(April Fools!) Grim Dawn V4.1.1.7 Preview

In case you missed our very exciting 04/01/17 patch notes, you can see them below!

Enjoy!

V4.1.1.7

[Major New Features]

• New dialog options have been added for all major bosses allowing you to talk about their troubled pasts, explore the traumatic events and feelings that led them to become bosses, potentially leading to a non-violent resolution.
  • The bridge leading south out of Devil’s Crossing can now be restored, granting you access to a mysterious mirror image of the original Grim Dawn world where all enemies have grown sinister goatees.
  • Upon character creation, you can now select whether your character has been possessed by an Aetherial or if it was really all just a bad dream.

[Crucible]

• Waves 151-500 have been added, unlocked by defeating the Lokarr in an intense dialogue exchange.
  • Tributes can now be spent to purchase additional character slots.
  • Fixed a bug where Wave 150 did not consistently spawn 5 Iron Maidens.

[Mod Tools]

• Modding Tools can now support Modding Tools Mods, so you can modify the tools to modify the game however you like, offering unparalleled customization.

[Art]

• Updated all skill fx with extra lens flares.
  • Fixed an issue where some armor had colors other than grim grey, grim brown or grim black.
  • To fit the dark theme of Grim Dawn better, it now rains perpetually in the middle of the night in all parts of the game, including caves.

[Animation]

• Increased monster ragdolling by 1000%

[Game]

• Gazerman now gazes at you at all times as you play, but always just off camera.
  • Nemesis monsters will now pursue your character into the main menu.
  • The Avatar of Mogdrogen now summons Clones of John Bourbon.
  • Constitution now actively drains while the character moves, attacks or speaks to NPCs. If it reaches zero, the character starves to death.
  • Untouched meals now have a random change to belong to one of the NPC factions and eating it will reduce your standing with that faction.
  • Increased consequences from Choice and Consequence quests by 22.3%.
  • Starting a character in Hardcore Mode now requires the player to defeat their previous Hardcore characters. There can only be one…
  • Cronley’s outlaws now taunt the player 50% more frequently. Hey you!
  • Skeleton Keys can now open any door so long as the key fits inside the lock.

[Itemization]

• Two Handed Weapons can now use up to 3 Components.
  • Components can no longer be applied to weapons.
  • Ancient Hearts, Blood of Ch’thon and Tainted Brain Matter can no longer drop and are instead crafted from Manticore Eyes.
  • Chipped Claws are now extra chipped and require 10 partial Components to assemble.
  • Legendary Items have been rebalanced to provide more Spirit and Cunning rather than the comparably uninteresting attributes such as Offensive Ability, Resist Reduction and Health.
  • Monster Infrequents seem to be dropping a little too often. Rather than reducing their drop rates we have simply renamed them to Monster Frequents.
  • Mythical Relics have been removed from the game in order to maintain their mythical status.

[Class & Skills]

• Due to significant class changes, players must now go through a 6 hour training session with Sahdina the Spirit Guide before they can select their first skill point.

Devotion

• Celestial Power activation chance now scales with the monetary donations you make to the respective celestial being.
  • Devotion Shrines are now gluten free.

Soldier

• Cadence % Weapon Damage has been increased to 10000%, but now requires 100 charges to trigger.
  • Increased the force applied by Forcewave.
  • Counter Strike now toggles an FPS mode. You must have a ranged weapon equipped.
  • Scars of Battle now increases ruggedness by 50%.

Demolitionist

• Due to balance concerns, the Demolitionist Mastery has been removed. Any characters currently using the Demolitionist Mastery will be compensated 1000000 iron bits for the loss of skills.

Occultist

• Hellhounds now scale with the player’s feelings.
  • Summon Familiar now destroys walls with its basic attack.
  • Doombolt now informs your target of the exact moment they will die.
  • Possession now disables control of your character until it expires.

Nightblade

• Phantasmal Blades now pass through ghosts.
  • Pneumatic Breath must now be recast regularly to prevent suffocation.
  • Shadow Strike cooldown has been removed, but the ability now only functions when standing in a shadow.
  • Anatomy of Murder now requires a medical degree.

Arcanist

• Aether Ray now requires 5 episodes to charge up.
  • Devastation now requires a staff to cast.
  • Olexra’s Flash Freeze now deals bonus damage to nearby plants.
  • Reckless Power now has a 25% chance to explode your character instantly.

Shaman

• Increased Devouring Swarm hunger by 25%.
  • Torrent now also cascades to the primary target, the player and any nearby metal objects.
  • Wind Devil can now only be cast in low air pressure environments.
  • Mogdrogen’s Pact now requires Mogdrogen’s permission to activate.

:smiley:

Ashamed to say it took some reading before I realized what’s going on

Title alone should have tipped me off

Sounds legit :stuck_out_tongue:

For some reason this one made me lol :slight_smile:

Happy fooling :slight_smile:

“Hellhounds now scale with the player’s feelings.”

Ahahaha

Them feels- Hellhound knows, Hellhound remembers

I wouldn’t put it past the OP if there was at least one change in there that they really plan to implement.

I never knew devotion shrines were edible, or maybe they were just driving away health freaks and forcing them to play the game without devotions.

Almost got me :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahah nice!

Does it require to have Titan Quest installed?

[/li]Good change, can’t wait to see it implemented.

Demolitionist

[li]Due to balance concerns, the Demolitionist Mastery has been removed. [/li]
:mad:

am willing to pay for all these to be implemented!:rolleyes:

Nerfs, nerfs and more nerfs. And weren’t we meant to be getting the Necromancer this patch?

#lazydevs

Hilarious. :stuck_out_tongue:

You just had to nerf Demolitionist out of existence.

Worst. Update. Ever.

