Ashes of Malmouth modding - expansion files don't show up when creating a new mod

After extracting game files and creating a new mod, when I try to import a record it only allows me to use base game files (no new itmes, no inquisitor or Necromancer). A can modify vanilla skills values without any problems, but when I try to import a classtable I end up with only 6 base game masteries.

I’ve also noticed that after the file extraction, a new folder appeared in the /mods, called gdx1 and it contains the expansion files, that the asset manager can’t detect. So how do I create a new mod that uses the AoM files?

Section 1.2.3

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51590

Thanks a lot!

With the restructuring of the forum, links no longer seem to work. Where did this link point? I’m trying to learn to mod and even the tutorial mod is made for basic Grim Dawn. I’ve also no idea how to incorporate Ashes or Forgotten Gods

Wondering this also.

I have the asset manager set up correctly but I can’t recognize AoM or FG stuff.

Link is also borked.

Here’s the link again:

There was an issue with the wrong sample additional browse paths being shown in the guide but it’s fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The difference between “Additional Browse Directories” and “Additional Source Directories” is that the browse directories point to the folder where the arz file lies while the source directories point to the extracted expansion files.

For example, the Additional Browse Directories should look like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx1\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx2\

And the Additional Source Directories:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\mods\gdx1\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\mods\gdx2\

hey! It extract fine but the asset does’nt seems to load it properly. When i import the malepc01.dbr record it doesn’t have the class09 which adds from oathkeeper. But in gdx2 files, malepc01 have this updated to class09 as it should. What should I do?

Copy GDX1 over vanilla and GDX2 over the two…

I just did that after posting this. Finished bulding now and while testing all xpacs were loaded. But i still got that headless dude running off screen and masteries without icon

I found I need to go to mod->select->gdx2, and do changes in database tab(it opens dbrEditor anyway), and then “build” will build gdx2 independently into the mod root folder. Assuming you don’t want to play DCL as mod, then replace the produced gdx2.arz to original one in gameroot/gdx2/database (backup if need).
ps. the official instruction is rather unclear. Asset manager in fact doesn’t build expansions together with base game.