Add movespeed to green and purple devotions

That looks suspiciously close to the Star Wars 3 speech, Obi Wan :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As for feedbacks, lot’s of them were implemented and make the game ultimately better. Some QoL suggestions were denied multiple times but found their way into the game. For instance selection of Crucible arena or Termite Mines activation. There were many topics about them but I haven’t seen anyone making topic how selecting certain arena is breaking the game or someone complain from new Mines design.

So feedback threads makes sense and hopefully we’ll see more ideas and constructive responses.

4 Likes

So. Full. Of. Popcorn.

Before this thread exploded I didn’t give an opinion even though I was like “naw bad idea.” But my reasoning was based on the following bias:

Since capping resistances (especially cc) is priority, often times I am left using the same boots, Grey Magi. Spirit, awesome proc, but most importantly cap on trap resist which is the first thing in the cc department that I will cap.

Because the proc has a 50% up time and I almost always have 2 movement skills (class dependent of course) I don’t notice the fact that I am often times running around with 120% MS. Didn’t care.

What I care about is the absurd way I have to cap trap resist outside of these boots or certain class combos or devotions, which was and is a larger problem to me.

To be honest, even though this would be an easy thing to change coding wise, I rather Crate use the time else where.

I don’t have a suggestion. I have only 2 at the end of this games development cycle (as previously mentioned, craftable conversion rings and a change in function to 4p Targo’s).

I don’t nor will I pay attention to MS, why? A corpse doesn’t move.

Do you even need it in CR? The room is so damn small so don’t pretend all you CR peeps don’t fight in the same map lol.

Are you speed running mats or totems or MIs? Then I am pretty sure you can sacrifice else where to cap MS. Or play a skater build. It’s MC, you can explode anything in it.

SR? Better find a way to cap everything or don’t go in there right? “Get gud!?” Right?

Edit: forgot to mention that this thread might become moot since good greens will be easier to get in the relative future.

I always aggro all of bosses on SR, so MS is vital for me :upside_down_face:

I would argue that MS is more mandatory in the main campaign, dungeons and SR than in a circular arena where you don’t have lots of room for kiting anyway. Imo slow MS builds feel even worse in MC than in the crucible as you actually have to walk some distances and slow MS will slow down your run significantly. Unless mark of the traveler or mark of mogdrogen get buffed or additional components get introduced giving some of the green/purple devotions %MS seems like the most reasonable way to fix this discrepancy of speed. I don’t think that’s the only solution, buffs to augments could also help. Options are just very limited for %MS compared to other stats, because of the very bad value of pretty much anything apart from blue devotions right now.

^ have to agree with the dragon here.

??? Facebook experts strike again…

3 Likes

And I think it is dangerous to label feedback posted in the “Ideas and Feedback” as “nitpicking”. It doesn’t give off a welcoming vibe for newer players wandering on to these forums does it?

EDIT: You are not the only one that gives this somewhat hostile feeling. I personally don’t care, I ignore the drama, but others may well be put off and that is sad.

1 Like

Do ya now? So what you’re telling me is that my feedback about the feedback of what I observe occurring every week is dangerous? Frankly this is my observation of what I see go on with many of the so-called “top builders” drawing lots out of a hat about what set, what build, what whatever - that they are gunna tear apart this day or that day.

The other day it was movement speeds day. Another day or two who knows what they’re gunna be petitioning to convince Zantai to just please make their build a little bit better, a little bit faster. I normally don’t bother getting into these conversations. But when I do it’s “dangerous”… that’s cute.

Part of our discussion cultur is that we respond to what effects us on an emotional level… and often that is drama. :frowning_face:

Instead we could promote excellent contributions like these:

There is more good stuff in these posts, so expand them for your reading pleasure.

2 Likes

I like the fact that every feedback thread become a long drama like this. Keep it up, guys! Giving more spiciness in otherwise boring lockdown…

3 Likes

Yes, and I find this to be quite unprofessional and creates an unwelcoming environment. Feedback is supposed to be about feedback and the effect of said change, not what you think of person x or their intentions.

The fact of being a “top builder” should be totally and utterly irrelevant in a thread like this, no?

Yeah. There have been quite a few good posts that advocate for some-kind of solution (even if nothing to do with devotions), at least something good came out of this.

1 Like

Here ya go… here’s my entire quote. Lets get a good view of it…

It’s a simple couple sentences of me voicing my opinion about being fine with whichever way the wind blows concerning whether Zantai decides to humor the topic or not. It’s blunt. Not over the top… simply blunt.

