A few beginner's questions

Just install GDStash and make them yourself in the Crafting window. I don’t think Mandates are tradeable between players.

1 Like

mandates are not tradeable. But once you get to honored, you can buy writs for you char (cant be placed in shared stash.

But as mentioned, you can “cheat” using the program GD stash and then create those mandates (and any item you want)

However, you will have no real reason to do all their quests and bounties etc so if you wanna explore the DLCs fully I think its better to play “as intended” or maybe that is just me who wanna play the game as “out of the box”? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Medea, I did not know it existed, it’s like TQ vault, right? I am going to look for it now and download it :smiley:

“Out of the box” - I am clvl 51 atm on Veteran, finished Vanilla, just started (a little) the 2 DLCs…time played - 20 hrs at least :wink:

your time is still normal - if you don’t skip that much of the areas. As I tend to make a full clean of the map in veteran, it takes me 25++ hours to reach elite - in elite / ultimate I slowly start to skip parts of the map and focus more on quests.

If you want to make it quicker, it is easily possible - simply skip parts of the map, don’t kill every minor enemy - but if you want to do should depend on your preference how you want to play the game. And than - after you have finished the game for the first time - there are enough stuff to make it faster for a second character

1 Like

Yes, it’s TQVault and TQDefiler all in one; both infinite storage (which you can have open while playing unlike the Vault) and also a character/item editor.

1 Like

On Veteran I am going to make it slowly, but in Elite I will speed it up…just like back in D2 and TQIT days :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you! so it means I can just store items there and delete from my inventory! awesome!

Yes, just move it all into there and that’s done.

I mean I don’t use mods or hacks or stuff. I play game as there are when I buy them.
20h is normal for a beginner, I think my first char took like 70h to get to level 100 because I had no clue where quests etc was located.

1 Like

right, as out of the box is also an idiom meaning unconventionally or something like this…I misunderstood you, forgive me, not English native speaker but learning still :wink:

Btw, I hate hacks. Mods - only the storage. Now, I have few toons from back when I played but I removed them from save directory as I noticed I had few good purple staff in there but … this is a big but for me…these game are for me all about grinding, looting, getting the thrill when I get a good drop etc, so since I will be several toons now I decided just to keep all the plans / recipies that I had learned back in the day and all the rest is SSF :slight_smile: this is fun!

cheers!

Hi guys,

Are there any general rules as to what items to keep and how to set the filter?

I am sstill on Veteran, loot filter set to show from greens up and still I feel there is ao much of this staff…so many greens and blues and I have no idea what’s good and what not except for my toon, physical FW.

I tend to keep mine on Green+, mostly just to sell the majority. Greens are good iron.

As for what to keep/use:

• Items that improve the armor over whatever is currently slotted in
  • …and improve your resists
  • …and improve your primary damage types
  • …and come with + skills attached (for your chosen masteries)
  • …and come with extra skills or proc skills
1 Like

cheers mate!

1 Like

Hi guys,

taking a look at Arcanist I noticed : Olexra + Absolute zero for a huge 40% physical res reduction.

How does it perform on Bosses, the phys reducyion? and the freeze / slow?

cheers!

It does not work against anything that can not be frozen, e.g. bosses - those monsters that you wanna apply RR to. OFF is a noob trap

1 Like

Gosh, thank you mate! Well, it did look too good to be true :slight_smile:

So in order to apply 40% phys reduction a mob must be frozen in first place? damn it, what a waste!

There are a lot of tanky champions, which can be frozen, and where I would consider to use OFF. Also various boss fights include minions, so you can still benefit of CC skills. And if you do not know GD in and out, you benefit of CC skills when dealing with the large variety of enemies.

Likewise for Blade Trap, which is frowned upon, too.

1 Like

duly noted, thank you! still learning the game and really like it, the physical forcewave kick ass :smiley:

But what are one gonna do when one “figure out the game”? Make a new build without arcanist? Just waste of time, rather learn to play with out CC’ing mobs is better in the long run. Warlord has Judgment as CC, and Death Knight has spectral wrath (for CC’ing minions).

1 Like