Armor vs Phys res

Raise the Dead actually applies RR much better than Elemental Storm because it’s 6 skeletons applying it. Plus the nodes in Revenant are leagues above Crown, Crown’s nodes are actually very mediocre.

Aether/lighting conversion also make skeles hit hard as heck

Regarding SoTH - aether/lightning conversion, OA, 180% lightning damage, Increased lightning res. Yes. It’s really good.

Phenomenal source of sustain too.

Arent those skellies dropping like flies drom any sneeze? Anyway, RR doesnt stack, so it doesnt matter, whether it’s 6 skellies applying RR, or just one, it wont go above 25. And an extra 7% RR is worth something like 200% increased damage or so. At that point “a bit better nodes” dont really matter, i think.
BTW, why dont get Korvaak?

Nope, they are actually very durable, even on high SR.

Revenant nodes have health, ADCTH, attack/cast speed, 15% undead damage, less damage from undead. All of this far suprass anything in Crown and it’s not “just a bit better”. Crown has actually some of the worst nodes for a T2 devotion.

The Skeletons can apply RR to multiple targets in a much bigger area than Elemental Storm because they can spread out and occupy a large area. They also follow you, meaning enemies moving makes no difference. While with Elemental Storm it becomes useless the second the enemy leaves the radius if you move out of it.

All of this far suprasses a measly 7% RR. Again, you are putting way too much impact on a single stat. RR is not the be all end all. Revenant is pretty much the best flat RR devotion in the game and all the other flat RR devotions need buffs to compete if anything.

1 Like

Ok, i’ll give it a try. In the end, it turns to be something like this:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLnYYMN
Not sure, whether it’s worth it, but we’ll see how it goes.

Tell you what. I’ve attached my tweaked version of Nery’s lightning AAR build. It’s currently equipped with fire AAR items, but in one of the bags, you’ll find all the gear needed for lighting aat neatly placed in the bottom right corner.

I’ve also reset both masteries to so you can allocate skill points however you please, and have given you 100 tributes for testing in the Cr should that so tickle your fancy.

_Matricata (2).zip (1.3 MB)

You can look at the skill point allocation/augment/component used by nery, and that of the one by me in nery’s guide.

If you don’t like it, just delete the character

EDIT: You may need to reset attribute points because I went for a heavy spirit dump, making the build excessively glassy.

EDIT: Feel free to replace the offhand/weapon in the spec i sent you with your self-found ones should you feel like it’s cheating.

Actually, i have bad experience following build guides. In the end i’ve always came up with something significantly better than offered by build guide i’ve decided to follow. For example, i try to follow other’s lightning AAR build, and in the end came up with much better version. Same could be said about my physical retalliation oppressor, based upon this build, and again, greatly improved it…
Because of that, i dont like blindly trusting to other’s builds.
And dont worry, i got a bit bored with my AAR MH anyways, so i might just try “new” setup.

Your call mate. Doesn’t matter to me.

But for the record, I got curious about the AAR build. Made some tweaks to it - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62ayAmD2 - and beat naked crucible on the first try in 9min 30s.

EDIT: Video posted in nery’s guide

Elemental Storm gives only elemental resistances reduction while Revenant gives all resistances reduction including life leech resistance which is very good for survival

No, flat all RR doesn’t work against life leech resistance. You can only reduce life leech resistance through specific mods like Wildblood Crusher -5% life leech resistance to Devouring Swarm.

are you sure about that? Because I rememeber someone on the forum mentioning Revenant’s RR affects life leech too. If not then is there any way to reduce life leech resistances of monsters?

Very sure. Revenant does not give life leech RR. Would be freaking OP otherwise. It already borderline is

You can easily test against Manticore Deathstalker which has 113% life leech resistance. 25 flat RR should send its life leech resistance to 88% if flat RR actually worked on this res type and yet you still can’t leech from it.

The confusion mainly came from people noticing a leech increase when enemies got their res reduced by flat RR but the leech increase was because you are dealing more damage.

Yes, you can reduce life leech resistance but it has to specifically say it does. Like Wildblood Crusher -5% life leech resistance in to Devouring Swarm.

Then the wording is not correct. ‘Resistances’ should include all resistances otherwise is should be stated explicitly in the description like ‘Resistances other than Life Leech’.

I mean, GD is notorious for ambiguous wording. I used to think that +% all damage would include pets/retal too. But it doesn’t. :confused:

All resistance reduction affects only 10 damage resistances. It doesnt affect any secondary or CC resistances like LL res, energy leech res, freeze res, etc.

When you started following the builds play a huge factor here. Dunno when you did but both builds you linked are outdated by today’s standards - AAR got buffed by virtue of the arcanist buffs and Retal DE got nerfed to the ground. Of course there’s gotta be a better way to build those for the current patch.

Btw, that DE build was literally done in just an hour. Theorycrafting to testing in cruci and SR. Posted it then someone said beronath also converts retal. Did 5 mins cruci. No point in milking such an OP build (at the time) too far.

Yes, it’s really frustrating when people post therycrafted builds without thorough testing (and dont update them).
Phys Retal DE is OK build. I beat Crucible 170 with it, and it farms SR75 quite easily. It might be suffering a lot from enemy armour, but still feels good. There are far, far weaker builds around, you know.

“X reduced all resistances” should’ve been spelled as “X reduced all damage resistances” - it wouldnt cause any misunderstandings in that case.

In current patch it’s okay. But when FG came out it was bonkers. Actually, I just did Aether DE (it’s very good now) and will post it in a few days. I might try to update the retal one too if I can make it as good as the aether one.

I know. But it had been far too powerful (or, rather, i should say Avatar of Order had been far too OP item). That nerf was deserved. Maybe it was a bit too harsh, but the issues with phys retal DE are mostly tied to armour mechanics. Phys retal DE deals damage in many small hits (retalliation coming from many rather small damage sources) so enemy armour negates the lion’s share of damage. I wonder if acid retal DE would solve the issue… It’s just theoricrafted, though, i hadnt actually tested it.