2 mods its possible?

1 Like

following your instructions, I finally succeeded, I added your mod to Smash N Grab Unchained, thank you very much

1 Like

@tqFan Ok so question: I’m trying to set Smash n’ Grab as the ‘base’ mod here. I placed the mod’s .arz file in Grim Dawn/mods. Do I just place the .arc files (and subsequent folders) in the mods folder as well?

Grim Dawn/mods

database.arz
Quests.arc
Big Caravan.arc
/Big Caravan folder
/Quests folder

like this?

yes .arcs should be in mods folder but these folders won’t work for sure but I cannot know what to do with them / what’s in them as I don’t have this mod downloaded and it’s no longer on Nexus

Nexus is just down for maintenance right now which is making things annoying. But I’ll try just moving the files out of the folders and see if that works

Bit of a new guy at modding Grim Dawn, but what if you wanna merge a mod that has no .arz or .arc files and it’s just meshes and textures? I’ve seen someone combine [MOD] Hairstylist - a barber in town! as well as [MOD] Change the character appearance patch for Grim Dawn v1.1.9.X(GDx2), but I’m at a loss as to how to make them both work together. The second mod doesn’t seem to work with custom mods (or atleast the first mod), and glitches out the default hair while the face is overwritten. I get that visual mods aren’t the biggest draw or reason to play Grim Dawn, but I do still want a nicer looking character.

I’m more than willing to do the work myself and I may even be a bit dumb or missing an easy solution, but none of the guides out there have been of much help so far.

This seems to suggest the hairstyles (helmet illusions) overwrite the face :thinking: not sure how you’d fix that, probably not the easiest

Ah well, if that’s the case then I’m content with just swapping the files in the 2nd mod. But when I try and use the transmog for an empty helmet courtesy of Ashes of Malmouth, the hair REALLY starts to glitch out and the top of the hair just disappears. If I knew what file to replace and how I’d’ve definitely done so by now. Any idea what that might be?

same on my side, maybe ask the author :thinking:

Alright, that probably makes more sense. They don’t seem to have logged in anytime recently so I’m a bit worried it’s another wall or dead end, but thanks for entertaining my questions atleast. Before I do ask though, is it possible to replace the ingame models and textures like the face/hair mod did, including options from the DLCs? Or is that ultimately down to a Custom Map mod?

but I think they responded recently after someone messages in their thread

Custom Mod is not needed. You can hard-mod the game as in the instruction above, that is

• you copy Hairstyist.arz to mods, rename it to database.arz
  • you copy two .arc files from this mod there too, no renaming
  • you run some game .exe with basemod option

now your mod works in Main Campaign / Crucible

more details above

I tried that before and it made the hairstyle mod work with Main Campaign like you mentioned, but not with the hair/face mod itself which is what I was actually going for. But push comes to shove I’ll try and find some way to replace the Hide Helmet transmog or just message the individual mod others and see what happens. Fingers crossed I can get these two mods to combine right. Thanks either way!

:ok_hand: I recommend asking on Grim Dawn Discord too, feels like more people are active there these days that should now more about textures, meshes and all of these things

I did the whole process but when I run the new shortcut, the game stays on black screen, pls help!

do you happen to be trying to use the x64 exe directly from the x64 folder? because that will result in black screen

Im still confused. But then again my head is foggy because of meds :smiley:
But to be clear
In the game i pick the mod i want to play and if i pick lets say mod 1 and i also want mod 2 to work…
Do i then copy and rename the mod 2 .arz file and pick mod 1 in the game menu?

yes, this will make mod 2 be applied first for the whole game (and Main Campaign)
and then you apply mod 1 on top by playing / choosing it in Custom

also don’t forget about .arc files if the mod 2 contains it

1 Like

is it possible to still launch this from steam (for achievements and tracking of play time

Yes  

1 Like

add /basemods in your launch commands (right click GD steam library and set it)

1 Like