Add movespeed to green and purple devotions

Green and Purple devotions don’t have movespeed or total speed bonuses almost at all., what might be kind an issue for the builds that go for full Eldritch+Ascendant map, especially for low levels or classes w/o two movement skills

Could we have some appropriate improvements?

14 Likes

Yeah, I always hate doing the same stuff for movement speed - Jackal, Sailor’s Guide and Eel. A lot of the times I only take them because of this. Hawk and Wolverine would be good for it or Quill.

1 Like

+1 from me. I have Deathduard Reaper with ~119% ms and Vileblade WH with sth like that. So adding ms would be nice.

Also, green devotions can be boosted a bit with some CC resists like slow/stun.

2 Likes

Yes, this also please (as well as acid gear)

1 Like

Azkara has movement speed, but its tier 3

Purple yes, I’d love some movement speed. Both purple / green and purple / yellow path is lacking in movement speed opportunities. Especially since purple area is still a bit stat-starved. Empty Throne is good, but Owl is something I’d never ever get if I can help it. It just doesn’t provide anything particularly worthy. I’d say rework Owl into OA constellation and put some %movement speed here. Wolverine can easily fit some %movement speed too.

Green I don’t see it as very necessary, it has a decent access to movespeed overall, e.g. you can pick up jackal for 6%, fire builds have 5% from torch, cold/acid builds have to get 6 blue for Murmur, which is usually done by picking Sailor’s Guide or Eel. Moreover green’s T1s are in a very good place right now - Spider, Hawk, Candle are good. Quill and Toad are pretty good too. Raven has passable stats to make it worth considering on non-pet builds, perhaps that’s the only constellation that could use a minor %movement speed bonus.

On a side note, Chariot of the Dead probably needs buffs. T1 OA constellations received various number tweaks over time, making Chariot of the Dead fade out of focus. I’ve been considering Hawk + Panther instead of Chariot even way back on FG release, but now even I have a hard time finding an excuse to grab it. The armor and DA on proc was it’s saving grace to me, but after buffs to Behemoth I almost always prefer that instead. I’m not sure if Chariot is a good constellation to place something as basic as %movement speed (even though it’s thematically fitting!), but if any constellation in green area deserves some more stats like %crit or CC resistances it’s this one.

8 Likes

Pretty much this ->

is a good candidate for movespeed bonus
On the purple side Wolverine could have it

+1

Hate having to go for Blue just for move speed in my Mogdrogen based pet builds :frowning:

2 Likes

Tentative +1.

Whilst I agree that Purple (moreso than Green) could use Movespeed (though Harvestman’s Scythe does exist…), Red/Green/Purple still remains significantly better than Blue/Yellow in a general sense (barring, for instance, Phys builds) and Blue/Yellow having small strengths such as MS is not necessarily a bad thing. Were MS to be generalized, it should only be accompanied by significant buffs to Blue/Yellow to make Northeast devotion more appealing.

3 Likes

Move speed problems may see trivial but it’s true some devotion paths/classes are left dry in that regard. I would say add move speed to Throne for instance is good idea.

2 Likes

Many blue and yellow / blue T1’s and even some T2’s are very much used, it’s just very rare for a build to fully commit into yellow / blue corner, because RIP %damage. Only builds that do that are pet builds, some phys builds and retal. Fire is a nice opportunity and personally I’d welcome tweaks in that direction.

But generally yellow / blue T3s are a package deal, and some parts of that package are just too different. Tree of Life isn’t exacly super useful for anything but regen (ironically I tried it on my pet DK and the result was I had higher hp pool without it, lul). Menhir isn’t exactly very useful for anything but retal (yes, I love those armor bonuses too, but turns out armor is kinda like regen - unless you fully commit into it collecting phys res is better). Ishtak for non-pet builds is…decent, I could see some similarities to Aeon’s HG, but Aeon’s HG is an easy pickup on any build that goes for Dying God or SotH, while Ishtak feels a bit distanced from other blue/yellow T3’s. Guess that’s the extra 2 yellow. Light of Empyrion is perhaps the most reliable constellation in that corner. Also, even if we pretend for a moment that yellow-blue is really four super useful defensive T3’s then the natural idea would be using that on some silly glass cannon build that has damage and OA by the virtue of a combination of some class and set. But the thing is, all the balancing efforts so far were directed on cutting the extreme damage and handing out defensive bonuses in exchange.

While some red/green builds naturally pick up some %movement speed constellations in blue area for e.g. Kraken, Ultos, Amatok, Behemoth, builds that want to fully commit into green / purple constellations can’t reasonably afford that, e.g. if I want to pick both Seru and Blind Sage. And they can’t compensate for these constellations lacking %movement speed that easy, unless it’s a class with two %movement skill buffs like purifier or tactician or Infiltrator.

2 Likes

Speed is still an issue in spite of a large number of craftable boots/suffixes, an elixir, 2 components, and various other items - both MI and regular?

I suppose it could be added as a crafting bonus, but I doubt most would prefer it over armor or physique.

No, just put it on some green and purple devos and it is fine. It is in crafting bonuses but it is very low and they are used for more useful things.

Yes, do that with a Druid and you will move like a snail.

Whatever happened to trade-offs. Not every colour can provide the same bonuses. And it’s your choice if you go for the same constellations every time.

1 Like

Pretty much this.

I’m not sure how the solution is to just sprinkle the same stats everywhere. I’d say there’s already too much of that as it is and I’m not keen on making it worse.

I’d rather emphasize the differences if a particular path is unviable than to just pile on stats until every direction in the devotion sky feels the same except different colors.

7 Likes

I agree with the broad sentiment here, but I think there’s a also layer to the movement speed stat which is different from most other stats, which is that in addition to its effect on combat, it’s also a QoL stat (in a way that, say, attack speed and casting speed aren’t) and not having it is really noticeable in that regard. I’m not sure to what degree the QoL angle has influenced opinions in the thread so far since no one has made mention of it, but I’m sure it’s had some effect. I can certainly see a “sprinkling” of movement speed across a wider variety of sources being contradictory to the design choices made for movement speed so far (and I don’t expect things to change), but I can’t say I’m personally a big fan of the possibility of lower-than-speedcap movement being a part of the grand build balancing act.

1 Like

Mmm. Movement speed is much more than a QoL effect - being faster has a very direct impact on your combat capabilities which far outstrips any QoL perks. It just doesn’t seem relevant to me in that regard since the combat capabilities basically outweigh any other considerations.

1 Like

I’m aware. I wasn’t suggesting QoL impact>combat impact here, just that the QoL part is a part of this as well and can really make lack of movement speed feel painful. With regards to my personal preferences on the matter, I guess I just generally don’t care for QoL collateral damage as a result of real optimization choices. Like I said, I don’t expect things to change here; I just think that maybe a portion of the enthusiasm for movement speed buffs (my own included) is coming from the lower movement speed=diminished QoL angle.

I don’t think it will feel the same just because we get move speed bonuses regardless of the colours we decide to focus in.

And even if it ends up feeling the same for some, I have to argue that not moving at a snail’s pace outweighs the negatives of adding MS to green/purple.

2 Likes

If they add movement speed to more devos, we’ll get closer to removing movement speed altogether and simply raising it automatically with character level. Like some other ARPGs.