[Asterkarn] Berserker class name guesswork

Well, given that nearly a third of the current class names in GD come from TQ I’m going to ask - are any of these correct Zantai?

Slayer
Harbinger
Soothsayer
Evoker
Thane

Perhaps. Who knows. You didn’t assign any of them to a class combo so…

3 Likes

Okay, Mr. Clever Clogs. We’ll do this the hard way.

Berserker +Soldier: Slayer

Correct or not?

My suspicion is that the correct one from the graphic is Berserker + Nightblade = Slayer.

I’m presuming that Zantai meant that exactly one set of dyad and name matches, not that only one of those names is in there at all.

Next guesswork:

+Soldier: Thane
+Demolitionist: Dragoon
+Occultist: Harbinger
+Nightblade: Slayer
+Arcanist: Frostcaller (remember that technically, you can get a Pyromancer to use entirely electricity damage, with fire sight unseen…)
+Shaman: Marauder
+Inquisitor: Runemaster (the relic/custodian situation was my thinking that runes would be treated as a kind of relic in-universe)
+Necromancer: Reaver
+Oathkeeper: Zealot (confirmed)

No

One of these is correct.

Okay

Berseker + Nightblade: Slayer

And the other 8?

Not really trying to match to the actual class, just trying to find out if any of the TQ names are correct or not. Then we’ll know whether to guess them for class names or not. If some are then can work our way through them; if not then we can just eleminate them from our guesses.

Between my latest guesswork and the previous graphic, I think we can somewhat safely say Slayer is in there. Although I’ll not be surprised to learn at this rate that it’s +Demolitionist.

The other main possibility I see is that my latest guess had Thane correct (not necessarily the correct dyad, though), and the graphic had Evoker correct. I do not pretend to know which in my original guess was the third (and probably the correct dyad).

EDIT: So next round of Mastermind…

+Soldier: Juggernaut (…what?)
+Demolitionist: Chaosbringer (blame Trials of Mana)
+Occultist: Evoker (conjurable spirits like in the Ars Goetia are sometimes referred to as being evoked. Seeing how the Conjuror is part-Occultist, and the Berserker has some chaos capacity to begin with…)
+Nightblade: Reaver
+Arcanist: Seer
+Shaman: Thane (as a nod to what the Thane in TQ was?)
+Inquisitor: Custodian
+Necromancer: Blood Knight (look, if we can have a Death Knight…)
+Oathkeeper: Zealot (confirmed)

Seer’s is Shaman’s rare mastery prefix.

One of these is correct!

2 Likes

Two effectively isolated, and I might as well clarify one right now…

{drum roll}

Berserker + Nightblade = Reaver. Not correct at all, half-correct, or fully correct?

Berserker + Shaman = Rioter

+Soldier: Marauder
+Demolitionist: Hellion
+Occultist: Witcher (xD)
+Nightblade: Slayer
+Arcanist: Invoker
+Shaman: Beast Master
+Inquisitor: Guardian
+Oathkeeper: Zealot
+Necromancer: Reaver

+Soldier: Brutalizer
+Demolitionist: Agent of Destruction
+Occultist: Scion of Perpetual Void
+Nightblade: Soul Killer
+Arcanist: Planeswalker
+Shaman: Feral Brawler
+Inquisitor: Fanatical Exterminator
+Oathkeeper: Revenger
+Necromancer: Lord of Decay

And the rest?

None (except Oathkeeper) are correct.

Nope.

1 Like

Hm, if Oathkeeper/Berserker is Zealot then I’m going to guess that oul of

It’s Shaman/Berserker as Thane that’s correct. Might be Soldier/Berserker being Juggernaut, but that doesn’t feel right to me.

1 Like

2 Likes

…“And the rest”? I was working with your directly telling Medeea that Berserker + Soldier = Slayer is not correct.

Still, with Moldy basically being refuted in full, it seems “not correct at all” is it. No to Reaver, effectively yes to Thane.

{cracks knuckles} New Mastermind round:

+Soldier: Pillager
+Demolitionist: Stormcaller (heat + cold = …)
+Occultist: Desecrator
+Nightblade: Executioner
+Arcanist: Prophet
+Shaman: Thane
+Inquisitor: Harbinger
+Necromancer: Valkyrie (I don’t think it’s actually a feminine noun? It just means “chooser of the slain”…)