. 1 glassware + 12 berries = 12 preserves)

2. It would be great if we got fruit wine , the material could be any kind of fruit or berry (need barrels to produce). Fruit wine may be used at housing , pub , market and trading.

3. Glad to see if we could breed chicken for meat and eggs , and sheep for meat , pelts , wools. Wool can be made into coats to partially replace the function of fur coats

4. Hope to have a way sustaining the production of wood. Putting décor trees cost a lots of time.

5. Armors and weapons could have 3 tiers so we could make crude weapons , add hunting bow and leather armor(just like the outfit of tower guards we see in the game) for tier 1.

6. Allow players to set quotas at storage building , like stocking specified amount of certain resources in a warehouse. Also allow players set production limits for every resources.

< Game mechanics & others >

1. Wagons could show the packaged goods when carrying things , jut like the baskets on villgers’ back.

2. Add the max amount workers on market and trading post to improve the efficiency of carrying goods. Like 4 works for tier 1 , 8 works for tier 2.

3. Wish to slightly reduce the spoliage rate on food and processed food. It spoilage frequently even if placed in brick root cellar and market square which are fulled of barrels.

4. Some end game mechanics. For example , an event of secession / independence from homeland occured when players upgrade the town center to tier 5. The game teaser shows people leaving thier hometown because of extorting heavy taxes and levies from the king and nobles. They find players’ town and try to extort tribute again , then players could accept to pay the tribute money every years. If players refused to pay , the homeland would send an army (with high tier equipment and numbers) to attack players’ town , trying to destory the town center and plunder resources just like raiders. After decades of several invasions(e.g. every 3 years , 4 to 6 times) , the homeland would stop attacking and negotiate peace agreement with players , accept the independence. It symbolize an ending of a game meanwhile we could keep going to play.

Finally , thanks again to the Dev Team. I really love the art style , building designs and environment in the game. Almost none of the city-building games focused on the different types of housing and decorations in recent years , while I found that in this game. Looking forward to the future update.

4 Likes

Some of the things you mention are already being done by the devs.

A 5th tier of housing is also in the works for a future update.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.