2-h physical Forcewave Witchblade - "The Unstoppable Force" (Gladiator crucible farmer)

Not completely related to your build, but I thought I may as well ask this here.

Are there breakpoints for cast speed/forcewave?

I’ve been playing a fw build of my own, and recently upgraded to the mythical stonefist, gaining 9% cast speed, but the cast rate didn’t improve at all.
I spammed attacks for 30 seconds with the old setup and with the new +9% cast speed setup, and the amount of attacks were exactly the same.

30 seconds in quite low time, actually. For example, if you have 180% cast speed, then another +9% would mean 5% more casts. During 30 seconds period, it will be just 2-3 extra casts.
I havent made checks myself, but are you sure you performed all measurements correctly? Try using higher time interval, for example (1-2 minutes).

I just popped one of my timed buffs and started spamming until it ran out. Both setups yielded 56 attacks over the course of 24 seconds.

Now I haven’t done extensive testing or anything, since I just want to play the game at the moment (also destroyed the old weapon when pulling the component out), but I did try the same with around ~15% less cast speed than my old setup, and the difference was quite noticeable. It seems like there are breakpoints, but I don’t really know…

Also, I may be going crazy, but it seems like the cast rate fluctuates during the test :rolleyes:

Hold Shift during testing, to prevent character from moving. Also, check for any temporary procs with speed (such as Dying God).

NEVERMIND i got it

How do I see what your skills/devotions are in your build? Im new, sorry if dumb question.

In the grimtools link, press S or click on the spellbook in the bottom left

Hello,

Could you describe in what order you develop devotion?

This build rocks. I already loved forcewave after starting the commando chton posted (http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49754). The death knight less so due to less tankiness.

Due to the Blood of Dreeg and devotion setup, this build is even tankier than the commando though. And forcewave is so easy to level.

Great job, man. I’ll let you know how i progress on crucible. Still having a tough time grabbing the octavius visor, even though it’s craftable, as well as that darn kilrian shard for crafting the Doom relic. The drop rate on that thing needs a buff for sure.

For any newbies reading this, even without any gear, the skills and devotion setup make this very easy to level early on. Gear helps, but I did the similar commando build with very little gear and it was quite easy.

ding lvl 100 hardcore with this build. fast and smooth, best 2H forcewave variant i ever played 10/10 would play again

my gear as i reached lvl100 hc. very unoptimized as i can’t be bothered to spend more time farming for BIS gear

TY all, i’m glad that my build is still not forgotten :).
Force be with you!

This build is awesome, best I´ve ever played, crucible is a joke with it, thanks so much.

Is this build viable for the end game content of the vanilla version of the game? If so how would the build need to be modified (devotions, gear, etc)? If not can you link me to a witchblade build that is considered “ideal” for ultimate for vanilla and crucible? Thanks for your help!

Sure it is. I’ve played it before AoM was released. I’ve used Justice set, as far as i remember… As for devotions and other - cant say, a lot was changed since, and i dont have older version anymore.

So far this build’s great, already got resistances maxed with around 30% over max, haven’t got all the gears, just done with campaign, now working on farming, I’ll have to look up where I could farm I’m thinking of doing either one in SoT or BoC, also thinking of doing Lokarr secret quests to see how it fares…this’s the best one defensively so far, and offense isn’t too bad, gotta get up OA and DA a bit

nice build but I want to use it for hc any suggestions to replacing dying god devotion with another or still good for hc?

I’m not sure, never played HC mode in ARPGs. This build loses too much of its offensive potential, if you’re going “too defensive” and have too low OA to score crits. I’m not even sure, if playing more defensive will work, to be honest. In campain, with proper gear, only some Nemesises (Gravatul, usually) & “Uber-grade” bosses aka Ravager can pose a danger. And in Crucible, sh*t may happen even in 130-150 waves on Gladiator with buffs, if you’ll play for long… On Challenger, you will be safe with proper gear, though…

Just finished hc ultimate ashes of malmouth with your build and completed hc achievements only with weapon+chest+medal found so thx :slight_smile: I changed last 2 devotion points from dying god to defensive ability devotions, skills and everything else is the same. Yeah im unsure about crucible and nemesises too cause dps makes you survive with this build and going for more defensive build just doesnt seem right maybe ill complete octavius or go plummer set and change devotions to right side of screen that was working for me like a year ago.

Well, i’d suggest you to make an another character on SC, equip him with more-less similar items and try Crucible… At least, you’ll know what to expect… If you’re seriously playing HC, you should ALWAYS know what to expect from enemies you’re going to fight with. Otherwise, you’ll risk dying too much…

I got 55 devotion points but can’t do the same map as mortal combat, what is the route to attribute the devotion points?