I’ve now managed to put in more than 50 hours and I would like to throw out some feedback and ideas:
- I feel like iron ore > iron ingot processing needs a bit of a bump. It seems like smelting and producing iron never keeps up with demand at tier 3, so I’d propose adjusting the production amount from 5 to 10 (per 5 iron ore);
- Seem token, gold ore > gold ingot processing seems a little too strong. Once you start producing your own gold, it can become pretty easy as you’re never really short of cash. I’d propose adjusting production amount from 100 to 75 (per 5 gold ore);
- I still struggle to get enough logs in storage, even with the 0.75 patch changes, from tier 3 so I think this still needs a bit of tweaking: maybe the work camps need an upgrade option where they become lumberyards or quarries and resource gathering (wood or stone) got a boost;
- Once you start mining coal, it would be good to add a mechanic where you can enable/disable whether homes can use this instead of firewood;
- I’d propose adding a cider press at tier 2. This would act sort of like a park, in that it is a public building and gives desirability bonus and also reduces health risks (as villagers wouldn’t necessary need to drink dirty water) but at the risk of having a bit of disorder as unhappy villagers could now get drunk at tier 2;
- I’d also propose adding a sheriff’s office at tier 2 (sort of like a rat catcher in that it has one employee) that will deal with any disorder; at tier 3 a public stocks could be added to deal with the increased risks of drunken rampages that come with the pub!
- It would be helpful, I think, to add some information to buildings to show how big a population it can service (at its current employment rate and its theoretical max). This would help with determining if service buildings, like the night soil collector, are keeping up with demand;
- Finally, I think a trader needs to be added (or tweaked) so you can sell cows. Cow populations seem to grow rapidly and, although slaughtering is worthwhile for the resources it provides, it is difficult to keep these under control!