• 27d read time

• 4d recent read time

• 5.4k topics viewed

• 53.0k posts read

knew

See the difference? :rofl:
Basically

• noob
  • not_longer_a_noob (Normal player, Forcewave leveler)
  • pro (Veteran player)
2 Likes

TQFan, tell me it is not so. X damage converted to physical ignores armour? It cannot be!

See ya back at 50k posts and 5k threads read, noobs

1 Like

You Forgot

tqFan - GDstashes all his builds with impossible rolls :smiley:

ulvar - plays SSF with scrap

Ulvar still only has 50% less likes received than pro-TqFan :smiley: Good ratio!

1 Like

Why has this suddenly become a pissing contest? :thinking:

2 Likes

:rofl: I needed to explain you how you get to know these things.

2 Likes

I don’t know, but it can stop right now, thanks.

1 Like

Because when damage gets converted to physical, it gets color like pee. e.g. physical doom bolt, AAR and devestation :smiley:

Can you help out with the real question, why does X damage converted to physical damage ignore armor?

adonbilivit

So you want me to find the proofs that X damage converted to physical damage ignores armor AND that physical doom bolt, AAR and devastation changes color to pee? Lurk around and google and you will find it.

just this one, thank you :sweat_smile:

Why, you don’t believe me? :thinking:

It’s not that I don’t believe you, it’s that the concept is virtually unbelievable. I need TQFan to confirm

This was the first hit I got on google Question about converted physical damage ignores armor when I searched for “grim dawn damage converted to physical ignores armor”

Very useful website that google thingy

Nope, because I don’t understand the game mechanics. Does this help?

https://www.grimdawn.com/guide/gameplay/combat/#q21

It is arcane knowledge. How does a chicken know how to lay an egg? It just knows by virtue of being a chicken. How do pro GD 1337 players like us know that damage converted to phys ignores armor? We just know by virtue of being pro gamers.

Brb, gotta go lay an egg

4 Likes

Adding to what some people have said here, converted Physical damage ignoring armour is a relatively recent discovery. It was found out sometime last year after Forgotten Gods was released by the community I want to say?

Even years after the game’s released the community is still finding and discovering new mechanics to the game. No one expects you or anyone to know about this arcane knowledge intrinsically, the only way we players learn about it is from people running tests or modders looking into the game’s data as far as we can (as we don’t have access to the full source code of the game). and sharing information with each other.

I knew about it way before FG was out, by playing beronath death knight build. I miss those days, I think the game was at its peak. FG just added bloatedness and broken retaliation damage added to attack :smiley:

Thinking about it, you’re right, Beronath Death Knight was a thing back then :thinking:. Maybe it was mid-to-late Ashes of Malmouth.

Forgotten Gods definitely highlighted it though with converted Physical Retaliation damage.