Armor vs Phys res

I dunno what you’re talking about. I played nery’s light AAR MH, and didn’t struggle whatsoever with using seal of corruption

Wha? I find such builds MUCH easier to pilot because I still don’t understand when I need to kite and when I don’t when I don’t have the luxury of chaining invulnerability. Without chaining invulnerability I am in either in a) it looks like I’m fine, my health is 80%+, I’ll keep attacking…BAM, I’m dead, or
b) oh, oh I better kite - but actually in hindsight I could have sat there and killed the threat easily or just sidestepped
Maybe I’m missing something here.

Are you facing this problem in SR or crucible?

General problem. I’m just a bad pilot, so there’s nothing to be done. I just accept it.

There are things which can be done about it, and may not be difficult to implement. We can discuss them if you like.

EDIT: @BOG - anyway, please stop spreading misinformation like the plague. Not only does it make you look silly, it may very well be detrimental to others.

Thanks for the offer but that’s okay. I can still do Cruci-160 with little issue. I had to practice a lot to do 170 before FG where I got to the point where I could do it a high percentage of the time. If not, I could pop a cluster, although in rare cases I could still die.

With FG and the new crucible I do not want to relearn 170 (I repeat I can do post FG 160 consistently with the best builds) because I play legit, which means I have to a lot of tedious grinding to get back the crucible points if I die. This is one reason why I prefer SR, although I think see the issues with SR that are driving off a lot of theorycrafters.

Are things cooling down? I’m still not out of popcorns.

1 Like

OK, i think we should confess to an agreement,that there are various ways to achieve tankiness in endgame. None of them is supreme (maybe, except ADCTH - i dont think you would argue with me on that point), but one should be well aware what he’s doing and test things, if he wants to make a tanky build that works.

1 Like

That’s literally been my stance from the get go. Honestly, I highly recommend you try going for more DPS and see what happens.

Just make a copy of your current character folder. If you don’t like the changes, you have the original as a backup

For the record, I do think armor IS valuable. Ditto for phys res. Adcth is pointless if anything and their mother can one shot you.

I actually cant imagine how i’d go for significantly more DPS with that lightning AAR character. Without taking cheating into consideration, of course - my items are solely legit self-found. I’ve made 1000+ runs on Sister Crimson, yet i hadnt got anything better than " + “of Scorched Runes”. And that BiS suffix shown up just a single time. The number of times i’ve rare prefix (all non-rare are automatically useless) probably wont exceed 10 even. And of course all those came with useless suffix. I guess it was really insane luck to get double-green Alex pants.
Edit - yes’ i’ve already got Glyph of the Storm Witch, but above that, getting something better gets REALLY hard.

Absolutely agreed.

Ultos + Spear. You can use Nery’s guide as a template. I made it excessively glassy because I got curious to see how fast it could do a buffed/bannered clear.

But if you focused on a physique dump over a spirit dump, I’m almost 100% certain it can clear naked crucible, and SR 75

I can agree on Ultos, but is Spear of Heavens really worth it? With Revenant proving rather unreliable 25 RR, instead of Rhowan’s Crown’s reliable 32%? It doesnt make sense… RR IS the king there, if you go for it, you go all-out. Also, to get Ghoul just for a short 18% physres proc on low HP? Isnt that a bit a waste of points?

Raise the Dead actually applies RR much better than Elemental Storm because it’s 6 skeletons applying it. Plus the nodes in Revenant are leagues above Crown, Crown’s nodes are actually very mediocre.

Aether/lighting conversion also make skeles hit hard as heck

Regarding SoTH - aether/lightning conversion, OA, 180% lightning damage, Increased lightning res. Yes. It’s really good.

Phenomenal source of sustain too.

Arent those skellies dropping like flies drom any sneeze? Anyway, RR doesnt stack, so it doesnt matter, whether it’s 6 skellies applying RR, or just one, it wont go above 25. And an extra 7% RR is worth something like 200% increased damage or so. At that point “a bit better nodes” dont really matter, i think.
BTW, why dont get Korvaak?

Nope, they are actually very durable, even on high SR.

Revenant nodes have health, ADCTH, attack/cast speed, 15% undead damage, less damage from undead. All of this far suprass anything in Crown and it’s not “just a bit better”. Crown has actually some of the worst nodes for a T2 devotion.

The Skeletons can apply RR to multiple targets in a much bigger area than Elemental Storm because they can spread out and occupy a large area. They also follow you, meaning enemies moving makes no difference. While with Elemental Storm it becomes useless the second the enemy leaves the radius if you move out of it.

All of this far suprasses a measly 7% RR. Again, you are putting way too much impact on a single stat. RR is not the be all end all. Revenant is pretty much the best flat RR devotion in the game and all the other flat RR devotions need buffs to compete if anything.

1 Like

Ok, i’ll give it a try. In the end, it turns to be something like this:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLnYYMN
Not sure, whether it’s worth it, but we’ll see how it goes.

Tell you what. I’ve attached my tweaked version of Nery’s lightning AAR build. It’s currently equipped with fire AAR items, but in one of the bags, you’ll find all the gear needed for lighting aat neatly placed in the bottom right corner.

I’ve also reset both masteries to so you can allocate skill points however you please, and have given you 100 tributes for testing in the Cr should that so tickle your fancy.

_Matricata (2).zip (1.3 MB)

You can look at the skill point allocation/augment/component used by nery, and that of the one by me in nery’s guide.

If you don’t like it, just delete the character

EDIT: You may need to reset attribute points because I went for a heavy spirit dump, making the build excessively glassy.

EDIT: Feel free to replace the offhand/weapon in the spec i sent you with your self-found ones should you feel like it’s cheating.

Actually, i have bad experience following build guides. In the end i’ve always came up with something significantly better than offered by build guide i’ve decided to follow. For example, i try to follow other’s lightning AAR build, and in the end came up with much better version. Same could be said about my physical retalliation oppressor, based upon this build, and again, greatly improved it…
Because of that, i dont like blindly trusting to other’s builds.
And dont worry, i got a bit bored with my AAR MH anyways, so i might just try “new” setup.