I was going to quote just one line that i found funny, but after reading everything, i would have to quote the whole thing. Funny as hell, gave me a good laugh. :smiley:

Thanks

Lol, Zantai, nice! You should do more of that stuff, really.:slight_smile:

AHEM

I can’t see how developers making distracting posts helps. It’s probably to distract the players from THE TRUE version π of Grim Dawn. However, I managed to hack repalootez’s rig which was used to hack Crate’s rigs and here’s what they’ve really been up to…

Steampunk is forbidden, because they’re going for haypunk instead. Here, a nasty crash just in front of a hay station. The road is closed and the players will have to brave the stroll through a sunny park if they are to reach Ulgrim’s in-laws in time.

They’ve also been messing around with constitution, the stash and farming. Here is a decrypted excerpt of a pitch of those new planned features:

[i]HARDCORE ARPG - HARDCORE FARMING

Upon completing the main game in each difficulty, the player will be presented with the concept of Hardcore Farming.
Crafting will allow for farming tools, made from scrap. With these tools the Survivors of Devil's Crossing will plow fields
on the Outskirts of Burrwitch. Then, through traditional boss farming, the player will step up to Hardcore Farming.
If the player wants to do so, they can get involved in cultivation personally, using their items to accelerate growth.
For example, one can farm for Sulfur and then proceed to dust their tomatoes. However, beware adventurous farmer. HARDCORE
FARMING will not allow for casual situations. Dust your tomatoes with sulfur under a scorching sun and kiss them bye-bye.
Spray it as a water-based solution and risk the evening rain washing it away. Choice and consequence is a basic pillar of
the whole system, encouraging responsible decision making.

Upon harvesting their first high-demand crops, the players can decide to either min-max through mono-culture, or pursue
more diverse building through livestock. Livestock will require at least one up-and-running field of edible quality of food.
Corn is a good choice for breeding poultry for example, while cows may not manage to live on weeds from your fields alone.

Congratulations! Your first harvest is a success, but don't think things will always be easy. Did you know Manticores love
cattle? Have you ever seen a pestilent swarm drunk by the sweet juice of grapes? You'd better protect your farms, noble
adventurer, either by your own prowess, or by conscript guards among the Survivors. After all, a hero can't work the fields
all day now, can he? But if you expect someone else to do the job for you, at least give them all the tools they need. The
player can outfit their guards and farmers with better equipment, so that cultivation can smoothly progress without the need
for supervision.

TRULY SHARED STASH - FACTION STANDING

Are you happy with how shared stash works? No? I thought so! Did I hear a yes? It must always be about your characters, must it
not, o selfish veteran? How can one say that a stash is shared when only protagonists have access to it?

Truly Shared Stash comes to the rescue, in conjunction with Faction Standing. With the implementation of Hardcore Farming, NPCs
working on your fields as fieldhands or guards will borrow things from the Truly Shared Stash. Faction Standing determines if
they return what they borrowed. Highest standings (friend) will increase the chance of their NOT returning borrowed things to the
Truly Shared Stash. In other words, worthy adventurer, keep what you value most in your backpack, or outfit your people in such
manner that they will not envy your belongings.

NEW GAMEPLAY MECHANIC - CONSTIPATION

When meat is finally produced, a new mechanic is unlocked. Constipation. Constipation is a measure of how much meat your character
can safely eat, before becoming pinned to an outhouse. Constipation will work on a sliding scale from -100% to 100%, defaulting
to 0. When fully constipated, your character will receive 100% increased entrapment duration from outhouses, for each point of
constipation. Characters will fumble all attacks when they have a clear LoS to an outhouse, in which case they will have to just
go inside and receive the entrapment, risking getting swarmed out of the door. Enemies waiting outside the outhouse's door receive 
a buff of total damage% for each second they spent waiting. When your character reaches -100% constipation, a passive debuff 
"Pants Down" will be applied to the player, stopping them on the spot and reducing all resistances by 90%. It is also worth
mentioning that during "Pants Down", belts and leg armor are unequipped.

Products from farms will play a vital role to regulating constipation, be they meat or vegetables. Choose wisely.

An interesting side-effect of the new Constipation mechanic will be random summons. Yes, you heard right.
It has been established that in aRPGs, during the so-called "End-Game" players are often hit with a feeling of loneliness and
nostalgia. The "lonely at the top" syndrome, as others say. Heroes reach a god-like status where they can't be challenged
by anything in the world of the game. The player recalls all those memories of low-level struggles and compares them to the
current all-powerful state, and eventually feels loneliness and futility. "I made it to the top alone struggling and grunting,
and now that I am there, there's no-one to share my joy with." This is gamebreaking, and where constipation kicks in for immediate
relief, with...

Turd Summons

Turds will be summoned at random when your constipation resides between -80% and 80% What? No, sir, of course they can't move.
They can however emit their properties in an AoE, AND assume the properties of the constipation value that spawned them. For
example, a turd that was summoned when the player character had 70% constipation and had eaten peppers to replenish their
constitution will feature a %physical damage resistance bonus and fire damage. On the opposite end, a -70% turd spawned under the
effects of oranges, lemons and chocolate milk will feature a %chance to knock down opponents and will do acid damage.
While turds cannot be relied upon for power gaming, they provide an emotional catharsis, as they break the previously
discussed negative feelings, presenting the player with a pleasant distraction, while also buffing them by a small degree.
They also give a whole new meaning to the phrases "keep your shit close", "he wrecked my shit".[/i]

Lastly, in a folder named XPAC_MOTIVATION I found this mysterious picture under the file name “POSTXPAC_ROADMAP”.

NOW YOU KNOW!:smiley:

Super LoL at Aether Ray changes.

And yet the beam attacks never needed a charge up time in that show.