Act 3 Chapter 2 is now released with B24!

Homestead is like i thought, ravaged ol’ western town.
Your level design is perfect, I really enjoy atmosphere and dialogs, Good work from your team.

But, where are the crop circles ? <---- JOKE

I won’t lie, I don’t get the reasoning behind making items available in the early access game that won’t be available until the game is completed and then has their first expansion…

That being said, I love Grim Dawn. Unfortunately I felt like this entire build was just a time sink to keep us satisfied. I hate comparing games but compare D2 Act 3 SIZE to GD Act 3 SIZE. (JUST SIZE/HRS TO COMPLETE) hnnng I know game difference but… I felt there could be more. Random levels in the Hive, which confuse you the first time and you ignore from then on, because you know they lead nowhere. Imagine if the Queen was down one of those leves but you didn’t know which one. The entire level could have been made 4 x as large and randomized each time, which I would have gladly run through each time (being able to level would be nice as well).

Honestly I think randomization of levels would make a HUGE difference. It’s too damn easy just to run to the same place every time you want to farm. I wouldn’t be fussed if you spent months randomizing cave paths, because It’s going to give me months of replayability in return.

The gutworm cave randomization is on the right path, but other appropriate levels are required with that in mind. Generally not above ground, I can understand that, but paths in any frequent underground farming area, if randomized would increase your replayability 10fold.

All in all, I’m not going anywhere Crate, but I hope this works out for you.

As I understand you are making Grim Dawn to get your company off the ground. You’ve had alot of success and a lot of great feedback. Please don’t let that go to your head. Diablo 2 had a lot of great feedback and look what happened with D3. Please don’t make the same mistake.

Nice update! Gj!

Perhaps this will help, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_to_coverage

I just used the Google. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, very nice to wake up to.

Perfect, I love the ambiance of the fields, it reminds me sleepy hollow (as tim burton view).
I love this game !

Very good job Crate <3

They have to get made some time. :confused:

You only know they exist because people datamine. :stuck_out_tongue:

The level cap at release will be high enough to use all the items currently in the game.

Woohoo! Can’t wait to jump in and slaughter those before me, so long as I can pull myself away from Eldritch Horror (I never knew a board game could be so damned fun).

While being excited about the new content I am also disappointed about the level cap staying at 40. Not being able to get any mileage out of the quests in Homestead really bothers me. What is the point? Even having 2 more levels to increase would make it work. You guys are still doing a great job though.

Hmmm fairplay. Are you able to say what is the highest level item that should drop in 4 player multiplayer game? 50? 55?

What about the level 45 items? Someone was saying It’s purely due to the monster level, so they drop if you have 4 player multiplayer due to monster level etc but I’m pretty damn sure I’ve had level 45 recipes and items drop in single player…

I WANNA USE EM

I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA

Wew, sorry guys my missus got ahold of the keyboard for the last 2 lines. What a baby.

:rolleyes::D:p

Well, at least we know a level cap increase will probably come with B26.

Great works! It was a little early release rather than I expected.
And it was a big addition rather than I expected… I have to translate in a hurry.

I tried out a bit of the early content.

I like the detail changes to wightmire. The stream logs could use a little variation. The lily pad clusters have different shapes but are seem a bit consistently packed internally.

I tried out a bit of arcanist again. I noticed that Trozans Sky shard has a pretty dark cloud. Enemies can hide in it, so it’s not that good to be standing near it.

Awesome! I just complete the queen hive quest. The best boss fight so far! Somehow made me remember about fight with Duriel. Love the lair also. Just one more to make it more splendid: boss fight theme!

I think the faction quest give out the right motivation to farm more and at the same time not felt forced. We will see when faction system full fleshed out.

Awesome job Crate!

Thanks for update!
Optimizations is really matters. Never seen 100fps on DC now it’s a reality. 120FPS in empty open areas, +20fps in battles. Great job!
p.s. Weird thing - opened fraction window or inventory make fps drop “-20”.

p.p.s. Somehow recording with MSI AFterburner gave very low FPS, before it (video recording) has very little affect the gameplay but now it is horrible. Can anybody confirm it or refute? Videos from other games are recording fine. I use Nvidia NVENC H.264 hardware coder in MSI AB options.

Rhis said it’s essentially antialiasing, for trees.[/QUOTE]

Here’s a comparison from the main menu scene (gamma adjusted to make it easier to see):

Alpha to Coverage OFF

Alpha to Coverage ON

It reduces aliasing of grass and trees, increases visible detail and density of foliage (especially at long distances / with camera zoomed out) and improves the blending of overlapping leaves.

Alpha to Coverage seems to require the anti-aliasing setting to be set to at least 2x to have a visible effect. Higher anti-aliasing levels = greater improvements from Alpha to Coverage (comparison above was with 4x anti-aliasing).
(MSAA forced through graphics drivers also works if you don’t want to use the in-game anti-aliasing setting)

Draw your own observations… I was just stating what Rhis said it did :wink:

Yeah, wasn’t trying to contradict anything, just expanding on it a bit. :slight_smile:

I like that the notes now look like books and have a small glow (at least to me). They look like smaller versions of the Cultist Orders book. Though, that too may have changed as I haven’t gotten there yet.

Performance has improved for me, at least in the early areas, up to Burial Hill.

Looking forward to playing more.

Thanks Crate!

No performance gain for me, but I am on a laptop with a poor graphic card (GT 650m). Laptop with a 970m coming in a few weeks, so…mwhahaha :smiley: