[Asterkarn] Berserker class name guesswork

And the other 8?

Not really trying to match to the actual class, just trying to find out if any of the TQ names are correct or not. Then we’ll know whether to guess them for class names or not. If some are then can work our way through them; if not then we can just eleminate them from our guesses.

Between my latest guesswork and the previous graphic, I think we can somewhat safely say Slayer is in there. Although I’ll not be surprised to learn at this rate that it’s +Demolitionist.

The other main possibility I see is that my latest guess had Thane correct (not necessarily the correct dyad, though), and the graphic had Evoker correct. I do not pretend to know which in my original guess was the third (and probably the correct dyad).

EDIT: So next round of Mastermind…

+Soldier: Juggernaut (…what?)
+Demolitionist: Chaosbringer (blame Trials of Mana)
+Occultist: Evoker (conjurable spirits like in the Ars Goetia are sometimes referred to as being evoked. Seeing how the Conjuror is part-Occultist, and the Berserker has some chaos capacity to begin with…)
+Nightblade: Reaver
+Arcanist: Seer
+Shaman: Thane (as a nod to what the Thane in TQ was?)
+Inquisitor: Custodian
+Necromancer: Blood Knight (look, if we can have a Death Knight…)
+Oathkeeper: Zealot (confirmed)

Seer’s is Shaman’s rare mastery prefix.

One of these is correct!

2 Likes

Two effectively isolated, and I might as well clarify one right now…

{drum roll}

Berserker + Nightblade = Reaver. Not correct at all, half-correct, or fully correct?

Berserker + Shaman = Rioter

+Soldier: Marauder
+Demolitionist: Hellion
+Occultist: Witcher (xD)
+Nightblade: Slayer
+Arcanist: Invoker
+Shaman: Beast Master
+Inquisitor: Guardian
+Oathkeeper: Zealot
+Necromancer: Reaver

+Soldier: Brutalizer
+Demolitionist: Agent of Destruction
+Occultist: Scion of Perpetual Void
+Nightblade: Soul Killer
+Arcanist: Planeswalker
+Shaman: Feral Brawler
+Inquisitor: Fanatical Exterminator
+Oathkeeper: Revenger
+Necromancer: Lord of Decay

And the rest?

None (except Oathkeeper) are correct.

Nope.

1 Like

Hm, if Oathkeeper/Berserker is Zealot then I’m going to guess that oul of

It’s Shaman/Berserker as Thane that’s correct. Might be Soldier/Berserker being Juggernaut, but that doesn’t feel right to me.

1 Like

2 Likes

…“And the rest”? I was working with your directly telling Medeea that Berserker + Soldier = Slayer is not correct.

Still, with Moldy basically being refuted in full, it seems “not correct at all” is it. No to Reaver, effectively yes to Thane.

{cracks knuckles} New Mastermind round:

+Soldier: Pillager
+Demolitionist: Stormcaller (heat + cold = …)
+Occultist: Desecrator
+Nightblade: Executioner
+Arcanist: Prophet
+Shaman: Thane
+Inquisitor: Harbinger
+Necromancer: Valkyrie (I don’t think it’s actually a feminine noun? It just means “chooser of the slain”…)

Spinning the wheel again.

+Soldier: Gladiator
+Demolitionist: Siegebreaker
+Occultist: Harbinger
+Nightblade: Vanquisher (nod to Farthest Frontier)
+Arcanist: Archivist
+Shaman: Thane
+Inquisitor: Preserver
+Necromancer: Desecrator

Wonder if ‘Struggler’ would be one as a nod to Berserk.

This is all in good fun, but I’ll be sticking to confirming or denying full sets of earnest guesses rather than individual ones or this is going to get out of control.

These are not correct.

These are not correct.

What might help rule out some guesses is that we generally avoid using terms already used across the game, unless they are thematically fitting. For example, Dreadblade was once in the running, but was later rewritten because it’s already used on a couple items and those were either not fitting for Berserker or did not have room to add it.

1 Like

There goes Thane.

+Soldier: Barbarian
+Demolitionist: Dragoon
+Occultist: Pagan
+Nightblade: Bloodletter - Rare Prefix seems to fit
+Arcanist: Vanquisher - might go with the vanquisher set if its updated to support Berserker
+Shaman: Wilding
+Inquisitor: Custodian
+Necromancer: Blood Knight

+Soldier: Juggernaut
+Demolitionist: Alchemist
+Occultist: Theurgist
+Arcanist: Mystic
+Shaman: Wildspeaker
+Inquisitor: Ranger
+Necromancer: DreadLord

So with both Reaver and Thane out of commission…

+Soldier: Warrior (although it does sound a little similar–perhaps needlessly so–to Warlord)

+Demolitionist: Siegemaster (this one may hew more to the Demolitionist side than the Berserker side)

+Occultist: Despoiler

+Arcanist: Disruptor

+Shaman: Evoker (the various Evoker armaments don’t seem to disqualify this)

+Inquisitor: Runelord (No Pathfinder jokes, please)

+Necromancer: Soothsayer

Which is all well and good, but doesn’t help us to know which ones out of the group are correct or not. You said on the discord that 3 in the opening post are correct and 1 is spot on, but we still haven’t worked those out. If we have to keep guessing the entire group I suspect by the time FoA releases the only one we’ll still know for sure is Zealot which has already been confirmed as correct for Oathkeeper/Berserker. :crazy_face:

There’s probably some math that someone smarter than me could apply on this to figure out the names from the hints…

Reminds me of this:

But to apply a solving algorithm we’d need access to a willing, honest server to reply for all the guesses. That may prove challenging.
Where we at on the Asterkarn preview packs for research purposes? =p