Anyone know the percentages on dismantling epics and getting the purple components?

I’m just wondering if I should be bothering dismantling epics at all. I saw someone say at some point it was a 1/5 chance but for me it seems like a 1/25 chance. (I have notoriously atrocious luck.) So does anyone know for sure?

2% from Rares, 25% from epics (1/4, not 1/5), 50% from legendaries.

3 Likes

Thank you. Does it matter what level the item is as well? Like is there lower chances for lower level items? (Also wow I have atrocious luck then with dismantling.)

I believe there is no difference for the item level. I personally almost always dismantle epic and legendary between level 0-82 and any excess item with low roll

1 Like

you know if materials are weighted equally, or equally within their “class” eg base mats vs expansion mats.
because really seems like i’m getting way way more bloods and brains than anything else, in that order too :sweat_smile:

1 Like

ahh, Mamba’s note on level switch could explain it as i tend to do most of my dismantling below lvl 90 :thinking:

Right. And I do that only after hiting 100 - even when I didn’t know for sure player level is factored in… Guess it’s just a habit from Diablo 2 where character’s level actualy matters in crafting and all that stuff.

Also yeah, forgot to mention that my data matches exactly what Asylum101 wrote about 50% for legendaries.