Please add the movement speed to Grim Dawn COMPULSORY

To Grim Dawn please add on the Movement Speed for Grim Dawn every Character from LV 1 till end game, is a COMPULSORY for every game need, i have some suggestion add the movement speed by % for every character up LV, and make every equipment drop from Grim Dawn must have increase movement by %, we are very suffering wasting our eye energy and our health on the monitor because of Grim Dawn the whole game character running speed is totally 100% like Snail, i was enjoying this game if the issue of movement speed still donā€™t do any modify i need to go search for another game, please donā€™t let the grim dawn player ā˜žā˜žā˜ž DISAPPOINTED

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure if youā€™re jesting, but Grim Dawn isnā€™t a speedy game like PoE. If you want that, then thatā€™s the game you should play. GD is more exploration, finding all the little hidden secrets the game has to offer and making more characters than you know what to do with.

If youā€™re really desperate to rush about then use the Grim Internals tool. I think it has an option in it to increase speed.

3 Likes

This may help you too

Ok thanks you bro i still on leaning it function of GD really hope can increase the speed i donā€™t expect like POE but that is too slow man sorry

100% run speed is the default and you can increase it to 135% with gear, components and devotion bonuses. In addition there are mastery skills (Soldier: Blitz, Nightblade: Shadow Strike, Oathkeeper: Vireā€™s Might) that let you charge at your targets. If you have the Forgotten Gods expansion you can acquire Rune Augments early on, and some of them can be used to move a bit faster outside of combat, too.

Itā€™s probably an interesting question, why the developers decided how fast you can move. I see it like this:

• If you could move significantly faster, you would have hardly any time to enjoy the hand-crafted environment.
  • Movement speed is something to work for - at least for some builds - as it helps you to evade enemy projectiles.
  • If they wanted you to encounter groups of enemies more often, they could have increased enemy density. (If this is something you enjoy, check out The Crucible or The Shattered Realm.)
  • If you zoom out totally, you have a better overview, but everything becomes so small. That is why I usually play at about default camera zoom. It is not only more immersive, but the relative run speed is also higher.
  • The gameā€™s pace will pick up, but it will be the enemies that will charge at you.
1 Like

Itā€™s not going to change. Zantai will never not very acquiesce such an incredibly non starter. And I would be disappointed if it would but like medea_fleecestealer said, Grim Internals has the option to increase the gameā€™s speed. You need to change it manually in the config file because I donā€™t see it in the GUI configurator

But maybe reaching max 135% MS will be enough for you though. It makes a big difference.

Oh, and you can make dedicated builds with Movement Skills eisprinzessin mentioned. For example

1. this is not PoE
  2. most people like this because it is NOT as zoomy as PoE and you can actually react to and see stuff in this game and the default game- and movementspeed in this game will not change anymore (135% max).
  3. everybody has their own preferred gamestyle and if you want to play Grim Dawn with a higher gamespeed, I suggest you to download grim internals (the link in medeaā€™s first post) and set the game speed to your liking.

Imo GD could benefit from a tiny bump to movementspeed (140/145% max), but with the introduction of movement runes (medal augments) in the forgotten gods expansion the game is already fast enough.

4 Likes

135% is actually a very good sweetspot. I finally took the plunge to dabble in a mod, Reign of Terrors, as I had never played D2 back in the day because the graphics gave me motion sickness. Getting a chance to actually play the story line now but with the Grim Dawn engine has mostly been awesome.

Except the movement speed. Iā€™m not even TRYING to cap out my movement speed and between devotions and the specific skills I chose and the plethora of movement speed on the items they have in the game Iā€™m at about 163% and I am going to have to try to get ready of some of the gear because itā€™s triggering the motion sickness.

Instead, add to game speed every level so that at level 100 the game is running 1000% faster.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to say: Make the goddamn thing even Blizzard North couldnā€™t make; add a camel to the forgotten gods expension, with an option of one or two humps on its back.

1 Like

All I can say is - Forgotten Gods secret quest on Ultimate.

2 Likes

I would have said ā€œor Moose Mountsā€, but apparently Blizzard did end up adding them to WoW long after I stopped playing it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.