Another Question(s) on Damage Conversion

Just a quick one here (actually, a quick 2 questions).

I have a pretty good understanding of how damage conversion works, on the whole.

However, I noticed that my Tactician’s Cadence skill was listing a small amount of Pierce Damage, despite having 100% Pierce to Physical via 2x Havocs (just the 1 mythical ATM until I find another).

This got me curious. How can that be so? My understanding is that damage conversion is universal on all flat sources!

Is there some source of damage that escapes conversion? Is this a “glitch” of damage listing? Does damage conversion also work on augments? (I have Hammerfall Powder on one of my rings, providing a flat 10 Pierce Damage, in addition to other various sources of flat Pierce).

Secondly and lastly, I’ve been curious about “Armour Piercing” conversion. I’m planning on building a character utilizing Mythical Silverbolt (which I have found 2 of so far, but NOT the base version!), which comes with 100% Armour Piercing. My understanding is that this will convert the weapon’s base physical damage to pierce, but it also works on skills with a %Weapon Damage component.

So for example, I found an older thread which showed that a skill like Forcewave, which includes %Weapon Damage and flat Physical Damage, will convert all that flat Physical Damage to Pierce if you are at 100% Piercing.

However, I wondered if this also worked on the following: Auto-Attack Replacers (e.g. Cadence) and Weapon Pool Skills (e.g. Bursting Round)?

Many thanks
ElP

Grim Tools please

My guess is you just have some conversion from
X -> Pierce where X is probably not Physical
and that’s why this Pierce is not converting (because it’s already been)

2 Likes

Can also be due to rolls on the conversion on the guns. The average roll is 45% conversion. Are you really sure you have 100%?

Corpse dusts and antivenom salves :thinking:

Yes but not for cadence because the cadence hit can not proc WPS

But other Default attacks like savagery etc conversions will also convert WPS

Hmmm… I don’t see any X -> Piercing items on his char…

Oleron instead of Aura of conviction? Should alreadu have good +%OA from the Havoc modifiers to Word of renewal.

Must not f… fix other players builds whey they don’t ask for it :rofl:

1 Like

Can’t … resist… :sweat_smile:

Here you go

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDrnR82

Believe it or not, that’s the first time I’ve ever input a character into Grim Tools :sweat_smile: (as in, with items) It was funner than I expected! Still time consuming though, and for that reason I’ve just input items + devotions and not the other stuff.

Note that one Havoc actually has 51% and the other 49%. So that should be a perfect 100%, no?

P.S. What’s wrong with Antivenom and Corpse Dust? :sweat_smile: I love health regen, but I’m probably the only one round here who does. :wink:

P.P.S I’ve gone for Oleron instead of Conviction since it’s the more offensive of the two, with % OA and Internal Trauma Damage.

I will also swap to Doom relic once I’ve managed to craft it, but I will miss Oleron’s Wrath’s flat OA boost, and will likely swap out the Vicious Jawbone in my medal for something that gives OA (Arcane Spark I think it is)

Have you 2 disappeared

Just come here [edit] checking Grim Tools atm
another thought maybe 49 + 51 doon’t add up to 100% but to 99.98% you know

Maybe GDStash higher conversion weapon and check and I’ll look at the link now.

1 Like

yes I was thinking this - it must not be additive

i.e., it takes the biggest one and then applies the smaller %s to it?

I think it’s additive it’s just due to the way computation is performed maybe it’s not quite there at 100%.

Definitely GDStash higher conversion weapon and check if it’s changing. Best if you GDStash just

1% more on one or the other.

1 Like

Must be. I reckon the best way to try is to equip a Havoc that takes it over 100% and see what happens… I’ll see what I have in my Stash, and get back to you guys later.

I’d GDstash 50% (pair it with 51%) conv gun or 52% (pair it with 49%) or maybe copy one of the guns best if you confirmed that it disappears at 101% although it’s not that important I guess because it must be additive.

1 Like

Aura of conviction has flat OA, and phys res and flat pierce that you convert to armor pass through

It is additive but there can be rounding issues

Believe it or not, but I have a life. This is not discord or a chat group, this is a forum.

It is only around 600 - 700 hp / s which is nothing. Those who aim for hp regen goes for at least 2k.

I believe you. You have been around for longer time than me but still don’t know that you can actually upload your char save file to grim tools :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Forgive my ignorance, but how does the flat Pierce Damage convert to “armor pass through”? Surely it just converts to flat Physical Damage, which is resisted by enemy armour? This is why I went for Oleron and the Internal Trauma (with advice from these forums if I recall correctly).

Yeah must be

Sorry :innocent:

Yes, but it all feeds into Tree of Life, which has big uptime and is close to 2k. You can definitely feel the difference, on top of ADctH, and obviously it heals when moving. I like it!

It will detect all the skills & items etc?

Not worth it. You still stand on inqusitor seal.

Yes. The only thing it can not account for is the roll on the gear, it always show average rolls.

Damage type X converted to physical damage will ignore armor.

Whhaaat? Are you sure? How do I not know this? How was I supposed to know this?

I am sure, people incudling myself has tested this and is also confirmed by the devs.

No idea how you were supposed to know this but you have been here for like 4 years :slight_smile:

Well, you have to understand that I am low-key player, almost lurker. I started the game back in 2016 but stopped in 17 and returned to it last year. Which was actually a good move since I returned to the game in its complete, best form :slight_smile:

As for the physical, I am having a hard time believing this. How can it be so? It makes no sense!