You decided to confront it because you perceived “danger” - there it was just sitting by its lonesome until you came along and decided to turn it into an issue and into more than what it was/is. It woulda just sat there, passed on by the traffic of the thread. You could have taken it for what it was and carried on. Instead you made it a larger issue.

Back on topic again folks. This isn’t about how feedback is given, it’s about adding (or not) movement speed to green and purple devotions.

1 Like

Response to feedback is quite important though. A little disappointing, but OK.

If you want to talk about it then start a new thread.

130%+ Movement Speed is not “mandatory”. It is nice to have and the decision to go for max Movement Speed is part of the whole trade off game. A devotion like Sailors Guide is by design a generic T1 defensive devotion that a lot of builds can profit from and it is not a wasted investment if your goal is more movement speed. This is IMO a legitimate design decision by the devs and I tend to agree with that.

The point that the introduction of movement runes made the game more generic doesn’t work for me because Masteries that already have movement skills in their respective trees now have the option for 2 movement abilities. This distinguishes them from the rest.

Having said that, I’m not vehemently against adding at least another option for Movement Speed to the devotion tree or making Mark of the Traveler/Mark of Mogdrogen more viable options. I just disagree with the notion that every character should have max movement speed by default and therefore designing the game around that.

2 Likes

Is anything?

GrimDawn is one of those games where you can set the goals for your chars and achieve them in different ways.

Not even picking a class is mandatory if one’s goal is to simply finish the game’s story mode.

1 Like

Unless you want to spend your time with your face in the dirt and ass in the air, you better overcap res outside of MC and even that can be arguably incorrect.

Someone get some hard data on what it would be like to do high SR with 80 res with no over cap or CR naked with no over cap. Bet most people, regardless of skill, will be taking a lot of dirt naps.

Again, corpses don’t need MS.

I have to agree with @powbam on all levels.

There are so many options to have MS but the mind frame is trying to squeeze more dps for faster CR clear times. Again, you don’t need to be geared to the absolute teeth to farm MC really fast.

Out of all copies sold, how many of them are actually “pitch forking” more movement speed…bet you it’s barely any.

You don’t need it capped to clear 65+ SR, I can attest to that and I am sure others can too.

So really what is it for?

Again, use other options, utilize greens after 1.7, find something better to argue about, maybe?

2 Likes

Play Pet builds and come back to me on how important overcapping res is :smirk:

1 Like

“NO U!..”

…ok, you win the internet for the day… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

As someone who became a playtester during FG testing partly because I liked the sound of SR, I can attest to this for sure. Have done SR (including 65+ runs) with builds that did not have capped move speed many times. Edit: Honestly, I largely ignore move speed, lol.

Not exactly hard data, but in my experience going into SR 65+ with some half-baked builds that had barely capped resists, this does indeed lead to a lot of deaths. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This holds true for any argument being as the forums make up around 0.5% - 1% of the game’s population at peak hours.

There is nothing better worth arguing for than what people find desirable.

These are the only comments about going faster in Crucible in the entire thread. One might observe that they are limited in number and more limited in source. In fact, it has been repeatedly claimed by Crucible buildmakers that Movement Speed is not necessary in Crucible at all. So no, you can let that argument rest.

Would more globalized MS minimize Crucible times? Probably. But that’s never been the point and it isn’t worth pretending it ever was. The point has always been that there is a stark difference in the feel and quality of a build based on whether it’s moving at capped speed or not.

Edboi hit it in one:

As to giving feedback on feedback:

If you aren’t invested in the topic…

There’s no reason to get involved, and there’s especially no reason to label feedback as petty or nitpicking.

Also the phrase is “couldn’t care less.”

And another thing.

It is hypocritical to deny feedback sourced from the Crucible experience and at the same time seek feedback exclusively from gameplay experience. I have long protested - and will continue to do so - against the game being balanced around the Crucible but those that play the mode are equally entitled to offering opinions on things as the rest of us. It is only natural to offer feedback on what people like or dislike in their gameplay experiences. You don’t see me making many pet threads or caster threads, do you? No, because I always tend toward melee, particularly dual-wield. I’ll write books on Cadence, for example…
…because Cadence is my area of expertise, being as it’s where I spend the most time in the game, being as it’s my favorite skill in the game. For others to want to see their favorite things improved, I welcome such feedback to the forums and it’s only fair we all do the same.

8 Likes