Add movespeed to green and purple devotions

I don’t really see an issue with that, but imo you are falling into the slippery slope fallacy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But movespeed is a such QoL thing that everyone needs.
Seru+Sage path is still very unpopular
Here is an example of my sorc. I finally made something decent with Seru+Sage. Though, couple of bad mods, and here we go with 100% movespeed

Answering possible questions:

1. I can’t go for good ms boots like Grey Magi, because -> need to change augments -> get even less HP.
    But you may leave the idea of spirit dump! Pretty much this :point_down:
  2. Can change physique/spirit proportion, but with the previous nerfs, TSS lost a noticeable amount of damage. As soon as it’s not a DoT archetype, losing ~200% damage bonus via physique investment is a tough hit.
  3. And finally it’s easier to give up Seru and go for Ulthos + Sage setup, taking Eel and/or Sailor’s Guidem then trying to find movespeed.

Not a bad idea I should say. +1 to Maya, don’t see an issue with that

1 Like

Different devotions yet most builds end up requiring blue, doesn’t that sound like like the end result is homogeneous builds?

Regardless, the best solution to this problem (that will appease everyone) is fixing how bad Mark of the Traveler and Mark of Mogdrogen are. They are so bad and non-existent on endgame builds no one in this thread thought of them…

I suggest providing multiple forms of CC res. Perhaps 18% stun and slow res? Then people would start using it.

4 Likes

Yeah, true that. Although I have seen Traveler in end game builds, but mostly for slow resistance. % speed boost isn’t that hot and most builds needs Leather to cover Acid/Bleeding resistances or Pierce/Elemental.

Or slightly increase character base movement speed by 3-5%, would be a good change for new players too, as some complained the game is quite slow in early start.

Because

Doesn’t affect your damage or survivability as other stats but really affects how comfortable it is to play one’s build. In today’s meta having two teleports is what really affects damage and survivability in combat. Movement speed still has an effect on it but because of teleport runes much less than before.

1 Like

I’ll probably make myself unpopular with this one but I tend to agree with Res and Zantai here. I consider Movement Speed as integral part of the puzzle of building characters, just like fixing resistances.

I also see the point of idontwannaknow0, though. Maybe Mark of the Traveler/Mark of Mogdrogen could get an extra CC Res stat to make them a bit more viable?

3 Likes

Owl and candle are good candidates imo. Candle got trashed on last patch anyway.

There’s not too much wrong with having to use blue devos on most builds though. It’s the “generic” defensive affinity after all.

Builds that wanna go 0 blues are basically only elemental builds going for sage/seru/leviathan, so imo candle and owl are actually the best candidates.
Wolverine is strong enough due to its DA, throne has insane res, hawk and raven have good OA.

Agree, sprinkle them sparely so it (mostly) only benefits those in need (elemental builds imo).

Understandable, but forcing elemental builds to go ultos instead of seru/sage/leviathan, because they’d otherwise end up having 110% MS max is not the best way either. Imo MS in Grim Dawn is already on the slow side and reaching at least 130% shouldn’t be made too hard.

Alternatively you could also put the MS on the above mentioned Tier 3 devos (seru/sage/lev), to make sure other builds don’t abuse it.

3 Likes

Grim Dawn is a game with finely adjusted trade offs.

Trav%20boon Hammerfuck%20powder

Trav%20Mark ug%20lether

There are plenty of ways to acquire a specific core stat even if your mastery & devotion path is short on that.

5 Likes

Dunno, I use it quite often. Here in these 2 examples it’s BIS imo (although you could argue for Enchanted Earth)

I already have tons of res anyway

Some builds can’t afford Mark of Traveller.

Some builds can’t afford Mark of Traveller without losing a bit of dps from modifying damage optimized item setup.

Corrected :slight_smile: but I’m not arguing against adding the MS, just wanted to be precise.

1 Like

not really, some builds just need that fat effective 40% res from Ugdenbog or even more effective res from Spellscorched. And usually getting Restless Remains in gloves is much more important than getting Mark of Traveller in boots.

1 Like
  1. It doesn’t solve all problems
  2. Builds, that already have good slow res, benefit very little from this component

On the other hand, Mark of Mogdrogen could use a buff with some little res

1 Like

On “let’s bump other stats instead”.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2B013wZ

My GDStashed elemental cadence battlemage in SR set. Green / Purple devotion setup centered around Sage. Doesn’t need much to look decent - just 100 more OA, 200 more DA and more aether, vit and pierce resistance, especially aether. Lots of elemental resistance though, 53% just from devotions, 50% overcaps in GT and 70% overcaps in game. Didn’t turn out to have great %damage either, which was kind of the goal here, could use another 200-300%. 127% movement speed in GT with Kraken and Lion, would had been forced to use Mark of Traveler / Mogdrogen if I didn’t had that and/or used a different ring, but that basically means either compromising already bad DA and resistances or losing 5% attack speed on something that can’t afford to have it’s damage reduced further.

1 Like

You have also low lifesteal on it. You went too much for damage and other stats suffer from it. My version is OK becuase of the tankiness it provides.

Thus the problem with your arguments to begin with…once a stat is available so homogeneously that there’s no thought process involved in acquiring it, might as well just raise the base movement speed and cut the stat out of gear/devotions.

Sounds like it’s worth collecting then, hm?

I guess we should increase everyone’s Offensive Ability by 1000 too cause having 100% hit chance is an important QoL to every build.

100% hit chance is necessary (and is easy to obtain). However, movement speed is merely QoL and is toward the bottom of the shopping list. Therefore it shouldn’t be a restricted stat for any mastery combination, but this is currently the case (at least it is not a common issue though).

Stupid_Dragon Clearly showed that Mark of Traveler and Mogdrogen are low value relative to other components. Making them comparable would be a great solution, no?

In which case we’d all end up being faster than PoE light! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I admit, your version is significantly more polished than mine. I guess going for Crab and Hyriam was a mistake, since I wasted crapload of skillpoints for what Seru could had given me alone, which opens an opportunity to get some other OA / DA constellations too as well as 3% more adcth by picking up Toad (reasonable pick).

Could point out that my version has better passive AoE due to ring choice and Hyriam, but since other stats are crap with bloated elemental resistance it ain’t worth arguing over.

1 Like